CPA?

Letsplayball

Football Scoop says Steve Haywood.

From Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle:

Steve Haywood, who has been part of Austin Peay's football program as a player and later as a coach for nearly 17 years, resigned as offensive line coach to accept a high school coaching position in Nashville.

Citing "family considerations," Haywood is leaving his alma mater to accept an assistant coach position at Christ Presbyterian Academy.

"Steve is a phenomenal football coach, but more than that he is just a good human being," APSU coach Rick Christophel said. "He cares a lot about his players and was a great ambassador for this University, first as a player, then as a graduate assistant and then as an assistant coach here for long period of time.

"You can't measure the value of that kind of person to this program."

From Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle:

Steve Haywood, who has been part of Austin Peay's football program as a player and later as a coach for nearly 17 years, resigned as offensive line coach to accept a high school coaching position in Nashville.

Citing "family considerations," Haywood is leaving his alma mater to accept an assistant coach position at Christ Presbyterian Academy.

"Steve is a phenomenal football coach, but more than that he is just a good human being," APSU coach Rick Christophel said. "He cares a lot about his players and was a great ambassador for this University, first as a player, then as a graduate assistant and then as an assistant coach here for long period of time.

"You can't measure the value of that kind of person to this program."

:thumb: Sounds like the beginning of a great staff. :thumb:

I am a big fan of Coach Mathews, both as a coach and person; however, I am also a fan of CPA. When things like this happen, those on the outside (myself included) have a tendency to first assume the change is a negative thing. But change many times is needed and good for all concerned. I know Coach Mathews trusts God's control of his life and will make his new job a blessing for his family and his new school.

I am a big fan of Coach Mathews, both as a coach and person; however, I am also a fan of CPA. When things like this happen, those on the outside (myself included) have a tendency to first assume the change is a negative thing. But change many times is needed and good for all concerned. I know Coach Mathews trusts God's control of his life and will make his new job a blessing for his family and his new school.

Respectfully, I disagree. Wrapping up the package with a pretty bow on it (change can be good for all) shouldn’t be enough to reconcile the two. Change is not the issue, how the change was done is the issue. Follow stated philosophy and practice the golden rule during the process and make any change you want. Until that happens that is what really needs changing. Without it you fall into the trap somehow thinking it was OK for the brothers to throw Joseph into the pit. Sure God was in control, but doesn’t negate the responsibility of the brothers to do what is right. Just glad God had the final say and not the brothers. And yes there is no doubt Jay will be a blessing, because that is the type of man he is. Best wishes to he and his family during their transition.

• 1 month later...

So this thread has been quiet for so long. What's the word? Who has Coach Martin hired for his staff? I haven't seen any press releases regarding anything. Anyway, just curious. Does anybody think that MBA will call Ingle about any kind of position? So what's up - was Ingle (Coach Martin) able to complete his staff? And, furthermore, will he leave if MBA comes a calling?

So this thread has been quiet for so long. What's the word? Who has Coach Martin hired for his staff? I haven't seen any press releases regarding anything. Anyway, just curious. Does anybody think that MBA will call Ingle about any kind of position? So what's up - was Ingle (Coach Martin) able to complete his staff? And, furthermore, will he leave if MBA comes a calling?

http://blogs.tennessean.com/high-school-sports/2011/04/18/cpa-adds-4-to-its-athletic-staff/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The folks down at CPA are really going to like Vic Jr. He's a big-time playmaker and was probably Knoxville Catholic's best returning player on a very talented squad. I've seen him play since youth football and always knew he'd be exceptional. I've never seen him play basketball but I've heard he's very good. Overall, he's just a great athlete.

Vic Sr. should do well at CPA too. The kids have always liked him and he knows what he's doing with track athletes, especially sprinters. Vic also has a lot of connections from his past in Nashville and will no doubt attract some kids to CPA in the future.

Good luck to both of them.

Edited by PowerSweep

Vic Wharton Sr is the Basketball coach at Lighthouse Christain School, Vic Wharton Jr is the new track coach, and Vic Wharton III(aka TRE)is the kid.

If Maddox doesnt win a state championship in the next 2 years they should probably look elsewhere for a coach,

With Jaylen,Jake,Brax,Richard,and Vic wow what a freshman class, then throw in Bradshaw this year, they are loaded...

Football on the other hand may take a year or two but will get rolling.