Region 7-A Tournament

wardawg2038

Again these two teams go toe to toe and get after each other. First let me say my hats off to Humboldt's team and fans. This has turned into a fierce rivalry but one that is handled with class and mutual respect. Both teams played their hearts out tonight and you hate to see one lose in a game like this. Good luck Vikings go down to Middleton and get the win. The season series is tied at 2 apiece would love for both teams to make the state tourney and decide the season series there. Falcons great job and great heart, people can question how smart we play at times or critize certain things but NO ONE can question your heart and determination. You guys laid it on the line tonight. Rest up and lets get ready for Westwood on Monday in tha ville. The gym should be jumping.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to post last night but my computer at home and coacht just doesn't communicate.I said the same thing basically,just your typical hard fought Humboldt-Lake Co game.Same here.Would love to see both teams play 1 more time to settle the season series.Both teams played hard.what high school ball is all about.Even had we lost this game,couldn't say Lake Co didn't play hard.I believe both teams may have had a 5 point lead at 1 time in the game and that was brief.I think for about the whole game it was back and forth with a 1 to 3 point lead all the way..My heart can't take much more ..I went to Lake Co winning to Humboldt winning..to Lake Co winning..to Humboldt winning..Congrats to both teams.Going to be tough sub-state games and hope both teams win.Good luck Vikings and Falcons.

Congrats Lake Co. on the big win.

Humboldt and Lake Co.....yall make District 14A proud....win your sub state games and go to state...it'd be great to see both of yall battling for the state championship in the Boro.

Thanks Greenfield .No matter what happens,Lake Co has had a fine season.Still hoping a few more wins are in store though.But just would like to say..Looks like the Lady can coach.

If somehow the Falcons can win,sure there are going to be a lot of interviews with her being the only woman coaching a boys team.

Edited by mrbigster

I had the same trouble last night between my computer and coacht also. But would just like to say a another classic battle between two great schools! Always get your money when these two meet always a fanastic basketball game! Congrats to the Falcons on a the big win! Good luck as Westwood rolls into Tiptonville Monday night and the Humboldt Vikings has to travel to Middleton! Should be two great games! But i would not be surprise to see both the Vikings and Falcons win Monday night! So again good lucks to both squads and good luck to the Lady Falcons as well! Thumbs up to Coach Barger on a great coaching job! :thumb:

Edited by zebra99

I had the same trouble last night between my computer and coacht also. But would just like to say a another classic battle between two great schools! Always get your money when these two meet always a fanastic basketball game! Congrats to the Falcons on a the big win! Good luck as Westwood rolls into Tiptonville Monday night and the Humboldt Vikings has to travel to Middleton! Should be two great games! But i would not be surprise to see both the Vikings and Falcons win Monday night! So again good lucks to both squads and good luck to the Lady Falcons as well! Thumbs up to Coach Barger on a great coaching job! :thumb:

Thanks Zebra..Good luck to the Vikings Monday night.Hope we both win.Would make the State tournament a lot more meaningful.Would be great to have all the Vikings and Lake Co people in the house sitting together and rooting each other on.Especially since we can't meet until the finals.Of course,that's if we make it.If neither of us don't..has been a great year.If one of us makes it and the other doesn't then good luck to the team that does.and if we both make it.I'll be in high heaven as Volfan likes to say.

By the way..When I try to post at home..this is what I get..

[#20310] Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again.

Do you get the same thing?I can go back and copy and paste and try for 30 times and it still won't post.If anyone can help please do or if Coach T is reading and knows what's going on.

Edited by mrbigster

Just imagine the crowd if we could put both of these sub-state games at UT-Martin or Oman arena. I know the teams that have home court have earned it, but it would be such a great atmosphere to have five to six thousand people in the stands and have one game start at six and the next one right after the first game gets over. Either way both Lake County and Middleton will be packed on Monday night. Better get there early and good luck to both District 14A teams.

Lake Co will definitely be packed.The home folks usually fill our side and with no other area teams playing like Union City,Halls,a lot of our district fans from other schools and with Dyer Co and Obion Central not being far away..should pack the gym.Going to be a tough game.Saw that Westwood was beating Middleton most of the game and at the end of their game was down by 1 point at 67-66 with about 30 seconds left.They were holding for the last shot or a good shot and missed with 20 seconds to play.Middleton grabbed the rebound and Westwood called time to ice the free throw shooter before he shot the free throws.Westwood didn't have any timeouts left and a techinal was called and a Middleton player stepped to the line and hit free throws for the win.So..Middleton and Westwood look to be about as close as you can get.The only good thing is it's a home game.

Edited by mrbigster