Centennial,Ravenwood or Summit?

hardtackle

1. Why did Smith leave? (more than "personal reasons")

2. When will new RHS coach be named?

3. How many have interviewed for it?

4. Who are the leading candidates?

5. Predictions for Centennial's upcoming season?

Taco, I can only repeat what I told the Tennessean concerning Coach Del

Smith, I wish him the best and hope he is able to get his old job back at Blue Ridge.

Ravenwood has been interviewing coaches over the last 10 days, I have not been sitting in on the interviews so some of the coaches I do not know; but of the 7 that I know about that are some great Coaches. Centennial has alot of work ahead of them over the next 5 months to get ready for their first game, but they have the right coach in place to lead the way. If they can go 5-5 in 2011 it will put them in the playoffs and that would be great.

jackd

First of all, thanks coach for making yourself available on coach T. Since you are the athletic director for Williamson county I think you would be the right person to answer this question. How can an athletic diector at one high school also be a football coach at a different high school when these two schools are on each others football schedules?

Even if it is possible according to rules or regulations, does it seem right? Has this ever been done before?

Thanks

Will2Win, all decisions concerning the hiring and firing of coaches are made by the principals at each high school and middle school. If a teaching position is not available at the school then sometimes a coach may have to teach at one school while coaching at another. I did the same in 2004 and 2005 while I was teaching at Ravenwood,I became an assistant coach for Coach Crawford at Brentwood; my reasons were that my youngest son did not follow me to Ravenwood and I after I had resigned my AD and Head Football position at Ravenwood Coach Crawford call and asked me to come and help him at Brentwood. Dr. Vaden was ok with that so it worked out great for 2 years then I was able to get a teaching position back at Brentwood full time.

Everyone's story is different and I am sure there is a good reason if it ends up happening that way.

jackd

Would be nice if it was home, maybe a few can call wilco office and ask JD himself

Sarahpalin, I can only say who I am but if you have doubts please email me at

jackd@wcs.edu or call me at 615-472-4095 I am not trying to trick anyone, just trying to help with some facts. I can't answer all the questions that may come but the ones I do, I will answer honestly.

jackd

Sarahpalin, I can only say who I am but if you have doubts please email me at

jackd@wcs.edu or call me at 615-472-4095 I am not trying to trick anyone, just trying to help with some facts. I can't answer all the questions that may come but the ones I do, I will answer honestly.

jackd

JD no offense but a lot if wannabees and fakes on here.

Will2Win, all decisions concerning the hiring and firing of coaches are made by the principals at each high school and middle school. If a teaching position is not available at the school then sometimes a coach may have to teach at one school while coaching at another. I did the same in 2004 and 2005 while I was teaching at Ravenwood,I became an assistant coach for Coach Crawford at Brentwood; my reasons were that my youngest son did not follow me to Ravenwood and I after I had resigned my AD and Head Football position at Ravenwood Coach Crawford call and asked me to come and help him at Brentwood. Dr. Vaden was ok with that so it worked out great for 2 years then I was able to get a teaching position back at Brentwood full time.

Everyone's story is different and I am sure there is a good reason if it ends up happening that way.

jackd

Thanks very much coach for responding to my question. I can see how your situation worked. However; you were no longer the AD at Ravenwood when you started coaching at Brentwood. This situation seems a little different.

It will all work out sooner or later. Thanks again for your response!

Taco, I can only repeat what I told the Tennessean concerning Coach Del

Smith, I wish him the best and hope he is able to get his old job back at Blue Ridge.

Ravenwood has been interviewing coaches over the last 10 days, I have not been sitting in on the interviews so some of the coaches I do not know; but of the 7 that I know about that are some great Coaches. Centennial has alot of work ahead of them over the next 5 months to get ready for their first game, but they have the right coach in place to lead the way. If they can go 5-5 in 2011 it will put them in the playoffs and that would be great.

jackd

Thanks Jack.

Here's a fun question for you; How do deal with parents that are upset that jr isnt getting enough playing time or the ball enough, etc.?

tell them that if they do it one more time, take their child and go find somewhere else to play ...

That works if you can get the T$$AA to go along with it withOUT the child having to sit out a year. <_<

Now a questions for the brave AD that got on here.........can I interest you in a current Head Coach here in the Boro for a spot over there in Williamson County? :roflolk:

Serious question. Have you suggested that other AD's get on here to stop stupid rumors in its tracks? If not, PLEASE do.

Nice move, Coach. This has gotten out of hand.

Please name the assistants Rector has hired at CHS. Thanks.

Brian Reactor - Head Coach

Jason Eubanks - Defensive Coordinator/LB's

Tom Shuman - Offensive Line

Jason Reinbold - Wide Receivers

David Dawson - Defensive Line

Greg Stout - Offensive Line/Freshmen

Bobby O'Neal - Tackles/TE's/Freshmen

Still interviewing for: QB Coach; RB Coach; DB Coach; OLB Coach

2011 Schedule:

AUG 26 OVERTON - H 8-2

SEPT 2 FRANKLIN - A 7-3

SEPT 9 ANTIOCH - A 4-6

SEPT 16 INDY - H 4-6

SEPT 23 WILSON CENTRAL -A 3-7

SEPT 30 BRENTWOOD - H 7-3

OCT 7 CANE RIDGE - A 4-6

OCT 14 RAVENWOOD - A 3-7

OCT 21 SHELBYVILLE H 6-4

OCT 28 HILLSBORO -H 4-6

I hope this helps.

jackd

Thanks Jack.

Here's a fun question for you; How do deal with parents that are upset that jr isnt getting enough playing time or the ball enough, etc.?

Taco, good question but I going to pass on an answer because every coach does it differently and I wouldn't want a parent to judge their coach on how I handle those situations; but trust me after 27 years of High School football I have had my share of upset parents.

jackd

That works if you can get the T$$AA to go along with it withOUT the child having to sit out a year. <_<

Now a questions for the brave AD that got on here.........can I interest you in a current Head Coach here in the Boro for a spot over there in Williamson County? :roflolk:

Serious question. Have you suggested that other AD's get on here to stop stupid rumors in its tracks? If not, PLEASE do.

Lost Old Dad, I have not talked to other AD's and I don't know how long I will continue to visit CoachT to answer questions. We have gone through alot of change in our county since the football season ended, and I was surprised by some of the things being said so I decided to help provide some facts.

jackd