GREENEVILLE GREENE DEVILS STATE CHAMPS!

DevilMan03

I want to start this by saying I haven't read any of the post, before or after the game. I just want to say congrats to Greeneville on the title and congrats on breaking a record held by my '97 TC team. Anytime you are a part of a team that holds a record like that, and for that long, you hate to see it fall. But, records are made to be broken, and I don't know of a team that I would rather have it. After what I saw you guys going through, and the class you showed, I wish you could have pushed it out (point total) a little more. I wish you had put 100 on their arse! :evil:

Congrats on the win and the record. I'm now officially passing the torch! ;)

• Upvote 1

From my own point view ..it was the refs who made the bears ..lose focus and control ...everything positve the bears did on offense and defense early on ..was flagged ..8+ flags in the first qtr alone ..senseless seemed like ..just enough to get you guys a nice cushion ...what else did you expect these kids to do?? ...the refs lost control by not letting these kids play ..and backed them in a corner .. they had no choice but to come out fighting... "if want to flag me ...for nothing then here is something to flag me for" .. now the refs have lost the respect of the kids and the coaching staff ...and the other team sits back and smile because everything going their way ...just as planned ...of all the games i watched ..no one was flagged more ...you guys act like these kids wanted ...to come out there and be made to look like fools ...they earned a right to play in that game just like greeneville...and should have been giving a chance ... im not saying they would have won the game ...but it would not have been the same score ...and to blame those guys for what happened to your bus ...wrong just as well... maybe it was a greeneville fan that slashes the wrong tires by mistakes.... now how does that sound??? ...just didnt like what i saw ...and it was a shame it came to that ..i was looking forward to a good game ...and all i saw was crap.. and i see this all to often ..

What are the refs supposed to ignore? THS strategy was to guess the snap count. They were wrong. A bunch. On extra points, they were doing it every time. It appeared the thought was it is not much of a penalty (half the distance) so take the chance. The flagrant one was hitting the center in the head, with a running start, before the snap. That should have been an ejection. When you are running at the center, you know if he has snapped the ball or not. The center is looking back and is defenseless. After that, I would have gone for 2 every time. To protect my center and my kicker (from the cheap shots).

The reason they were running into Ogle (in my opinion) was he was frustrating them. He put 6 of 8 kick offs in the end zone. 80 was jumping up and down and pouting every time one went ever his head. I kept waiting for him to target him on a return but it didn't happen. He did get a tackle on one of the 2 return opportunities.

The THS coach pulled the first kid who got a personal foul and got in his face a bit. After that, he didn't seem to respond. I guess when you have a limited bench, you can't pull every kid who commits a personal foul.

The only thing I wished the refs would have done is the pull the two coaches to the middle of the field and said "Enough, the next kid from either team who commits an unsportsmanlike conduct is gone." That might have restored some order. I was at the game and was concerned about it getting further out of control.

That said, I hate that THS didn't have their star back because of the injury. Would have liked to have played them at full strength.

What are the refs supposed to ignore? THS strategy was to guess the snap count. They were wrong. A bunch. On extra points, they were doing it every time. It appeared the thought was it is not much of a penalty (half the distance) so take the chance. The flagrant one was hitting the center in the head, with a running start, before the snap. That should have been an ejection. When you are running at the center, you know if he has snapped the ball or not. The center is looking back and is defenseless. After that, I would have gone for 2 every time. To protect my center and my kicker (from the cheap shots).

The reason they were running into Ogle (in my opinion) was he was frustrating them. He put 6 of 8 kick offs in the end zone. 80 was jumping up and down and pouting every time one went ever his head. I kept waiting for him to target him on a return but it didn't happen. He did get a tackle on one of the 2 return opportunities.

The THS coach pulled the first kid who got a personal foul and got in his face a bit. After that, he didn't seem to respond. I guess when you have a limited bench, you can't pull every kid who commits a personal foul.

