football recruiting

I would not consider sending our children to Alcoa to be "buying" their way to success. I would consider sending them to Alcoa to be doing what is best for them, which is my job as a parent. It is not my job to make Blount County schools better, it is the job of Blount County schools to solve the issues that drive parents to move their children to better schools. Why would I choose to send my children to a school which is overcrowded and performs at a lower academic level? Why if they have a passion for football would I choose to send them to a school where they have little chance for success? Why would I not choose a small school with outstanding academics and a disciplined, well coached football program? There is no "buying" success at Alcoa, the academics are challenging, the football is demanding and there is no easy ride to success. But the best thing about being at Alcoa is the feeling of family, that is truly priceless.

Sounds a lot like a private school; I admire parents who do what they can to further their child's best interests. I still do not understand though why Alcoa can do this without a multiplier or, since the parents pay much less than fair market value for the education of OOZ students, without being in Division II. I do not at all blame Alcoa (and other open zoned schools) for taking advantage of the situation, I just cannot understand why TSSAA is willing to stack the deck like this. As with some of the privates, success breeds success and it will be virtually impossible for non open-zoned schools to catch up as long as this situation continues. Enjoy it while you can.

I would not consider sending our children to Alcoa to be "buying" their way to success. I would consider sending them to Alcoa to be doing what is best for them, which is my job as a parent. It is not my job to make Blount County schools better, it is the job of Blount County schools to solve the issues that drive parents to move their children to better schools. Why would I choose to send my children to a school which is overcrowded and performs at a lower academic level? Why if they have a passion for football would I choose to send them to a school where they have little chance for success? Why would I not choose a small school with outstanding academics and a disciplined, well coached football program? There is no "buying" success at Alcoa, the academics are challenging, the football is demanding and there is no easy ride to success. But the best thing about being at Alcoa is the feeling of family, that is truly priceless.

AMEN SISTER, Just like I have said before if Blount County could or would fix their problems they would not have issues with kids and parents wanting to go elsewhere but with wise guys like mountain boy running their yaya I can see that they are still in denile about their issues!

thank u theres kids tht live in west knoxville going to alcoa. and yes alcoa does recruit they tried recruiting my cousin from georgia last year

Lets see you live in Greenville and your saying that you know there are kids in Knoxville that go to Alcoa. You must know something that someone who is around the program all the time does not know. You my friend are a BOLD-FACED LIAR AND YES IM CALLING YOU OUT! Give me a name one name of a kid who lives in west k-town and i will jog around the duck pond naked.Not to fear Alcoa folks this joker cant and wont give a name of any kids because there aint one!!!

Lets see you live in Greenville and your saying that you know there are kids in Knoxville that go to Alcoa. You must know something that someone who is around the program all the time does not know. You my friend are a BOLD-FACED LIAR AND YES IM CALLING YOU OUT! Give me a name one name of a kid who lives in west k-town and i will jog around the duck pond naked.Not to fear Alcoa folks this joker cant and wont give a name of any kids because there aint one!!!

Ask greeneville man about their Mr. Football winner from Newport, and how he ended up in greeneville.

Oh by the way don't lie to yourself and say Alcoa doesn't have kids from K-town in that school. Maybe not west knoxville but alcoa is a big reason why teams in east Knoxville are terrible. Short drive from there.

Edited by old24eagle

Ask greeneville man about their Mr. Football winner from Newport, and how he ended up in greeneville.

Oh by the way don't lie to yourself and say Alcoa doesn't have kids from K-town in that school. Maybe not west knoxville but alcoa is a big reason why teams in east Knoxville are terrible. Short drive from there.

Is that so? Could it be? Greenville has OOZs? Oh im there every day dont think there are any and Knoxvegas issue is not Alcoa. That is unless they are playing us.

Edited by alcoadaddy

Great post, having sent my kids to both Div I and Div II schools I agree with you. But if you read this with the blanks which division comes to mind first? You made a good choice for your family and good luck.

I would not consider sending our children to _______ to be "buying" their way to success. I would consider sending them to _______ to be doing what is best for them, which is my job as a parent. It is not my job to make ______________ schools better, it is the job of _________ schools to solve the issues that drive parents to move their children to better schools. Why would I choose to send my children to a school which is overcrowded and performs at a lower academic level? Why if they have a passion for football would I choose to send them to a school where they have little chance for success? Why would I not choose a small school with outstanding academics and a disciplined, well coached football program? There is no "buying" success at __________, the academics are challenging, the football is demanding and there is no easy ride to success. But the best thing about being at ________ is the feeling of family, that is truly priceless.

Here is original post:

coach rankin called 3 times over the summer said he would get my uncle and aunt a job in alcoa. if my cousin would come and play at alcoa..

You are an absolute liar. Yep, you jack wagon. Provide solid proof..other than your lying cousin...phone records, tapes, video, etc. Bring it on. I know better. You are the same type of of country redneck that mountaineer is. Garbage. If you can not produce this evidence, shut up. You are a total disgrace to the Greenville Family.

You guys have an answer for everything! LOL I like how you teach your kids that you can buy your way to success. "I know you are zoned for this school son but I am gonna pay your way to go to another school because we have no spine. Let's go to the next best thing and NOT work to build the program you are SUPPOSED to go to." For you BCSPORTSFAN if players would play at the school they are zoned for you'd be mediocre also. If you get your head out of Rankins rear end long enough to take a breath you'd see the recruiting we see!

Speaking of answers, where is the proof of recruiting I challenged you to provide about 3 weeks ago? You already know the answer. There is no recruiting and you will never be able to back up your lies.

Glad to see that Nebo Mountain Reform School education is still working for you. I am sure that well below average education will get you that coveted laborer or cashier job real soon!

SCOTS50 you should change your name to Billy Bad Butt! Speaking of Nebo Mtn why don't you come on up and talk your trash there! All I am saying if you want to send your kids to city schools move to the city. Don't litter our county with people who want instant success and doesn't want to be part of turning a program around with HARD WORK! You gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything!

SCOTS50 you should change your name to Billy Bad Butt! Speaking of Nebo Mtn why don't you come on up and talk your trash there! All I am saying if you want to send your kids to city schools move to the city. Don't litter our county with people who want instant success and doesn't want to be part of turning a program around with HARD WORK! You gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything!

Hard work you dont know what that is it doesnt include knowing how to use a bottle opener! Scotts50 knows more about hard work and dedication than you will ever know.

Hard work you dont know what that is it doesnt include knowing how to use a bottle opener! Scotts50 knows more about hard work and dedication than you will ever know.

You guys show tremendous class when you continually attack the person rather than discussing the issue(s) - and from behind an anonymous keyboard at that!!! :roflol: Whether you realize it or not, this provides a negative reputation to the program that you purport to support. Glad your players and staff know how to conduct themselves in a humble and respectful manner - here's hoping that some of that will eventually rub off on the fan base.

Edited by RedRobin