GREENEVILLE GREENE DEVILS STATE CHAMPS!

DevilMan03

alcoa would beat greenville by atleast 4 tds i watched both games and thats my predition and i also think lexington would have beat them if they had made it but turnovers is what killed them that was there only bad game lol!!!

From an outsider's perspective, the whole Alcoa vs Greeneville debate is interesting. I for one think that would be a great game. We will never know. To predict that Alcoa would win by "at least 4 TDs" is ridiculous. I think the two teams are much closer than that. The talk about Lexington beating Greeneville after losing to Trezevant sounds like wishful thinking. I'm not a Greeneville fan, but I did watch them play EHS the past two years and don't understand all the skeptics. They were in the title game last year with a realistic chance to win. This year's team was much better than last year's team.

Fritz should stick to reporting and leave rankings to the professionals. This is the second time he's made the stupid remark about Alcoa lacking a Carmichael caliber athlete.I love Willie C and think he's amazing but the Tornadoes are LOADED with great athletes...

Greeneville is a great team that has earned all due respect. Fritz once again shows that he is very uneducated when it comes to high school football in TN. Willie C is absolutely awesome, but yes we have at least one or two! Maybe three if we try real hard.

But you cannot blame ole Fritz. His job is to sell newspapers and you cannot sell the local rag if you do not write what your customer wants to read. However, be glad you have a sports writter that is excited and actually writes about the local team. Ours have become quite bored with Alcoa and Maryville winning and execute marginal coverage of our games. To be frank, the KNS covers Blount County better than our home newspaper. Alas, they are slowly going broke and rely on the AP newslines to fill the local paper. With such exciting story lines it is really hard to understand their inability to sell papers. :rolleyes:

Again, Green Devils, congrats on a great season. You are a very impressive team. Looking forward to visiting that beautiful stadium next year.

Fritz should stick to reporting and leave rankings to the professionals. This is the second time he's made the stupid remark about Alcoa lacking a Carmichael caliber athlete.I love Willie C and think he's amazing but the Tornadoes are LOADED with great athletes...

I like fritz he goes over board sometimes but he is the only person who go es us some love. Greeneville sun don't knoxville don't only fritz does. So if he says something stupid I still buy it and frame it just cost he is showing us love and who knows who would win a game between us and alcoa

I like fritz he goes over board sometimes but he is the only person who go es us some love. Greeneville sun don't knoxville don't only fritz does. So if he says something stupid I still buy it and frame it just cost he is showing us love and who knows who would win a game between us and alcoa

The Sun gives Greeneville great coverage. What aggrevates me so about Fritz is he couldn't write a story about Brazilian soccer without interjecting his beloved Betsy into it. If the Johnson City Press is so darn desperate for Greene county readers then maybe they should actually have reporters cover EVERY GAME instead of cherry picking. The only time they covered us in the regular season was when we played Betsy and the 2 big 8 teams. See how much coverage we get next year when NONE of them are on our schedule

The Sun gives Greeneville great coverage. What aggrevates me so about Fritz is he couldn't write a story about Brazilian soccer without interjecting his beloved Betsy into it. If the Johnson City Press is so darn desperate for Greene county readers then maybe they should actually have reporters cover EVERY GAME instead of cherry picking. The only time they covered us in the regular season was when we played Betsy and the 2 big 8 teams. See how much coverage we get next year when NONE of them are on our schedule

I'm a G'ville resident and I couldn't disagree more. The Greeneville Rag only gives GHS token coverage. Wayne must be too scared that he will upset the county residents if he does too many G'ville stories. JC Press(Fritz) did an article on Willie 2 months ago. Other than the game preview, the Sun never writes additional articles.

I generally agree with you Barb, but to think that the Sun gives GHS "GREAT" coverage, you must be friends with Wayne Phillips. Can you point to any articles during the season that the Sun had? The only coverage they give is the exact coverage that ALL of the Greene County teams get. I think it's a real shame that Fritz had to do an article that Wayne should have done(Willie's story).

I'm a G'ville resident and I couldn't disagree more. The Greeneville Rag only gives GHS token coverage. Wayne must be too scared that he will upset the county residents if he does too many G'ville stories. JC Press(Fritz) did an article on Willie 2 months ago. Other than the game preview, the Sun never writes additional articles.

I generally agree with you Barb, but to think that the Sun gives GHS "GREAT" coverage, you must be friends with Wayne Phillips. Can you point to any articles during the season that the Sun had? The only coverage they give is the exact coverage that ALL of the Greene County teams get. I think it's a real shame that Fritz had to do an article that Wayne should have done(Willie's story).

We have 5 schools in Greene County and they all 5 play the same sports...against each other. The Sun's circulation depends heavily on the county citizens and having their school sports in the local paper is important to them. Willie has gotten enough recognition for his accomplishments in the local paper.

Fritz is real quick to jump on the Greeneville bandwagon and I do appreciate the kind words for our team but he really has a burr under his saddle about Alcoa and I don't particularly feel his Greeneville/Alcoa comparisons serve any purpose but to inflame the Alcoa fanbase and make him look stupid.

As far as Willie's story goes, it was nice but I think he is more concerned with where he's going than where he came from. Unfortunately, everytime his background is mentioned in the press,the words "transfer" and "import" are attached to it and that is often viewed negatively. I really think the Sun's restraint was admirable.

Congrats to: Greeneville, Alcoa, Maryville, Signal Mtn., and Webb! You represented the EAST WELL! I just don't seem to get why their is arguing and complaints on here? Greeneville did not run the score up at all. The only time we did was to go for 2 to secure that record, which we now hold. I will say this though, the Trezvant team was way out of line and were just trying to start fights. Oh and I love how their coaches handled them and then later blamed the game on the refs. REAL CLASSY.. Thanks for the slashed tires, I hope you all enjoy your silver ball! :roflol::thumb::lol:

It is indeed a shame that our victory celebration has to be marred by the unfortunate behavior of our opponents instead of recognition of the incredible highlight reel performances by the Devils....Hall's monster hit on the Bear QB was one he won't be forgetting any time soon...BJ's diesel driven runs mowing over Trezevant defenders, Willie's leap into the endzone over a couple of defenders and Ben Ogles kicking with a big 'ol bulls-eye on his jersey...49 yd fg and perfect PAT's even with the defenders trying to take him out. These are the things we should be posting about...GO DEVILS!!!