Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

good thing yall have Alcoa to provide some balance to that cupcake schedule. Gotta get south of Knoxville to find some offense.

SuperGayCupcake.jpg

lets see....of our 10 reg season opponents last year, only 2 failed to make the play-offs. Of the teams scheduled for 2011 (which has 2 6A teams and a 5A team in addition to Alcoa) only the same 2 failed to make the 2010 play-offs. Having seen the SM schedule for next year, I'd say our cupcakes are about even...except I think our conference is a bit stronger. I'd take our bottom 2 over your bottom 2 by 2 Td's. Greene County has 4 teams in the BRAC and they are all very competitive, with good athletes and coaching.Claiborne County has also been strong. SM has Bledsoe, Polk and Sequatchie that have consistant programs as well. Middle Tennessee seems to be the test for both of us... although there are a couple of 4A teams out west that could really make some noise.

Good hear others compliment Coach McCurry, cause we're sure gonna need a strong defense against tougher competition. I've been impressed with his knowledge of the game and how he interacts with the players on the practice field. They seem to really respect him and like his style.

With the talent of the players, Price leading the offense, and McCurry leading the defense; Eagle supporters gotta feel good about next season. football20player.gif

Would not be suprised if they win the 4a state. blackman will be your toughest game including greenville

• Upvote 1

We're off to a great start. No 4A trepidation from the kids on the field. They think they're going to win a state championship again!

Trepidation is not in our vocabulary.Domination and entitlement are.We WILL be the first school to win two championships in our first three years of existance.Just wait.You Greeneville people and the rest of the state will see.

A wounded animal is the most dangerous animal in the wild. The survival instinct takes over every fiber of their being. We must be prepared to face that wounded animal every week. Our survival depends on it, our teammates depend on us! Signal Mountain depends on it!

2010 2A State Champions

The Goat sez: O-o-o-o-o-o!Me!Me!Me!Me! Wasn't rcwr at the game? He must have loaned his rose colored glasses to my buddy smeagle1. What's wrong with "rushing the field", smeagsie?...it was noble when the 9 month(insert lower #) old mascot & c. did it. They (Soddy) just wanted to celebrate and hear the referee's decision...

The time to stop a fight is when your dog is on bottom...I guess the SM dog was on top in the second one.

Troll, you'll have to buy that meat...you sure can't kill it! LOL

Good luck this season...I hope y'all get enough losses to gain some humility and character.

We gained our humility and character last year when we lost by one point to Cascade in the 2nd round of the playoffs!

Edited by MtnManEagleFan58

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a few moving vans bringing new residents up to the mountain and rumor is they are bringing some new players too. I hear we might be getting a couple from Texas and Mississippi and at least one and possibly two from Georgia. I say it's great to live in a desirable town, with a quality public school, and a great football team :D