Good wrestlers without a medal?

Afro

I saw that match to. It was truly amazing. A tuff one to swallow. I agree that it was a 2 point near fall. HOWEVER, I didn't see the referee count twice. Though he should have counted twice, he only counted once. I can see how the coach could have a gripe. Tuff one to lose.

I saw a two count, just sayin....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now...not my wrestler at all haha...don't go to Ravenwood or have any ties to the school, just saying I thought the call was a little bitt iffy, but of course kudos for the heritage kid for not giving up on the match, bad call or not he capitalized and really showed that the match is never over!

Edited by two4takedowns

Hey now...not my wrestler at all haha...don't go to Ravenwood or have any ties to the school, just saying I thought the call was a little bitt iffy, but of course kudos for the heritage kid for not giving up on the match, bad call or not he capitalized and really showed that the match is never over!

well that's good you don't have a dog in the hunt, it is unusual to see a 3-0 match change so drastically but it was the right call, the ref that made the call is what i consider one of the best in the state if he showed any hesitation by his actions it was probably out of surprise i mean how many times do u see a match swing that fast and that close to the end.

well that's good you don't have a dog in the hunt, it is unusual to see a 3-0 match change so drastically but it was the right call, the ref that made the call is what i consider one of the best in the state if he showed any hesitation by his actions it was probably out of surprise i mean how many times do u see a match swing that fast and that close to the end.

you never see it at all! i just saw the very end of this match, i was sitting over in the d2 section and i could see what was happening but couldn't see the time. someone had told me that the match was about four seconds over before the noodle kid came tapped the ref? im not sure, couldn't see the time but its a shame the kid couldn't have finished the match off, losing a spot on the podium over not fighting all the way through is a back breaker.

As a parent of two wrestlers I have watched several of the REGION 5 wrestlers and I personally watched the 135 from WILSON CENTRAL and he is an outstanding wrestler and he has a great BIG HEART...

I also know that the 112 from Wilson Central should also should be added. 135 from Harpeth and Beach....

There were around 364 outstanding D1 wrestlers (some with big hearts)

last weekend who walked away without a medal. I think most would

agree that they wrestled their best. Like it or not, the top 6 in

each weight class walked away with something around their neck.

I agree with "Da Bears"...Win on the mat. Get a medal.

Edited by HSDAD

There were around 364 outstanding D1 wrestlers (some with big hearts) last weekend who walked away without

a medal. I think most would agree that they wrestled their best. Like it or not, the top 6 walked away with

something around their neck. I agree with "Da Bears"...Win on the mat. Get a medal.

I agree that there were 364 good wrestlers that got nothing. Clearly the best got the medals they deserve but lets not act like if you dont finish in the top 6 that you are no good. Just to make it to states is a huge accomplishment and all of the wreslters busted their butts and left it all on the mat so I can say that everyone there was a good wrestler and did a good job. I am not saying they all deserve a medal becasue they dont but we can call them all good

I agree that there were 364 good wrestlers that got nothing. Clearly the best got the medals they deserve but lets not act like if you dont finish in the top 6 that you are no good. Just to make it to states is a huge accomplishment and all of the wreslters busted their butts and left it all on the mat so I can say that everyone there was a good wrestler and did a good job. I am not saying they all deserve a medal becasue they dont but we can call them all good

Good, outstanding, great, etc... They are all State Qualifiers!

I believe that David hayes of Siegel should have medaled. He is a very good wrestler. Tough draw and placement in bracket kept him from placing.

I saw that match too. It was truly amazing. A tuff one to swallow. I agree that it was a 2 point near fall. HOWEVER, I didn't see the referee count twice. Though he should have counted twice, he only counted once. I can see how the coach could have a gripe. Tuff one to lose.

The rule book does not require officials to keep a visual count, but states that one should be made when possible. In a situation where a wrestler goes straight to his back from a takedown, I typically begin the count in my head until I get into position to look for the fall. Oftentimes in those situations, I begin my visual count at two or three.

The rule book does not require officials to keep a visual count, but states that one should be made when possible. In a situation where a wrestler goes straight to his back from a takedown, I typically begin the count in my head until I get into position to look for the fall. Oftentimes in those situations, I begin my visual count at two or three.

Good point