District 9-A

ecu

I didnt mean to get anything started. Forrest has an outstanding team, coach, fans and played it close without their #2 scorer. Which says alot. Haven't Summertown play, so no comments there. I will say this...records, rankings, opinions and thoughts can be discarded and thrown away now that the tournaments have started. Go Hornets & District 9A!!!!

Phil24 you didn't start anything VandyChris has been like this all season and I had just had enough of him today!! Congratulations to Huntland who has played great whenever I have seen them play (I wish I had been there last night) and Go Rockets you will come back and show everyone what you can do.

The big bad forrest did get beat last night. It happens. They were also without their second leading scorer Corey Bishop due to the flu. Not to take anything away from Huntland they earned it, but we were down a man. I'm glad you get to ruffle your feathers but the boys from Forrest played hard and didn't quit and that is the heart of a true champion. The road gets harder but we will deal with it. Vandychris good luck and I hope your boys do play good in the tournament and if you have nothing good to say then don't say anything. Good luck Rockets, hold your heads up and you got to have this next one.

which player is corey bishop? Is he the PG or the lefty shooter?

Its not over for Forrest, they will just have to work a little harder to come back. And if Huntland wins the District, they won't be playing at home next time. Forrest will have their full squad back and they will be ready. :popcorneater:

Whats wrong with Huntland playing at home, best i remember Forrest won the district championship on their floor last year. I think we beat you earlier this year with all your players and lost a close game to you at Chapel Hill. I appreciate most of the Forrest fans complimenting the Huntland team. I personally think Huntland and Forrest are the most balanced teams in the district. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

It was a great game...and I'm definitely not trying to imply that Huntland didn't deserve the win. Jacob was shooting the lights out. I think that game was more like the District finals in my opinion. It was well worth the long drive. District 9 will be well represented should one or both make it out of Regions. :thumb:

Whats wrong with Huntland playing at home, best i remember Forrest won the district championship on their floor last year. I think we beat you earlier this year with all your players and lost a close game to you at Chapel Hill. I appreciate most of the Forrest fans complimenting the Huntland team. I personally think Huntland and Forrest are the most balanced teams in the district. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

It was a great game...and I'm definitely not trying to imply that Huntland didn't deserve the win. Jacob was shooting the lights out. I think that game was more like the District finals in my opinion. It was well worth the long drive. District 9 will be well represented should one or both make it out of Regions. :thumb:

I appologize I guess I took your post the wrong way. Good luck to Forrest against Cascade.

which player is corey bishop? Is he the PG or the lefty shooter?

Corey plays the #2 guard. He was missed not only for his scoring but for his basketball "smarts". From the games I have seen Forrest play this year, I haven't seen him miss a free throw yet. I hope he is back for the remainder of the season. Good luck to all 9A teams Friday night and the region also.

Forrest and Huntland are both good teams. I do not feel like either of them are the most balanced in the district. Forrest post game is nowhere near being at the top of the district. Huntland guard play outside of #21 is nowhere near being at the top of the district. Community was as balanced as most teams this year but our guards were too young to finish against some very good competition in this district. Also, Eagleville did not get to the championship game by accident. If you are talking about balance I think they might be the most balanced team in the district when you take into consideration guard play and post play. Especially when they play hard like they have in the tourney so far.

I don't really think Eagleville is that balance either. They have players who will not shoot and give them nothing on offense. One good post and one good guard. Huntland wins championship tonight.

I think Eagleville has two good post players -- Ledwell and Hawk. But, I agree with your prediciton re: Huntland winning the district.

Edited by CoffeeBreak

#20 should have been MVP. He was the difference against MTCS and was huge on defense last night. Davenport was the difference against Cascade. Huntland blew too many layups to win. Hope everyone does well next week.

#20 for Eagleville is Hawks. He's gone unnoticed for the most part throughout the season as he typically doesn't put huge points on the scoreboard(averages about 8 points a game) but is one heck of a defensive player, rebounder and is very quick up and down the court. He's shut some key scorers down against opponents this year. He's done that all year, not just in the tournament. I seen a few weeks ago he was in the top 5 high school players in Rutherford county for assists. I say he goes unnoticed because he recevied an all tournament award and the DNJ didn't even point that out in the report last night. Just listed Davenport and Ledwell as all tournament for Eagleville, not Hawks. It's a shame, kid deserves more credit in my opinion. Not taking anything away from Ledwell or Davenport as they are both great players as well and key for Eagleville. I bet MTCS wish they would have paid more attention the other night when Eagleville moved Hawks down low and he scored 17 points before they figured out what happened.

Congrats to Eagleville...it was a hard played physical game by both teams. There is some real good talent this year in District 9A. Forrest looked good last night too.

Edited by tnguy68