Dyer County Win Arby's/KFC Classic

ScoutTeam

This is an easy tournament to get more wins. That's the only explanation I have for DC playing in this tournament. If Southwind was coming back into town, I could understand. However, Dyer Co. will be head and shoulders better than anybody in this tournament. Maybe they can meet up with Westview in the championship and have a somewhat competitive game. Although I don't think it's the type of tournament DC should play in, it's always fun to watch them dunk on the teams out there trying their hardest.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an easy tournament to get more wins. That's the only explanation I have for DC playing in this tournament. If Southwind was coming back into town, I could understand. However, Dyer Co. will be head and shoulders better than anybody in this tournament. Maybe they can meet up with Westview in the championship and have a somewhat competitive game. Although I don't think it's the type of tournament DC should play in, it's always fun to watch them dunk on the teams out there trying their hardest.

With Jacob Lloyd scoring 52 the other night it would be interesting to see him play against a team like DC.

It will stil be bad. Fulton City will proabably beat Gleason then DC should beat F. City by 20+ if not 30. They usually have good athletes but no skill or coaching.

Why is DC even playing in this? The Martin Lion's club tourney is OK to watch but it won't be a challenge for DC. They should really be playing in some bigger tournaments with better competion so they can get ready for the AAA post season.

That's what I was thinking...It's a waste of time...It would be real sad if they lost somebody to an injury playing Gleason or Fulton City...

And...I believe you are thinking of Fulton County...They have a couple of nice athletes but DC could possibly beat them 50 or more...They could seriously beat Gleason or Fulton City by 80 points if they play ball...

That's what I was thinking...It's a waste of time...It would be real sad if they lost somebody to an injury playing Gleason or Fulton City...

And...I believe you are thinking of Fulton County...They have a couple of nice athletes but DC could possibly beat them 50 or more...They could seriously beat Gleason or Fulton City by 80 points if they play ball...

No I was thinking about Fulton City. But yes Fulton County usually has better athletes than Fulton City and are just as poorly coached. I did my student teaching at Fulton City and they have athletes walking the halls but not many kids were interested in basketball. I watched them practice one day and thought to myself, they could be much better than they are with better skills and coaching. The coach they had, I believe, is an assistant at Humboldt now.

Edited by warmachine7954

Dyer Co would win but Fulton Co would have two of the betetr athletes on the floor in Leonard Smith and Derek Swift.Not enough around them and Dyer Co should be able to swarm and make it tougher on them but as far as athletes,doubt anybody on the floor will be any better than those two players.

No I was thinking about Fulton City. But yes Fulton County usually has better athletes than Fulton City and are just as poorly coached. I did my student teaching at Fulton City and they have athletes walking the halls but not many kids were interested in basketball. I watched them practice one day and thought to myself, they could be much better than they are with better skills and coaching. The coach they had, I believe, is an assistant at Humboldt now.

Charles Dotson is the Assistant at Humboldt. He played at Humboldt, Jr College at Navarro in Texas, and at Texas State for a couple years. Then played pro ball in Mexico.

Charles Dotson is the Assistant at Humboldt. He played at Humboldt, Jr College at Navarro in Texas, and at Texas State for a couple years. Then played pro ball in Mexico.

The guy I'm thinking about came to Humboldt last year or maybe the year before. He was the head coach at Fulton City. I can't remember his name. He did at least one year as an assistant at Humboldt.

Dyer Co would win but Fulton Co would have two of the betetr athletes on the floor in Leonard Smith and Derek Swift.Not enough around them and Dyer Co should be able to swarm and make it tougher on them but as far as athletes,doubt anybody on the floor will be any better than those two players.

Now Bigster, you know better than that. To bad they play 5 on 5 instead of 2 on 2 uh?

Now Bigster, you know better than that. To bad they play 5 on 5 instead of 2 on 2 uh?

It's going to be hard for anyone in this area to beat Dyer Co with the starters they have ,plus the talent that comes off the bench.Just saying that those two players are as good as Hubbs,Hudson ,etc ..Smith and Swift will be as good as anyone on the floor.

DC beats Fulton City 97-38. Dunk Feast. At least 8 dunks in first half. Williamson had 4 or 5, Hubbs 2, Yarbrough 2, Gross 1. No one on Fultons team would be in DC's top 10 players. Next game vs Henry County should be a much better game at 2:30 Wednesday Would like to see Westview and DC matchup in the Champonship.

DC actually could have played better missed several layups and about 3 more dunks.

It was nice and all to win the Arby's/KFC Classic but don't be mistaken thinking this was some big event.

Dyer County has blown a golden opportunity this season to gain some National recognition with a top 100 ranking.

It's simple.....don't schedule the Arby's/KFC and Martin Lions Club events and instead play in the REAL Arby's Tournament along with something like the Poplar Bluff Showcase in addition to a game in the Marshall County Hoopfest against a high quality opponent. Or play in the MLK event instead of Poplar Bulff even or play in both. Dyer County has the talent, resources and fan base to support this and would certainly be capable of comming out of a schedule like this better than some might think.....not saying they would run the table or anything like that but they would be more than capable of winning Arby's, Poplar Bluff, game at the Hoopfest, and a win or two at the MLK or Ridgeway event (but the Eiffel Tower event is a decent substitute) plus they play White Station at the Fed EX forum. This would be a type of schedule DC wold be able to compete at the highest level against really high end quality teams. But instead they choose Arby's/KFC and Martin Lions Club.

Like I said DC has blow a golden opportunity to be a nationally ranked top 100 team or at worst a nice ranking for the South East region. This was the season to start beefing up the schedule and even crank it up another notch next season when Hudson and Yarbrough are SR's and Hubbs a JR. Well, it's alway's next season. I have been reluctant to post this but I'm disappointed in the DC schedule because this team is better than that. For those that may not believe I have talked to some Basketball people in Memphis that think this DC team is as good as any team in the City except for Melrose. All this means is that DC has the pieces and style in place to do some damage...will they? who knows? But nobody in Memphis wan't to go to DC for a substate game and that is a fact.....of course DC would have to get a home game first which they will be favored to do.

All I'm saying is this team is really good and one of the best teams in the state but to be honest the schedule stinks and they could have done better. No one can accuse me of not being a DC supporter either but I just call it like I see it.