AAA State Tournament

dirtydawg15

Wait! How did this happen??? I thought when two Memphis teams played each other they both won...because they are so good? :rolleyes:

It's a good idea to get your laughs in while while you can Jock-strap. The bad news for you is that neither of them was eliminated. Get your digs in now cause your time to do so is shrinking daily.

I have an observation that I'm sure a lot of people have made, but wanted to throw it out there and see what people have to say about it.

I know, I know, you can't put stake in the State Top 10, but these are the best teams in the state and it seems like I'm reading the same teams every week, just maybe in a different order. Of the 11 teams listed in the final poll, 6 come from West TN (Melrose, Southwind, White Station, Mem. Central, Craigmont, and Dyer Co.) and if I am correct only 2 of these schools will be able to make the trip to The Boro.

Of the 11 teams listed in the final poll, 4 come from East TN (Bearden, Oak Ridge, Science Hill, and Knox West). Only 2 of these schools will be able to make the trip to the Boro.

Siegel is the lone representative from Middle TN. So my question is, let's say the West TN and East TN schools listed combine for 4 spots and Siegel grabs the 5th spot, where are the other 3 teams going to come from? Who might be overlooked or who might have an easy path to Murfreesboro? I know who I want to be playing in the 1st round.

A few predictions and I'm done:

1) Melrose doesn't make it back to State. The State Tournament basically starts right now in Memphis. Everyone wants to be the one to dethrone the champ.

2) Either there isn't a dominant team in Memphis (Melrose '10, White Station '09) or there are a lot of really good teams in Memphis. This is the best chance a team from East TN has to make a run in the tournament since Maryville in '07. I think that Bearden is the class of East TN and can do something special.

3) White Station wins it all. We will check back in about a month or so and see how these played out.

Yall might want to watch out for John overton they are doing really good with the baseball play mookie betts yall are talking about the east and west basketball i mean Overton is shooting like 20 points over in regions don't leave them out of your eyes i am not saying they r the best i am saying they are a team not to leave out of state and it will not be a walk in a park for them but they have alot power on there team what do yall think about them

Well put REBELRON...no one should be overlooked. If you do take someone lightly this close to state, dumb move.

Siegel played John Overton in January and won but they are a good team. Happy to see them doing so well. Not sure how far they would get in State but I wish them all the luck.

Good luck to Siegel tonight at home against Cleveland! :thumb:

Score update:

--------------------------------

White Station 49 -- Cordova 32

5 1/2 minutes left in game.

White Station is killing Cordova in the paint! Cordova is jacking up 3's, trying to get back into the game.

WS 53 -- Cor 38

3:17 remaining in game.

White Station is killing Cordova in the paint! Cordova is jacking up 3's, trying to get back into the game.

WS 53 -- Cor 38

3:17 remaining in game.

Cordova is scrapping back! Great effort.

------------------------------------------

White Station 59 -- Cordova 47

1:25 remaining.... Cordova is now playing the "foul-and-hope-they-miss" game.

Cordova is scrapping back! Great effort.

------------------------------------------

White Station 59 -- Cordova 47

1:25 remaining.... Cordova is now playing the "foul-and-hope-they-miss" game.

Final:

----------------------

White Station 63 -- Cordova 51

White Station is going to be very, very difficult to defeat @ State.