Westmoreland Eagles 2011

mancoverage

Undefeated?   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will Motown go undefeated in 2011?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Stink up the field
    • Or will WhiteHouse and Greenbrier be the only wins?

Scooter, I think Westmoreland has just had an unfortunate draw in the new districting coupled with a coaching change for a year that wound up being a disaster. MoTown will be back on track this year, and be much improved within 2 years from now. We have less numbers in our school to pull from compared to the schools we are playing. We added some large schools to our schedule this season. One of which is Glencliff. I still think we can pull out wins against the likes of Sycamore, Macon, and Greenbrier in our district.Westmoreland had a lot of talented kids in that freshman class last year. One of which was the QB for a large part of the season. We suffered lots of injuries last season before the year even started as well as some players getting into some discipline problems. Coach Kelly is back now and I think this will make a big differenc. Look for players like Lane Troutt who has a year or 2 under his belt to start making some big plays this year. Jacob Sullivan will also be a big part of the Eagles success this season. I think we can go to the playoffs if we play up to our potential. I just wish we would have put Hartsville on our schedule in place of Smith Co. or maybe even Portland. I love the cross country rivalries like that. Some good football programs right close by.

it didnt matter who the coach was for westy, the scedule and talent of the last two years was against them. no coach could have done better...kelly couldnt win in it either. They are playing portland in a jamboree i hear and if he wanted to play the likes of Hartsville... all he has to do is make the call, i am sure they would play them. he dropped smith county for a reason... he cant beat them. Glencliff is a joke and an easy win so i wouldnt brag about them on the schedule. Macon will win the game and the fight this time around. Sycamore will be the only district win this year, greenbrier will be close but luck wont win it this season. talent will be better but thier defense will be terrible as always in the big games. maybe in a couple of years tho.

it didnt matter who the coach was for westy, the scedule and talent of the last two years was against them. no coach could have done better...kelly couldnt win in it either. They are playing portland in a jamboree i hear and if he wanted to play the likes of Hartsville... all he has to do is make the call, i am sure they would play them. he dropped smith county for a reason... he cant beat them. Glencliff is a joke and an easy win so i wouldnt brag about them on the schedule. Macon will win the game and the fight this time around. Sycamore will be the only district win this year, greenbrier will be close but luck wont win it this season. talent will be better but thier defense will be terrible as always in the big games. maybe in a couple of years tho.

He couldve dropped Smith Co. because the already brutal schedule we play. We have been playing Scottsville for years add Goodpasture, Smith Co., White House and East Lit to that mix and you have a tough schedule. We were kind of worn out when we played Macon last season. That explains the let down. In my list of players to watch out for I left out Champion, he missed most of the year last season.

Edited by Mr. Postman1

Guest Termite

He couldve dropped Smith Co. because the already brutal schedule we play. We have been playing Scottsville for years add Goodpasture, Smith Co., White House and East Lit to that mix and you have a tough schedule. We were kind of worn out when we played Macon last season. That explains the let down. In my list of players to watch out for I left out Champion, he missed most of the year last season.

Well well well..........I sure am glad to see ole Stampus Lickus back. Where you been?

Already trying to drop Smith County!!! LOL

I dont like this either but I guess we have our reasons. Id rather play ya'll as Glencliff thats for sure.

postman1, you are as slow as the mail, :roflol: why would anyone rather lose to smith county over winning at Glencliff? are you finally going postal?

I dont like this either but I guess we have our reasons. Id rather play ya'll as Glencliff thats for sure.

postman1, you are as slow as the mail, :roflol: why would anyone rather lose to smith county over winning at Glencliff? are you finally going postal?

Westmoreland had the liftathon today. They raised alot of money for a town like Westmoreland in the midst of a depression and $3.50 a gallon gas and climbing. I think they said a little over $13000 so far. Wont be long till spring practice. I think they said May 2. Heard we were scrimmaging Celina and Hartsville. Jordan Champion looks like he's ready to hit a jellow jacket or 2 after throwing up that 315lbs on power clean today. I think he broke Micheal Baker's record not sure though.