SP vs JB for the Gold

powerp

Does anyone know if it will be shown on TV this year? I have searched the TSSAA website and came up with nothing. I will be there but like to watch it again when I get home.

WTCI our local PBS station will carry all games from Cookeville. Class 1A, 3A and 5a Friday and others of course on Saturday.

yall better hope so because so will Hale :motorbike:

well i don't think SP has been up aginst a stingy D that JB has either :ph34r: and i don't see hale getting 3 td all day and so have we heard all the stuff that we gonna do this we gonna do that,,,JB has put 3 of the top 10 down in playoffs with that high powerd offense of PC friday night scoreing on 12

I think coach Grider said it best...When you play at South Pittsburg you do not expect anything less than to play for a state championship every year...Jo Byrns is good...but I have to like SP chances...I just can not imagine them losing back to back state titles...this team is to driven...they can get it done if they want it...offense will take care of itself...defense will determine if we win or not..its up to those 11...Got to put a helmet on someone and whoop the person if front of ya...I would actually imagine most people would pick JB to win this week though...fine with me...I like being the underdog...hopefully we will have a 07 repeat and not a 09

Everybody thought the same thing in 1986....that team was more talented than the one going to Cookeville Friday so it could happen. They just need to buckle it up and play hard and let the chips fall where they may.

well i don't think SP has been up aginst a stingy D that JB has either :ph34r: and i don't see hale getting 3 td all day and so have we heard all the stuff that we gonna do this we gonna do that,,,JB has put 3 of the top 10 down in playoffs with that high powerd offense of PC friday night scoreing on 12

Polk Co is the best defense we played all year, bar none....and they were 3A. They had bigger, stronger linemen that made the difference in the game. It did not help that we turned the ball over 5 or 6 times either. If Jo Byrns has players and depth equal to them, the Pirates will have to play their best game of the year to win.

Our two losses were to Signal Mtn who is playing for the 2A championship and a very good Polk Co team so our boys are battle tested. I like our chances if we don't have turnovers but regardless it should be a very good game.

Polk Co is the best defense we played all year, bar none....and they were 3A. They had bigger, stronger linemen that made the difference in the game. It did not help that we turned the ball over 5 or 6 times either. If Jo Byrns has players and depth equal to them, the Pirates will have to play their best game of the year to win.

Our two losses were to Signal Mtn who is playing for the 2A championship and a very good Polk Co team so our boys are battle tested. I like our chances if we don't have turnovers but regardless it should be a very good game.

yes i know Sp is battel test but in the playoff's they have not been kinda like PC in the far west mercy rule everyone then when you hit a game with good D you seem to fall apart, JB played a couple 3a team's and many 2a teams not the caliaber of what SP did but just the same JB has hit it's stride and got a few tough game's under there belt ,,,i think this is gonna be a classic but like JBAlumni81 said DEM DAR DEVIL'S ARE A COMINGG :twisted:

Polk County is better than any defense Sp or JB has seen all year..In fact I think JB has had a weak schedule and the two teams that beat SP would beat every team on JB schedule by at least 2-3 td's...Mark it down the pirates will not be denied...South Pittsburg 2010 State 1a Champions...back to where it belongs I might add

Edited by powerp

Polk County is better than any defense Sp or JB has seen all year..In fact I think JB has had a weak schedule and the two teams that beat SP would beat every team on JB schedule by at least 2-3 td's...Mark it down the pirates will not be denies...South Pittsburg 2010 State 1a Champions...back to where it belongs I might add

I wouldn't count on it just yet powerp :rolleyes:

Polk County is better than any defense Sp or JB has seen all year..In fact I think JB has had a weak schedule and the two teams that beat SP would beat every team on JB schedule by at least 2-3 td's...Mark it down the pirates will not be denies...South Pittsburg 2010 State 1a Champions...back to where it belongs I might add

yeah we not play polk co or sig,mnt. this is sp and jb devils are coming hold on to your hat's boy's and girl's

Should be a great game. Speed vs Power. South Pitt likes to get outside with there speed and Jo Byrns likes to go right at you. But they both have one thing in common and that is running the ball and both teams do it very well. South Pitt had a tougher regular season schedule which I think helps out but I do believe Jo Byrns has had the tougher route in the playoffs. I think this will be a very close game. I think South Pitt is the better team. However, the best team does not always win. Jo Byrns must continue to force turnovers which has helped them out a whole lot in there playoff run. Can not wait to see this one. Both teams have had fantastic teams the past 6 or 7 years and glad to finally see this match up.

Edited by Titans1234