Region 5-AA

coachrus

White House has good overall size and length. They can play that zone defense extremely well. They are well coached and very athletic.

Even though Sycamore is guard heavy, they do have an all district & all tournament post player. Back-up post play is also solid.

That being said, there's just no way a 9AA team can beat any of the 10AA teams. I'm surprised they haven't just canceled the first round games. Maybe they should just institute the Mercy Rule from the opening tip so that all the 9AA teams can keep it close. :wacko:

Hey, Nostradamus, want some crow to chew on? You'll have to get your own condiments. It sucks when you're sooo wrong.

I guess it's the offseason for their fans too!

Sycamore (and East Lit) played great last night.

It was fun to watch. All we've heard is Sycamore can't beat so and so; Sycamore is going to get blown out by so and so. Guess what? So and So are at home now watching!! 8-)

Hypocrite, see above regarding your 9AA vs 10AA prediction.:roflol:

Let me get this right fullcourtpress22, 10AA talks all this smack leading up to the region tournament and then when they get beat- all is silent on the boards.

I don't think so, 9AA has great coaching and they play hard- glad that is where my kids will compete.

Comon 10AA- where are all the CPA and Maplewood people now? CPA looks like they had their dog stolen or something last night. You aint talking any trash now are you?

Go district 9AA!!!

I can't speak for Maplewood but all of the Cheater's Prosper Academy folks are helping all of their starters fill out the paperwork to transfer BACK to the schools they all went to last year! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Hypocrite, see above regarding your 9AA vs 10AA prediction.:roflol:

REALLY? Do they not teach you the meaning of SARCASM in Sumner County?? I'll type slowly so you can understand it... when I typed the stuff about the mercy rule and cancelling the games, it's not that they should literally cancel the game or run the clocks the whole game. It means that 10AA should quit talking because Sycamore and White House are pretty good. Don't overlook them. Get it? Or do I need to draw you pictures? Good Grief Man. Go take a nap or something Taylor. 8-)

Let me get this right fullcourtpress22, 10AA talks all this smack leading up to the region tournament and then when they get beat- all is silent on the boards.

I don't think so, 9AA has great coaching and they play hard- glad that is where my kids will compete.

Comon 10AA- where are all the CPA and Maplewood people now? CPA looks like they had their dog stolen or something last night. You aint talking any trash now are you?

Go district 9AA!!!

What am I missing here? 10AA has won 4 regional tourney games, and 9AA has won 2 (by Sycamore). 10AA knocked out all 9AA teams except Sycamore in the first round, then CPA's "dog was stolen" by a Top 10 ranked 10AA team who beat them by double digits earlier in the year. The tourney went exactly as could be expected with the exception of the margin of victories, EL's mild upset of CPA, and Sycamore's mild upset of Maplewood. I posted about 3 weeks ago that Sycamore was a potential Region 5 winner. All you had to do was look at their season's results to see they were a good team.

Sycamore fans should be crowing about Sycamore's success, but too many 9AA people are riding the coat tails of Sycamore and making 9AA sound like more than it proved to be.

What am I missing here?

.......too many 9AA people are riding the coat tails of Sycamore and making 9AA sound like more than it proved to be.

What you are missing are the battles that occured in District 9AA this year. It would be hard to describe how passionate these fans are about their teams. Pride steps up.

As a Sycamore fan, a loss to White House and their BDP, or Macon County and their amazing fans, is devistating. But if they are not playing Sycamore, I'm a big fan of both. Compared to WH and Macon, Sycamore is a brand new school, and the new kids on the block. I have developed an instant respect for these teams and their fans....unless they are playing Sycamore.

That being said, District 9 is a tough place to be if you are a basketball fan, but a great place to be if you are a basketball fan!

War Eagle!

(oh yea, there is 1 - 9AA team and 1 - 10AA team now, what's your point again?)

Here is the point CPA4ver: 10AA did win more games in the region tournament but 9AA was not talking trash about how their teams would demolish the 10AA teams! 10AA got on here (I'm sure in fun) and talked about how great their district was and how they would sweep the region tournament. White house and Macon Co both lose by 1 point. To me, it sounds like that both districts were fairly even through the top 3 teams in each.

Good luck to both teams in the region and sectionals.

Here is the point CPA4ver: 10AA did win more games in the region tournament but 9AA was not talking trash about how their teams would demolish the 10AA teams! 10AA got on here (I'm sure in fun) and talked about how great their district was and how they would sweep the region tournament. White house and Macon Co both lose by 1 point. To me, it sounds like that both districts were fairly even through the top 3 teams in each.

Good luck to both teams in the region and sectionals.

I went back and read this thread from the beginning and there is no trash talking from 10AA posters, just 9AA posters. Maybe there was some on other threads but it was probably from one or two posters who always trash talk about everything. With a couple of exceptions, I think the 9AA defenders got all hot and bothered by one or two posters who really don't represent the majority of 10AA fans who have a lot of respect for 9AA.

Everyone (including 9AA posters) recognized Sycamore had a shot at winning the region but rightfully predicted 10AA would win at least 3 of the first round games.

I went back and read this thread from the beginning and there is no trash talking from 10AA posters, just 9AA posters. Maybe there was some on other threads but it was probably from one or two posters who always trash talk about everything. With a couple of exceptions, I think the 9AA defenders got all hot and bothered by one or two posters who really don't represent the majority of 10AA fans who have a lot of respect for 9AA.

Everyone (including 9AA posters) recognized Sycamore had a shot at winning the region but rightfully predicted 10AA would win at least 3 of the first round games.

Go back and read the 9aa and 10aa, 9aa, 10aa and region 5aa threads and you will see that there was alot of trash talk from 10aa posters, maybe not from you, but from several others about a clean sweep and Sycamore getting blown out by maplewood, etc. 9AA takes pride in their basketball just like 10AA. We dont appreciate being called overrated, a down district, a lower level of compettion or any of the other false things that were said on here. Not sure why you are so defensive about it... if you didnt say any of those things, then NO ONE WAS TALKING TO YOU. And if you did say some of those things (which I will be looking into)and now are feeling the need to backtrack... dont! just admit you were wrong and try a little ketchup with your crow.