Views on the Tresevant Ordeal

compusatman

Blame Both Coaches???? OMG, had this been done against Maryville, you would be calling for heads to roll!!! What a hypocritical post!!! <_<

OMG???? groan!Next you'll be LOL-ing like Cornerback10 and I might hurl. I think we should ban these before somebody drops the BFF-bomb.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, lets just say a few more words about this topic and then Hogan is done with it.

First, if all this same behavior was going on during the regular season and in the playoffs....why didn't the TSSAA warn Trezevant this behavior would not be acceptable on the big stage and in the big game that would be shown all across the State of Tennessee for all to see on TV. :popcorneater:

Second, why wasn't the TSSAA Game officals warned this behavior was on the way from Trezevant and should not be tollerated. :popcorneater:

Third, if Hogan was the Greenville Coach...he would have burned the scoreboard up also. :popcorneater:

Edited by Hoganknows

Well, lets just say a few more word about this topic and then Hogan is done with it.

First, if all this same behavior was going on during the regular season and in the playoffs....why didn't the TSSAA warn Trezevant this behavior would not be acceptable on the big stage and in the big game that would be shown all across the State of Tennessee for all to see on TV. :popcorneater:

Second, why wasn't the TSSAA Game officals warned this behavior was on the way from Trezevant and should not be tollerated. :popcorneater:

Third, if Hogan was the Greenville Coach...he would have burned the scoreboard up also. :popcorneater:

Why should the Trezevant players be treated any differently than any other team? The pre-game routine is the same every game between officials, coaches and players regardless of the size of the stage. The same rules apply equally in Memphis and Greeneville. If this was typical behavior from this team, how did Memphis area officials not correct it in the 10 games played prior to the play-offs? If this is the case then TSSAA needs to do some housecleaning out west...or at least some retraining. I think Coach Ballard made the right call keeping his more mature players in the game. Younger,less experienced players might not have maintained their composure under the circumstances. As a parent, I was as proud of those young men for the level of maturity they displayed as if they were my own. They represented their sport, school and hometown well.

Edited by barb

Why should the Trezevant players be treated any differently than any other team? The pre-game routine is the same every game between officials, coaches and players regardless of the size of the stage. The same rules apply equally in Memphis and Greeneville. If this was typical behavior from this team, how did Memphis area officials not correct it in the 10 games played prior to the play-offs? If this is the case then TSSAA needs to do some housecleaning out west...or at least some retraining. I think Coach Ballard made the right call keeping his more mature players in the game. Younger,less experienced players might not have maintained their composure under the circumstances. As a parent, I was as proud of those young men for the level of maturity they displayed as if they were my own. They represented their sport, school and hometown well.

Hogan agrees totally...The TSSAA has some unanswered questions with this matter.

Greenville should be proud :thumb:

Blame Both Coaches???? OMG, had this been done against Maryville, you would be calling for heads to roll!!! What a hypocritical post!!! <_<

What was wrong with that post? I think Tresevants coach should have sat his kids down that were playing dirty. I also think playing your starters the whole game when they are killing the other team is wrong.

What was wrong with that post? I think Tresevants coach should have sat his kids down that were playing dirty. I also think playing your starters the whole game when they are killing the other team is wrong.

Nope Rebelron..Hogan has to disagree, Trezevant got just what they deserved. Running up the score while the other team is trying to injure your players seems to be a nice payback. Every action has a reaction :popcorneater:

I have to disagree...sorta. Normally I would agree that leaving the starters in was unnecessary, but the dirty play started in the first quarter, before the lopsided score. The starters were extremely disciplined and mature in the way they reacted. The younger reserves might have handled it differently. I don't think a big, bench-clearing brawl would have benefitted either team. I don't think Ballard left his starters in to intentionally run up the score. I believe he did it because he knew they would not be drawn into the garbage.

Noone will ever convince me that starting a fight with Greeneville starters wasn't part of the plan. White knew they were out-manned and one way to even the playing field was thinning the ranks.

Rebelron, you are well respected on these boards. And are always in respect of Maryvilles competition. Conscious not to act to very boastful. A difficult thing to do when you have such a tradition of winning. But did you see the game in question? I fear that you did not. I will wait for your reply before I make assumptions.