football recruiting

Why would I want to give out names to you or anybody else from Alcoa. Yeah let me send those right to you. When Blount County schools are out for snow and Alcoa City is not do the football players from the county that play for Alcoa still have to come to school at Alcoa? Just wondering!!!!! If they don't I bet the attendance for work outs is about 20.

Why would I want to give out names to you or anybody else from Alcoa. Yeah let me send those right to you. When Blount County schools are out for snow and Alcoa City is not do the football players from the county that play for Alcoa still have to come to school at Alcoa? Just wondering!!!!! If they don't I bet the attendance for work outs is about 20.

They sure do. and i can promise you this there are as many kids at workouts in the summer at Alcoa as there are after a school day at heritage. But back to the point you can get on any chat board and make any unfounded claims that you wish that still does not make them true. Again without proof you are making yourself look stupid and i know you probably dont need any help with that. I myself am the parent of one of those ooz kids and I will assure you we were not recruited or begged by any coach to come to Alcoa. We approached the school not only because of football but because of the learning environment and test scores that Alcoa has. Look into it, check the states website and you will see exactly why so many kids ands parents decide to go to Alcoa. I have talked to several other parents who also have tuition kids and they all have the same story. My childs education comes first no grades no play its that simple. There are no special rules that allow a kid from the county a snow day when the county is out they just have to get there case closed.

Football players that don't come to school when it snows and school is in session? Ouch !! This shows you don't know very much about Coach Rankin. I would hate to be that player(s) who did not show up for school, much less football practice. First of all, the players at Alcoa KNOW they had not pull such a stunt. Any player that would do this is just looking for an excuse to get kicked off the team.

They sure do. and i can promise you this there are as many kids at workouts in the summer at Alcoa as there are after a school day at heritage. But back to the point you can get on any chat board and make any unfounded claims that you wish that still does not make them true. Again without proof you are making yourself look stupid and i know you probably dont need any help with that. I myself am the parent of one of those ooz kids and I will assure you we were not recruited or begged by any coach to come to Alcoa. We approached the school not only because of football but because of the learning environment and test scores that Alcoa has. Look into it, check the states website and you will see exactly why so many kids ands parents decide to go to Alcoa. I have talked to several other parents who also have tuition kids and they all have the same story. My childs education comes first no grades no play its that simple. There are no special rules that allow a kid from the county a snow day when the county is out they just have to get there case closed.

Hum, kind of reminds me of a story where a coach took a player in to live with him, not because of his athletic ability, but, because he was worried about his academics. The kid gets an offer to play for UT but doesn't have the grades so he goes the Juco route. As far as I know he never did get to enroll at UT or get out of the Jr. College. I guess that coach fell a little short. He never got the grades, but, he was a heck of a ball player. Kind of makes you wonder!!!!!

Hum, kind of reminds me of a story where a coach took a player in to live with him, not because of his athletic ability, but, because he was worried about his academics. The kid gets an offer to play for UT but doesn't have the grades so he goes the Juco route. As far as I know he never did get to enroll at UT or get out of the Jr. College. I guess that coach fell a little short. He never got the grades, but, he was a heck of a ball player. Kind of makes you wonder!!!!!

Wonder about what? That Alcoa is and always has been a top rated school. That Alcoas school recruits itself because of the education that it provides. Im not sure exactly what you are talking about but there are some kids who dont get it no matter where they may go to school but there are some people who post on message boards who dont get it either derher BOBBY BOUCHE!

Ha............Alcoa keeps winning championships legally!.........and the losers ESPECIALLY THE BIGGEST LOSERS...........Heritage Mountaineers, will keep whining and making up stuff!

The last couple of post are so full of the BIGGEST B.S.........I put money on all if you can prove! :thumb:

The Mountaineers are the worst football team in 6A! :roflolk:

[/quoteat

That coach is still a mentor for that one time player. He took him in on the request of his mother. The coach really helped him to be a winner in life and football. He might not have made it to UT, but I know the player has become a great hard working individual that I call a friend. Plus, I have the utmost respect for that coach. It is not always about the game, but developing kids for the future. So, if you think there was ANYTHING "fishy" about that, you really do have a LOSER mentality and just looking for anything to twist against the success of Alcoa and the Alcoa Community.

You guys have an answer for everything! LOL I like how you teach your kids that you can buy your way to success. "I know you are zoned for this school son but I am gonna pay your way to go to another school because we have no spine. Let's go to the next best thing and NOT work to build the program you are SUPPOSED to go to." For you BCSPORTSFAN if players would play at the school they are zoned for you'd be mediocre also. If you get your head out of Rankins rear end long enough to take a breath you'd see the recruiting we see!

You guys have an answer for everything! LOL I like how you teach your kids that you can buy your way to success. "I know you are zoned for this school son but I am gonna pay your way to go to another school because we have no spine. Let's go to the next best thing and NOT work to build the program you are SUPPOSED to go to." For you BCSPORTSFAN if players would play at the school they are zoned for you'd be mediocre also. If you get your head out of Rankins rear end long enough to take a breath you'd see the recruiting we see!

I would not consider sending our children to Alcoa to be "buying" their way to success. I would consider sending them to Alcoa to be doing what is best for them, which is my job as a parent. It is not my job to make Blount County schools better, it is the job of Blount County schools to solve the issues that drive parents to move their children to better schools. Why would I choose to send my children to a school which is overcrowded and performs at a lower academic level? Why if they have a passion for football would I choose to send them to a school where they have little chance for success? Why would I not choose a small school with outstanding academics and a disciplined, well coached football program? There is no "buying" success at Alcoa, the academics are challenging, the football is demanding and there is no easy ride to success. But the best thing about being at Alcoa is the feeling of family, that is truly priceless.