6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

Gotta tackle whats running through them though.

No doubt about that. I give Bryson kudos, but I believe that Warren and Tyson were bigger loads to tackle. I believe tackling them helped us contain Mr. Football, Devrin Young. I believe its easier tackling someone who is not the size of a Volkswagon. Just watch the Maryville-Alcoa highlights.

No doubt about that. I give Bryson kudos, but I believe that Warren and Tyson were bigger loads to tackle. I believe tackling them helped us contain Mr. Football, Devrin Young. I believe its easier tackling someone who is not the size of a Volkswagon. Just watch the Maryville-Alcoa highlights.

Its harder to tackle what you can't catch. I also think that people are thinking Bryson is going to be like Devrin and I think they are quite a bit different. Now I may be wrong because all I have seen on Devrin is highlights. He seems to me though more of an outside the tackles type of back. Bryson is more of an inside the tackles kind of guy. So if everyone is expecting a back like Devrin they actually seem quite different. Just my opinion on him though. If I am mistaken please let me know. By the way I'm not saying anything bad about Devrin! So Please no one run me out of town. It's to easy to make people mad these days.

See the thing about DY is yea he did like to bounce it outside, but he also ran inside the tackles too. But Bearden's offense was based on getting him in the open field. I think alot of people underestimate the speed of Alcoa's big backs. They ran inside the tackles alot, and with their size and speed, they didnt have to make a move. They just ran over you.

See the thing about DY is yea he did like to bounce it outside, but he also ran inside the tackles too. But Bearden's offense was based on getting him in the open field. I think alot of people underestimate the speed of Alcoa's big backs. They ran inside the tackles alot, and with their size and speed, they didnt have to make a move. They just ran over you.

Well I haven't seen Alcoa play so I couldn't make a good judgment on that. I do know that they are probably really good though. Either way this should be a game for the ages and I am glad it finally came down to these two playing for it. May the best men win.

Well I haven't seen Alcoa play so I couldn't make a good judgment on that. I do know that they are probably really good though. Either way this should be a game for the ages and I am glad it finally came down to these two playing for it. May the best men win.

Here is a ahort video of Alcoa.

lets just take smyrna out of the championship game and let Coach Rankins team play merryville, since thats what everyone on the east coast seems to want. Lets stick to shs / mhs stuff on here people. Dont the alcoa people have their own thread. Or is it just so boring that you have to post on everyone on the website. Oh thats right you have already won the 2010 Championship so you don't have anything to talk about.

Can't wait til Saturday.

lets just take smyrna out of the championship game and let Coach Rankins team play merryville, since thats what everyone on the east coast seems to want. Lets stick to shs / mhs stuff on here people. Dont the alcoa people have their own thread. Or is it just so boring that you have to post on everyone on the website. Oh thats right you have already won the 2010 Championship so you don't have anything to talk about.

Can't wait til Saturday.

Alcoa has already played Maryville this year!!! :flower:

Can't wait til Saturday.

Then lets talk about how great Symrna is, how overrated Maryville. Im gonna just let you know Maryville has dealt with teams like yall before. Overconfident, just because yall play teams that run it right at yall. Ill give to ya yall know how to fight back. Half the time yall have been down in yalls games. Dont count out the rednecks yet. We know how to play football, just as well as yall. Yall, have a great backs that yall count on, great. We have a great team. One or two players are not going to beat Maryville, they have been down that road before. We might as well not show up, cuz Nashville football is greater than mountain football.

Then lets talk about how great Symrna is, how overrated Maryville. Im gonna just let you know Maryville has dealt with teams like yall before. Overconfident, just because yall play teams that run it right at yall. Ill give to ya yall know how to fight back. Half the time yall have been down in yalls games. Dont count out the rednecks yet. We know how to play football, just as well as yall. Yall, have a great backs that yall count on, great. We have a great team. One or two players are not going to beat Maryville, they have been down that road before. We might as well not show up, cuz Nashville football is greater than mountain football.

UUUMMMM....Nashville Football???