Centennial,Ravenwood or Summit?

hardtackle

I'm sure this will be great bulletin board material. You might need to go hide under a rock. :roflol:

I am not hiding anywhere. You are the one that keeps saying that Brentwood is the only real team in our region and I just let you know that there are two teams in this region. The Rebels have never lost to Centennial and I'm pretty sure that Coach Clayton will not let it happen this year either. Whoever said that Rector knows how to beat Brentwood and Franklin is correct, but they forgot that Clayton also knows how to beat Rector. Man I can't wait for the season. This just got things exciting.

If you look at Williamson County football has a whole over the last couple of years, it has slid back while the Rutherford County teams have become the dominate football county with great competition between the teams. With the hiring of these excellent coaches one can only hope Williamson County football competition will step it up by getting better all around, producing "knock down drag out" football games while elevating Williamson County to the top of the Tennessee High School football world.

Edited by rappy

If you look at Williamson County football has a whole over the last couple of years, it has slid back while the Rutherford County teams have become the dominate football county with great competition between the teams. With the hiring of these excellent coaches one can only hope Williamson County football competition will step it up by getting better all around, producing "knock down drag out" football games while elevating Williamson County to the top of the Tennessee High School football world.

what would be more exciting than new coaches is new talent... not many horses

CHS had a lot of horses in the halls that just did not play. They were elibible, athletic, and a few had some good size. They could have contributed tremendously, they just didnt want to play with things being as they were. I think a lot of those kids will come out for Rector.

CHS had a lot of horses in the halls that just did not play. They were elibible, athletic, and a few had some good size. They could have contributed tremendously, they just didnt want to play with things being as they were. I think a lot of those kids will come out for Rector.

If they would not play for coach M there is no way they will play for rector.

If they would not play for coach M there is no way they will play for rector.

You are wrong.

After Dr. Brown called the team down to tell them who their new coach was, several students came by and saw me at the end of the day. A young man, wide a a barn door, who was a senior and did not play this past season was very upset that he would not have the chance to play for Coach Rector.

You are wrong.

After Dr. Brown called the team down to tell them who their new coach was, several students came by and saw me at the end of the day. A young man, wide a a barn door, who was a senior and did not play this past season was very upset that he would not have the chance to play for Coach Rector.

I hope I am. I have heard that rector is a very demanding coach and will be much tougher than coach M. That is why I said what I said. Time will tell,hope you are right.

I dont usually post much on Williamson County threads, but I've been watching this one with interest. I live in the area, but for the past few years have been watching most of my high school football in Rutherford county because quite frankly, its better football right now. All three of these hires are good quality hires and I hope they bring the overall level of competition up in Williamson.

I agree with some of the other posters, Centennial has a great opportunity to be something special in football. Centennial is the closest thing to a Rutherford County school in terms of demographics and athletes in Williamson County; Smyrna, Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, etc. are all very similar to Centennial. With a quality guy like Rector at the helm, there cant be any more excuses for not being a top program in middle Tennessee. If the kids get their minds right and get their hearts in it, things can turn around really fast for Centennial.

And I will throw this in as a bonus that all programs these days seems to struggle with; parents, shut up and stay out of the way. When the coach needs your help, and its usually only with fundraising and mowing, he will ask for it. I can promise you he wont ask for help coaching. Don't offer it and dont force it on him. And when junior is standing on the sideline and you are mad about it and in your heart you just know that junior is better than the guy playing in front of him, keep your mouth shut. Cheer, yell, and clap for your team, cause when you do anything other than that, you embarrass the heck out of junior, and if you ask junior, he will tell you that the other guy is better too, if you have a good enough relationship for him to be honest with you and you have raised him right!

You are wrong.

Sounds like Mr. Barn Door really didn't want to play football and used the coach as an excuse.