Baylor's Manley Approaching Mat Milestone

bbb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on T.J. Duncan's career wins .. but he is probably close to 170 or so ... as an eighth grader, he did not wrestle a varsity match until right before Christmas (McCallie Invite) and placed third ...

Thanks for the good note on the Marables: 8 state titles in one family, impressive ... Simpsons are probably the only family to top that with 11 .. four sons of Frank Simpson (MBA) - Philip (4), Patrick (3), William (2), John Michael (2) ...

The Doster family (Baylor) has 7: David (1), Stokes (1), Reed (2), Stuart (3) and going for a fourth in Feb.

That is the privledge of the Catholics and Privates, they can afford to have more children.....lol

Edited by PUMMELKING

That is the privledge of the Catholics and Privates, they can afford to have more children.....lol

being Catholic and having money do not go hand in hand. Being Catholic and having more children might, and that is because of the age long tradition referred to as the rhythm method :thumb:

You are welcome BigRedBlooded, I mean Oldster, I mean Raider76.

I'm not Oldster ( at least not on here) but how did you figure out that I was Big red Blooded? Was it the perfect knowledge of the English language? perhaps it was the almost poetic literary style. Anyway about it you are a very smart well educated man or woman.

I believe Daniel Smith of knox Webb was the 1st 5x state placer in Tennessee 4,6,5,4,2 (1998-2002) Lee connel was next the following year, although Lee was a 2x state champ to go along with it. It makes it a lot easier to do it after the split in 97 but a feat to be proud of none the less.

Prob cause it's individual sport when it comes down to it and baker is going to give Manley all he can handle and he wants to get a state championship his senior yr so if he has to wrestle off for 130 then he'll do it

The beauty of this sport is if you can beat all challengers for the weight class the spot is yours. This is especially true for an individual tournament. It seems to me that if he can beat Reese, it would be his choice and Reese in turn could challenge the others at 135. There are often many weight class changes for the State individual tournament. The wrestle off process is more fair than any other sport and the precise reason lots of kids choose wrestling over more subjective (coach discretion types of sports) like football, etc.

Word on the steet is that Manley is going down to 130 lbs. after losing to Baker from Christian Brothers. Is this true? If this is true, how can a wrestler who is about to set a state record for most wins leave a weight class due to a underclassman? What does this do to Reece Bennet?

Irishdad, what if the plan all along was for Alex to rassle at 130???

Great thing about rassling is that in MOST SCHOOLS, there are thangs called rassle offs and the boy who has his armed raised at the end of the match is considered the starter.

Find me at the duals when the soon to be Mr Manley and Kaleb wrestle , we'll get Bucklateral to hold the cash.

bcb iii :flower: