Tough day:

Collins Hill 32 - Pen Argyl, PA - 31

Collins Hill 28 - High Point, NJ - 41

Collins Hill 15 - Easton, PA - 42

Collins Hill 43 - Walsh Jesuit, OH - 29

For 5th Place:

Collins Hill 35 - Jackson Memorial, NJ - 33

RC

Were all these teams ranked ahead of CH in the poll you follow?

RC

Were all these teams ranked ahead of CH in the poll you follow?

I'm pretty sure in our pool only Easton (10) and High Point (30) were ranked. The other side had Blair Academy (3) and Jackson Memorial (36). From some of the dads that were there the report was Easton is #1 in PA and High Point #1 in NJ.

Last year we finished 2nd in this. I think CH is starting to feel the results of Coach Ramos being gone. He was a great big match coach.

Here's latest rankings:

http://awn.awnonline.com/?q=node/220

I'm pretty sure in our pool only Easton (10) and High Point (30) were ranked. The other side had Blair Academy (3) and Jackson Memorial (36). From some of the dads that were there the report was Easton is #1 in PA and High Point #1 in NJ.

Last year we finished 2nd in this. I think CH is starting to feel the results of Coach Ramos being gone. He was a great big match coach.

Here's latest rankings:

http://awn.awnonline.com/?q=node/220

Ramos was a very good coach and was a great fit for Collins Hill. It's very difficult for someone to takeover a successful program and maintain that same level or even take the program to a higher level.

Seems to me that some of you are possibly being a little tough on Coach Ramos' replacement, Coach Stephens. I would call a 5th place finish at the Final Four and picking up the wins over some of the teams Collins Hill saw a pretty good performance. Given what Collins Hill lost and what they had returning from last year's team I am not sure that Collins Hill would have done any better with Coach Ramos at the helm.

Collins Hill is a team that is just not beginning to make its mark at the national level and it will take some time before they can establish a program that never sees a drop off from being in that top 10 national ranking set. Being where they are this year and having the performances they have had is probably a very good season for them all things considered. Now that isn't to say that they should desire and be striving for better things but as an outsider looking in I would think this is still a season to be pleased with. I certainly wouldn't call it a time to indict the current coach. Give the new man at the helm a few years to establish is program and see where he is.