6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

Sorry i just couldn't pass this one up. 7-3, 6-4, 6-4, and 6-4 could have been playing in cookeville this weekend. I will give you Bearden. But please think before you type. Why not say 3-7 coffee county could have made it also. Or better yet anyone could have made it to cookeville. That makes about about as much sense. Truth is there are only a handfull of teams each year that actually have a shot at making it to the title game. No need to pump up East TN. The two teams playing this weekend are the the two best remaining in 6A. No upset in the semi-finals. Now we will find out who the best is in the state.

My statement was that if not for Maryville, those 3 (bearden, Oak Ridge and Farragut) could be playing in Cookeville this weekend. You stated that I needed to think before I type, perhaps you need to do the same. If Oak Ridge had not been beaten on friday night by Maryville, where would they be this Friday? Look at the bracket. You said you give me Bearden, so that leave Farragut. Farragut is one of the most improved teams this year even with the loss of their QB.

Okay, time to move on. I agree 100% with Milo's statement a page or two back about the 2 strongest teams will be playing this weekend for the 6A championship. I have a lot of respect for the Smyrna team and think Maryville will have to play their absolute best game this week. Hopefully, we got over the turnover bug last week. Good luck to both teams...See you Saturday.

I just hope lil ol' smyrna can hang in there against this legendary, spectacular, rich in tradition power house that is MARYVILLE. These boys took it to riverdale last year with their WORST team since like 2000. smyrna just has a banged up starting running back and is missing a starting LB, probably just going to be another BLOWOUT against the 2nd WORST MARYVILLE team since 2000. Geez bulldogs, should have just laid down and forfeited already...smyrna faithful, alumni, students, don't even bother going to the game. The RIGOROUS, RIDICULOUSLY TOUGH (yet somehow underrated) schedule MARYVILLE has played has left them WAY more prepared than the little ol lavergnes smyrna has played. I pray for you bulldogs...

ALL HAIL THE MARYVILLE REBELS

Lord knows they are the CHOSEN ONES and come to CoachT for motivation!

If anyone feels gracious enough to give a little hope to the bulldogs of smyrna please do!

MARYVILLE - 59

smyrna - 2 (Safety at the end of the game given by MARYVILLE)

EAST TENNESSEE FOOTBALL REIGNS SUPREME...AGAIN!

I just hope lil ol' smyrna can hang in there against this legendary, spectacular, rich in tradition power house that is MARYVILLE. These boys took it to riverdale last year with their WORST team since like 2000. smyrna just has a banged up starting running back and is missing a starting LB, probably just going to be another BLOWOUT against the 2nd WORST MARYVILLE team since 2000. Geez bulldogs, should have just laid down and forfeited already...smyrna faithful, alumni, students, don't even bother going to the game. The RIGOROUS, RIDICULOUSLY TOUGH (yet somehow underrated) schedule MARYVILLE has played has left them WAY more prepared than the little ol lavergnes smyrna has played. I pray for you bulldogs...

ALL HAIL THE MARYVILLE REBELS

Lord knows they are the CHOSEN ONES and come to CoachT for motivation!

If anyone feels gracious enough to give a little hope to the bulldogs of smyrna please do!

MARYVILLE - 59

smyrna - 2 (Safety at the end of the game given by MARYVILLE)

EAST TENNESSEE FOOTBALL REIGNS SUPREME...AGAIN!

Yes ,all HAIL TO THE MARRYVILLE CHEIF !!!...My link

So you are saying that Alcoa has "some kind of out of area fee". Why have we not heard of this. Thank you BullyDog for this valuable information. This should make us more competitive with Alcoa in the future. Wow! Some kind of fee. Does the TSSAA know about this fee? Does Smyrna have this fee? Now that we know about this fee, will they put a stop to it? The more I think about it, the more questions I come up with. I wish our team had this fee. What is the true name of this fee, or is it just called, THE FEE?

BullyDog, don't let these other Maryville fans bring you down. They are just trying to get under your skin.

Could it be "The Fee " ?,... could it be "The Pay for Play Fee" ? ,or.....

So you are saying that Alcoa has "some kind of out of area fee". Why have we not heard of this. Thank you BullyDog for this valuable information. This should make us more competitive with Alcoa in the future. Wow! Some kind of fee. Does the TSSAA know about this fee? Does Smyrna have this fee? Now that we know about this fee, will they put a stop to it? The more I think about it, the more questions I come up with. I wish our team had this fee. What is the true name of this fee, or is it just called, THE FEE?

BullyDog, don't let these other Maryville fans bring you down. They are just trying to get under your skin.

Well I was told somebody said it was on here so I

decided to search here a little and here is what I have found

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

Photoman, on 15 September 2010 - 01:39 PM, said:

Long story short...You pay, You play. Open enrollment. Public school with a out of zone tuition fee. Don't know the number for sure, but I believe $500 fee and your ability to provide transportation can make anyone a Tornado

and also posted by another poster

Alcoa has always had out of zone players. We have gotten these kids for many reasons. One its the closets high school from their house. Alot of kids are 5 and 10 minutes closer to Alcoa than the schools their zoned for. Academics have always been very good and some parents like the smaller classroom for their kids. Of course the athletics have always excelled at this school. Tuition is very affordable compared to the only other city school in the county.

Another poster

My son is an OOZ player that started in 6th grade going to Alcoa and had to work hard to get better. Just because you are a OOZ player doesn't mean your a starter. I've seen some excallent players from the county schools come to Alcoa to be 3rd or 4th string. It doesn't always work out on the field. You better be good to get on that field. (My son is not a starter but contributes to the success of Alcoa football) Forgot to mention excellent grades. I think the percentage has gone down from 2009

and another poster

Alcoa is one of four High SChools in Blount COunty. Students out side of the city of Alcoa and Maryville can pay tuition and attend the city schools.

All I know is Smyrna does not have open enrollment, it would be great tho just think man if we had all the talent in Rutherford county now that would be a team. I also know just because somebody posted it does not make it so. That is why I was asking if anybody knows if it is true. So do you have an open enrollment? Not really sure what an ooz player is, can anybody tell?

Edited by BullyDog

Well I was told somebody said it was on here so I

decided to search here a little and here is what I have found

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

Photoman, on 15 September 2010 - 01:39 PM, said:

Long story short...You pay, You play. Open enrollment. Public school with a out of zone tuition fee. Don't know the number for sure, but I believe $500 fee and your ability to provide transportation can make anyone a Tornado

and also posted by another poster

Alcoa has always had out of zone players. We have gotten these kids for many reasons. One its the closets high school from their house. Alot of kids are 5 and 10 minutes closer to Alcoa than the schools their zoned for. Academics have always been very good and some parents like the smaller classroom for their kids. Of course the athletics have always excelled at this school. Tuition is very affordable compared to the only other city school in the county.

Another poster

My son is an OOZ player that started in 6th grade going to Alcoa and had to work hard to get better. Just because you are a OOZ player doesn't mean your a starter. I've seen some excallent players from the county schools come to Alcoa to be 3rd or 4th string. It doesn't always work out on the field. You better be good to get on that field. (My son is not a starter but contributes to the success of Alcoa football) Forgot to mention excellent grades. I think the percentage has gone down from 2009

and another poster

Alcoa is one of four High SChools in Blount COunty. Students out side of the city of Alcoa and Maryville can pay tuition and attend the city schools.

All I know is Smyrna does not have open enrollment, it would be great tho just think man if we had all the talent in Rutherford county now that would be a team. I also know just because somebody posted it does not make it so. That is why I was asking if anybody knows if it is true. So do you have an open enrollment? Not really sure what an ooz player is, can anybody tell?

Good post... :thumb:

Mairvul aint neer az good az Boysy.....Butt eye'm jist hopin' we don't git imbearassed bye tha Smirnuh Bulldawgs....Enny how me, mommaSTARS, tha Pups will haiv Nellie Belle loaded up pullin' tha faymus Silver Bullit (our nice little 1961 9ft. Airsteam Bambi campin' trailer) wif tha stireo pumpin' out a few good tunes on tha way down Eye-40....Wir stoppin' inn at Rockwood two git a awtigraff frum tha legund..... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I would love to see a match up between Alcoa and Ensworth. I think that would be a really good game since they both can recruit... :popcorneater:

I agree it would

One last post I found and then I am done

B2B2B

Trainer

Group: Members Posts: 104 Joined: 29-September 06 Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

Maryville does it all the time