Region 7-A Tournament

wardawg2038

Union City beats Dresden. The last second win by Bruceton keeps both region tournaments at West Carroll. Lake Co. boys disposed of Clarksburg tonight rather easily with a 92-70 win and the Falcons playing the bench most of the 2nd half. They held the Rockets to 16 points in the first half and had about 28 point lead. Came out a little sloppy and the lead got down to about 18 Coach called a timeout refocused the troops and pushed out to a 77-44 lead. Bench finished the game off. Semifinals set up for Tuesday with Humboldt vs. Union City at 6:00 and Lake County vs. Bruceton at 7:30. What are everyones thoughts on the semifinal match-ups? I am taking a Humboldt/Lake County rematch in the final but I am a homer. At this point of the season you got to be ready to play because anything can happen.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score was a lot closer than the game even though it was still 22 points.Lake Co went to the 2nd team early and led at the end of the 3rd quarter by 35 points at 74-39.Coach continued going to the bench and had the 3rd team on the floor the last 5 minutes of the game while Clarksburg elected to play their starters ,I'm assumming to get their stats up.They finally put a player that hadn't been in the game at about the 2 minute mark followed by two more bench players with about 40 seconds left.So,the game probably could have been a 45 to 50 point game had Coach B chosen to do so.Ricky Boyd had a good game as did Devon Jones.B.J. Gauldin is continuing to impress but got in foul trouble.Rafhael Tyler didn't shoot as well from the outside tonight but did set others up with easy baskets.Devante Pearson came off the bench and probaly scored 20 points.He has a chance to make the All Region team based on that 1 game and off the bench..lol..Have to keep the hammer down.The intensity wsn't what it is when they play a team like Humboldt or Union City.The press probably didn't get but about 5 to 7 turnovers against a team that didn't look like a very good ball handling team other than #15.He looked to be their best player .Number 41 for them had several blocks and got a lot of points in the second half against the smaller Lake Co subs.Got to get the next game for sure and then no matter what happens in the championship,will get to play another day.I'm going with Lake Co and Humboldt.By reading the posts from Volfan,#33 and #21 for Bruceton must be their two go to guys.I had heard they had two really good shooters.

Congrats to Bruceton on the win....numbers 33 and 21 hit a lot of shots tonight....#33 just couldnt miss in the second half...he was hitting everything he threw towards the goal.

Congrats to the Jackets on a good season...I hate that ended tonight on a last second shot by Bruceton.

UC beat Dresden by 13 or so tonight...cant remember the final score.

What about Humboldt and Lake Co.?

Wish you guys had went at least 1 game farther but still a great season.Greenfield fan and Volfan.I thought Greenfield like my Falcons.Thought we were yall's second team.Let us down in both the girls and boys.Could have been at Lake Co for both ,the rest of the way..lol..Again.hate to see yall lose,know it's a tough loss at the buzzer but Greenfield is headed in the right direction.

#33 for Bruceton is a 3 point shooter....dont leave him open, or he'll nail it. In the second half, he absolutely could not miss...hit everything he shot...with our boys all over him.

#21 is a good ball player, too. He's the type who likes to drive to the basket and shoot off the dribble. He has a little height, as well. Maybe 6'2" or 3"...

Chandler Jordan is a hoss....just due to his size and athleticism alone.

I think yall will beat Bruceton by at least 10 to 15 points....especially with it being at a neutral site.... playing at home helped them last night.

I wish we were playing yall, instead. I would've like to have a third try at yall.

Not alot of chatter on these games so decided to bump it to the top! :thumb: Congrats to the lady falcons on reaching the regional final now it is the boy's turn. Come on Falcons play like you are capable and keep the dream alive!!

I hope Lake Co comes out and plays really well tonight.I would love to jump on them early if possible and not let up.

I hope Lake Co comes out and plays really well tonight.I would love to jump on them early if possible and not let up.

Agreed, I hope we don't play like we did 3rd quarter of the Clarksburg game. Overall, we have been playing very well lately. If Pearson is hitting from 3 and we can get some points out of Stetson Swift we will be in good shape. Also, we need to rebound well and limit turnovers. I think the Falcons will be fine tonight. Lake County by 12 or more.

Lake Co beat Bruceton tonight 82-60 in a sloppy game.Lake Co has looked very good the past 6 or 7 games but tonight just didn't seem to get things going.At one time in th game late in the 3rd quarter,Coach B pulled all 5 starters.Number 33 for Bruceton was deceptive.His quickness was deceptive.For everyone that has seen Lake Co ,are probably wondering how in the world this team beat Humboldt or played them tough all 3 games.Or beat Middleton.Or beat Union city or Greenfield.Maybe it's that they didn't know much about Bruceton and thought the same thing as I did,I never thought during any time of the game that Bruceton could win..just was wondering if Lake Co was ever going to get going.Have to play a lot better to beat Humboldt and I believe they will play better...In the other game Humboldt beat Union city by 4 points in a hard fought contest.

Was a sloppy game but we will take a 22 point win this time of year. LC has a tendancy to play to the level of competition. I believe after the early spurt to get I believe a 11-2 lead they knew they were going to win and coasted a little bit. Kinda same thing as happened in the 3rd quarter against Clarksburg. Can't coast in the next two games but hey we got a chance that is all you can ask for!! focus guys and let's get that home substate game. Should be a great Regional final.

Edited by wardawg2038

Lake Co beat Bruceton tonight 82-60 in a sloppy game.Lake Co has looked very good the past 6 or 7 games but tonight just didn't seem to get things going.At one time in th game late in the 3rd quarter,Coach B pulled all 5 starters.Number 33 for Bruceton was deceptive.His quickness was deceptive.For everyone that has seen Lake Co ,are probably wondering how in the world this team beat Humboldt or played them tough all 3 games.Or beat Middleton.Or beat Union city or Greenfield.Maybe it's that they didn't know much about Bruceton and thought the same thing as I did,I never thought during any time of the game that Bruceton could win..just was wondering if Lake Co was ever going to get going.Have to play a lot better to beat Humboldt and I believe they will play better...In the other game Humboldt beat Union city by 4 points in a hard fought contest.

It didn't surprise to see Lake County play Humboldt as hard as they do. Just like Union City these two foes for Humboldt have turned out to be great rival games. As for me thats what i like to see and always with respect and great sportmanship between the schools!