Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

1. you'd lose, your boys don't know/have what it takes to play every play from kick-off till the final whistle. :thumb:

2. you may have had an offensive and defensive position sewn onto your letter jacket, but you didn't play the kind of iron man ball i'm talking about. obviously, you don't even understand the concept i'm talking about. :ugeek:

3. you must be pretty dull to have just figured that out. the higher classifications have more players to choose from and can platoon smaller teams, einstein. also, there are exceptions to every rule, like the rules that say teams are only allowed to play kids from the areas they are zoned for. :D

1. Greeneville anwered this arguement in their semi-final battle last year.That's all we heard all season is how they would fold come play-offs.

2. Check out the roster from the final and you'll see just how many of Greeneville's starters play "iron man ball"...both of Greeneville's MVP's did...our QB and leading scorer for the season took home the defensive MVP trophy.

3.Open zoning is always the fall back argument used to hedge a losers bets...just ask those fine folks at Alcoa...funny, nobody complained about our zoning all those years when we were losing to Maryville in the play-offs, and certainly not the 5a and 6a teams we were playing that had superior depth

1. Keep believing that goofball

2. Started both ways since sophmore year at a 4A school not a 1A school.*

3. Not always true....I've seen many 4A school dress 30 to 40 players just like 1 and 2A schools. Greeneville use to be one of those schools and players played both ways for many year.

1. calling me names doesn't invalidate my argument. it just shows your frustration.

2. *forgot to mention you platooned in and out all 3 years.

3. I've looked through the greeneville archives, during years when greeneville couldn't platoon, at will, they were less than mediocre. 4A teams that only dress 30-40 fall into 1 of 2 catagories, 1. their jr. varsity/reserves don't dress for varsity games and consist of just as many kids(30-40) or 2. they get platooned to death by teams that bring more players.

1. calling me names doesn't invalidate my argument. it just shows your frustration.

3. I've looked through the greeneville archives, during years when greeneville couldn't platoon, at will, they were less than mediocre. 4A teams that only dress 30-40 fall into 1 of 2 catagories, 1. their jr. varsity/reserves don't dress for varsity games and consist of just as many kids(30-40) or 2. they get platooned to death by teams that bring more players.

youve already had your whipping.you trousdale people kill me!NEXT...!!!

1. Greeneville anwered this arguement in their semi-final battle last year.That's all we heard all season is how they would fold come play-offs.

2. Check out the roster from the final and you'll see just how many of Greeneville's starters play "iron man ball"...both of Greeneville's MVP's did...our QB and leading scorer for the season took home the defensive MVP trophy.

3.Open zoning is always the fall back argument used to hedge a losers bets...just ask those fine folks at Alcoa...funny, nobody complained about our zoning all those years when we were losing to Maryville in the play-offs, and certainly not the 5a and 6a teams we were playing that had superior depth

1. in all of greeneville's history they didn't answer the bell until 2 years ago. they've won two championships in the two weakest years of 4a classification, ever. and they won because they can platoon the best. :thumb:

2. starting on both sides of the ball isn't a big task. playing everydown, from kick off to final whistle, is something no one at greeneville did all year. besides, it isn't hard to lead the team with tackles from a db position when you spread the stats around amongst 30-40 kids that played on defense. :roflolk:

4. you are exactly right barb, those teams were better because they could platoon more. :rolleyes:

you greeneville fans kill me!how do you explain the fact that Greeneville never won a championship while you were there?was it lack of effort,or lack of talent?ill hang up and listen!hmmmkay?

I would say it was because we had 750 kids playing against teams like Maryville and Morristown West who had twice as much as us if you wont an honest opinion. Like i stated before if Greeneville had played in 3A when there were only 5 classifications they would have more state championships.

I would say it was because we had 750 kids playing against teams like Maryville and Morristown West who had twice as much as us if you wont an honest opinion. Like i stated before if Greeneville had played in 3A when there were only 5 classifications they would have more state championships.

so now if a team has more players that's a valid excuse? :roflolk: and if "ifs" were fifths, we'd all be... :wacko::roflolk:

1. It a matter of opinion so it doesn't invalidate my argument either

2. Didn't mention it because that not how it was when i played at GHS

3. Might want to do more research on Greeneville then because Greeneville never platooned up until 07'. Some of Greeneville's best teams only had 30-40 players on the roster and beat the likes of Morristown West, DB, and Schools that would make it to the quarter/semi finals year after year.

Edited by Swipes