The only thing I wished the refs would have done is the pull the two coaches to the middle of the field and said "Enough, the next kid from either team who commits an unsportsmanlike conduct is gone." That might have restored some order. I was at the game and was concerned about it getting further out of control.

That said, I hate that THS didn't have their star back because of the injury. Would have liked to have played them at full strength.

I have to disagree with you on one point. That coach could have pulled every kid that had a personal foul, explained to him that his behavior was unacceptable and if it occurred again he was out of the game. These kids were a reflection on him as a Coach and it was undignified for him to allow his team to continue unchecked. I think we would have had a lot more respect for him as a coach if it at least looked like he was in control...he obviously was not.

From my own point view ..it was the refs who made the bears ..lose focus and control ...everything positve the bears did on offense and defense early on ..was flagged ..8+ flags in the first qtr alone ..senseless seemed like ..just enough to get you guys a nice cushion ...what else did you expect these kids to do?? ...the refs lost control by not letting these kids play ..and backed them in a corner .. they had no choice but to come out fighting... "if want to flag me ...for nothing then here is something to flag me for" .. now the refs have lost the respect of the kids and the coaching staff ...and the other team sits back and smile because everything going their way ...just as planned ...of all the games i watched ..no one was flagged more ...you guys act like these kids wanted ...to come out there and be made to look like fools ...they earned a right to play in that game just like greeneville...and should have been giving a chance ... im not saying they would have won the game ...but it would not have been the same score ...and to blame those guys for what happened to your bus ...wrong just as well... maybe it was a greeneville fan that slashes the wrong tires by mistakes.... now how does that sound??? ...just didnt like what i saw ...and it was a shame it came to that ..i was looking forward to a good game ...and all i saw was crap.. and i see this all to often ..

it seems as though you are a bit lost. that is easy to see, since it was you that picked maplewood to beat the devils. how did that work out? then the next week you picked the fine gentlemen from trezevant to beat the devils. that also seemed to work out real well. it seems as though you have got it all figured out. your statement about the speed of trezevant was correct, however. you forget to tell trezevant that the boys in green like to hit a little, or alot. the maplewood family and school showed us fans a great and classy time in nashville, it is a shame that you are allowed to degrade that on here. here are some facts for you. Greeneville is better that the 15 other teams they played. 60 to 12. rings for all the boys in green.

I want to start this by saying I haven't read any of the post, before or after the game. I just want to say congrats to Greeneville on the title and congrats on breaking a record held by my '97 TC team. Anytime you are a part of a team that holds a record like that, and for that long, you hate to see it fall. But, records are made to be broken, and I don't know of a team that I would rather have it. After what I saw you guys going through, and the class you showed, I wish you could have pushed it out (point total) a little more. I wish you had put 100 on their arse! :evil:

Congrats on the win and the record. I'm now officially passing the torch! ;)

thank you for this post. the boys in green are a fine bunch of young men, and they appreciate your compliments

• 2 weeks later...

Alcoa would beat Greeneville 35-14 if the 2 teams played tomorrow.

Alcoa would score 60 on Trezevant in 2 and a half quarters EASILY!

Greeneville tried to "impress" everyone by running up the score on a team that was completely inferior to them. I don't agree with the way Trezevant's team reacted (it was inexcuseable) but I do believe it was a situation that never should have been presented.

Alcoa did not "run it up" on teams that they played. There's a reason that Hambrick only had "59 carries" during the regular season. Did any of you rocket scientists ever think of that?

Alcoa was playing 2nd and 3rd teamers last week against Elizabethton before halftime. Greeneville was playing starters in the 4th Quarter against Trezevant.

If Greeneville won a record based off of that then........it will FOREVER be considered a joke by some real football fans who saw the game tonight.

I don't care who else returns either. If #'s 3 and 11 are graduating then Greeneville will not be back in Cookeville next December. Not a chance :roflol:

Hater..Hater..Hater.