A state champs

Didnt PC already beat Lake co.

Yes they did...

This doesn't mean anything. They are in two seperate regions and will not meet till state if they make it. Lake Co is just as good as Perry Co and that would be another good matchup. What really stinks here is 2 out of the 4 team out of Humboldt, Lake Co, Middleton, Westwood representing region 7 and 8 will not make it and they are all state tournament quality teams.

The four teams mentioned above are if they of course win tomorrow night.

I know a kid that transferred in to my school when I was in high school from New Mexico and how they did it was they had their district tournament and the top 2 teams in the district tournament moved to the next stage, and after that if you didnt come top 2 in your district there were 8 bids given across the state by how you performed during the season. So lets say you were the #1 team in the state but get upset in your district tournament you could still recieve a tournament bid. After districts there would be 32 teams left and all of the district tournament winners would get to host the first game to a lower seed even if the team had to travel across the state. Each team had a seed 1-32 all District tournament winners had the top however many districts there were and after that the 2nd place teams in district and the teams that got a bid from the state were seeded. The top seeds hosted the first round then after that they would take the top 16 teams to state. All that would do is put one more round to our state tournament and I think it would help even out the state tournament. I also think that it would be cool for kids to experience different atmospheres to play in. For example, lets say Westwood is number 1 in the state and the 32 seed is from knoxville. They would have to come to Westwood to play that first game. It might be a long drive but all these kids, I think, would love the trip across state to see different places in Tennessee. Do I think this will ever happen? no! But I do think it is a good and interesting format that New Mexico uses.

Didnt PC already beat Lake co.

Didn't LC also beat PC..Yes they did..And Lake Co was having to adjust to a new coach.Lake Co has won about 10 of their last 11 games including wins over the #2 and #3 team in the state in Middleton and Humboldt.I believe the loss to Lake co was the only loss by Middleton thus far.And the win was at Middleton.And have played very well during that stretch.During the tournament,beat Halls by over 40..beat Union city by about 35 and then beat Humboldt.Then beat Clarksburg by 22 in their first game in the region but had a 35 point lead at the end of 3 and called off the dogs.So Lake Co has been playing very well

Edited by mrbigster

It will be very hard to beat CA because they are going to get all the calls from the refs, anyone who has watched them play knows this. Not trying to take anything away from them they are a very good ball team thanks to there 2 big men havent seen a team yet that has two big men that can match up with them.

5510 you complain about the refs more than anyone I've ever seen. Grow up.