Westmoreland Eagles 2011

mancoverage

Undefeated?   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will Motown go undefeated in 2011?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Stink up the field
    • Or will WhiteHouse and Greenbrier be the only wins?

The only thing I left at your house Mr. Goat was an empty box of fudgerounds and a 2008 Murphy Fair book with the South Pittsburg Pirates Championship Team team page highlighted. And I aint got use for either one of those things. YOu think I'm joking cause I'm not.

The Goat sez: Git yoself back to Hemlock...I'm tired of your fudgeround anyway! :hungry:

Well, it's not 500 but it's more than 315.

315 just seems like a low record for Westy.

croz ,i was 185 lbs in highschool could clean 315 lb and i played with at least a a dozen guy's at one time or another that could clean much more than that. i imagine there are/were more than a few tigers that could do the same. :roflolk:

posty i aint taking away from the kid's accomplishment, but the only reason he'll lay any big licks on any yellow jackets will be because it's a jamboree, which is basicly a trousdale jv game. :roflolk:

croz ,i was 185 lbs in highschool could clean 315 lb and i played with at least a a dozen guy's at one time or another that could clean much more than that. i imagine there are/were more than a few tigers that could do the same. :roflolk:

posty i aint taking away from the kid's accomplishment, but the only reason he'll lay any big licks on any yellow jackets will be because it's a jamboree, which is basicly a trousdale jv game. :roflolk:

I didnt know they lifted weights that long ago snowball. Wait a minute, maybe your idea of power cleaning was cleaning the locker room floor to get a work out. I didnt mean packing 315 lbs. of washing powder in 5 gallon buckets 1 at a time to clean the floor. I mean they threw 315lbs up to their chest and stood there till the coach said good lift. Sorry I confused you. I know you old folks get confused about things. I guess the good thing about this is at least your not referring to a goat on about every post.

I didnt know they lifted weights that long ago snowball. Wait a minute, maybe your idea of power cleaning was cleaning the locker room floor to get a work out. I didnt mean packing 315 lbs. of washing powder in 5 gallon buckets 1 at a time to clean the floor. I mean they threw 315lbs up to their chest and stood there till the coach said good lift. Sorry I confused you. I know you old folks get confused about things. I guess the good thing about this is at least your not referring to a goat on about every post.

there is obviously A LOT you don't know about lifting weights. icon_lol.gif

naw old man, i played from the 96' season thru 99'. your selective memory has probably blocked out that long stretch of motown losses to trousdale. while i'm sorry that it's taken so long for quality lifting to finally make it up there, i am quite happy that you're finally getting to experience it. gone are the days of a man exhibiting his strength by toting multiply sears catalogs "Christmas Edition" in his mail satchel! you must feel that time has passed you by! roflolk.gif

and by the way, since you're bumping them gums, why does motown keep turning down creasy for a regular season game? my guess is because he'd be playing the starters instead of the Jamboree sandwich eaters. hungry.gif

Edited by snoball5278

Mancoverage sez: PostPunk, the Goat really gets a kick out of berating the dumbest people we encounter...and he's really got a thing for you. I'll try to keep him in check...you try not to be so dumb. KTHANKSBYE :unsure:

You must of had some great technique to do that. I was 220 last year and the best I could get on cleans was 255

You must of had some great technique to do that. I was 220 last year and the best I could get on cleans was 255

the main emphasis in our weight program was power clean. we did lots of lifts that just related to technique, clean from the hang with higher weight percentages, olympic clean (cleaning a lower percentage and squating as low as possible during the lift). coach used to say if we were only allowed to do one lift it would definitely be power cleans, simply because it worked out most of your body with one lift. and especially because of how explosive it could make your hips. i've been told that a lot of successful programs have began to make core strength their main concern recently instead of through-the-roof maxes on bench and squat, which used to be the bar as to which strength was measured.

the main emphasis in our weight program was power clean. we did lots of lifts that just related to technique, clean from the hang with higher weight percentages, olympic clean (cleaning a lower percentage and squating as low as possible during the lift). coach used to say if we were only allowed to do one lift it would definitely be power cleans, simply because it worked out most of your body with one lift. and especially because of how explosive it could make your hips. i've been told that a lot of successful programs have began to make core strength their main concern recently instead of through-the-roof maxes on bench and squat, which used to be the bar as to which strength was measured.

You is always right, Snoball. weight2.gifbuff.gif

Konishiki2.gif

Some teams do both.:twisted: