Top 3A teams in the state

Govolsknox

I thought it would be interesting to see what the top 10 - 15 teams in 3A from 2010 think about their prospects for 2011. How many returning starters do you have on offense and defense? What do you see as your strengths next year? What areas are of most concern? Who are the players that you think are most likely to step up and make an impact? Will 2011 be a better year than 2010 or a step back? Let's get it started!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it would be interesting to see what the top 10 - 15 teams in 3A from 2010 think about their prospects for 2011. How many returning starters do you have on offense and defense? What do you see as your strengths next year? What areas are of most concern? Who are the players that you think are most likely to step up and make an impact? Will 2011 be a better year than 2010 or a step back? Let's get it started!

For CAK:

Offense: has the opportunity to be good, will have to develop O line and allow QB some time to settle in as starter, but very capable. Receivers are the strength at this time with 3 starters returning, all are proven and very good.

Defense: only 2 starters returning, some prospects that can help but not enough to field a strong overall defense at this time. This is the biggest concern for next year. Lots of work to be done here.

Schedule: most challenging of any CAK schedule in the past 10 years.

Overall assessment: will be hard to repeat the success of the past 2 years, but I wouldn't sell these players and coaches short. Spring practice will be critical.

Edited by FootballDad

Honestly I think it will be the same teams that have been there the past couple of years. Alcoa is still going to be "the team". Milan, Goodpasture, Polk Co, Elizabethton will all field good solid teams. Depending on how well CAK reloads after a large senior class, Im sure they and Loudon will both be back at the top as well.

CDHS- Well i do have to say for going 7-4 this season we did allright. But are main are of attack and is still going to be is julilius montgomery aka the juice. Yes we lost to betsy in the first round 30-14. But if anyone saw that game we CDHS lost it. The fumble right after halftime on bestys. Goalline would gave us winning 14-13. We hurt are selves alot of defense in the second half's on the games. Are defense will be mediocore. But the offense is allways supprising us CDHS fans. WGHS could have easily came in an ran all over use but did it happen no. The chuckey doak Defense stood up a faught back. Gave our offense another chance and we won the game 28-27. so i see CDHS going to the playoffs again this year. We have lost a few key players on defense but maybe for the better. Just like every young team the players need to step up and earn a spot. Go Black Knights.

Goodpasture will be back not many seniors (8) but quality ones-they still are going to be heavy on the line.

For CAK:

Offense: has the opportunity to be good, will have to develop O line and allow QB some time to settle in as starter, but very capable. Receivers are the strength at this time with 3 starters returning, all are proven and very good.

Defense: only 2 starters returning, some prospects that can help but not enough to field a strong overall defense at this time. This is the biggest concern for next year. Lots of work to be done here.

Schedule: most challenging of any CAK schedule in the past 10 years.

Overall assessment: will be hard to repeat the success of the past 2 years, but I wouldn't sell these players and coaches short. Spring practice will be critical.

Hey FootballDad, was curious, because I havent seen our schedule yet, was my team "retained" on the CAK schedule? And I gotta go with "my team" as the best in 4A in 2011! (believe to the end!)

Hey FootballDad, was curious, because I havent seen our schedule yet, was my team "retained" on the CAK schedule? And I gotta go with "my team" as the best in 4A in 2011! (believe to the end!)

No sir, we were not retained on the Chiefs schedule. That wasn't unexpected. As I listened to the radio broadcast of the game that night the Sequoyah announcers repeatedly said that "we won't have to see these guys(CAK)ever again". All of our non-district games dropped us except for Grace, but I think we have got the schedule of 2011 finalized now, but it was the toughest year ever to get that done. Check out the thread for 2011 schedules, I posted CAK's schedule there.

Sorry we won't be playing you guys but I enjoyed speaking with you on the "T" the past couple seasons. Good luck to you and your Chiefs. I'll drop in on your threads from time to time to see how you're doing, and remember..."keep it clean".

Edited by FootballDad

3A

Alcoa

CAK

Loudon

Polk County

Goodpasture

Everyone Else

This is the way I saw 3A this season. The best teams were the top 4 teams above. Polk County had a really good football team. We saw that up close and personal. CAK and Polk County were really close. Alcoa was probably 3 touchdowns better than these two teams. After these two teams. The MERCY rule would have applied on anyone else in 3A.