Bradford at Scotts Hill

tradertwo

As I hugged all the SH girls tonight after the game, we began the mantra....."31-0, 3 to go." :mrgreen:

These girls continue to amaze me with their composure and awesome team play. I've never seen a group of girls who play together so well, and so unselfishly.

One poster had mentioned speed earlier, and I myself remember back about halfway through the season when I found myself wanting us to run more. I kept thinking that we should punish teams for pressing us, and maybe even push up the score on some, but Coach C's methodic plan of controlled ball just kept winning. Then I remembered a story from the movie "Colors" where an older cop was telling a young rookie a story about some bulls and cows...not for recounting here lol, but the point or moral of the story can apply here.... I finally realized 'Okay, we can run down the court and beat SOME teams by 20pts. Or we can WALK down the court and beat them all.' 31 down, 3 to go.

Good luck in the 'Boro girls. Keep on playing with class and composure!!

• Upvote 1

Same here..Get that win tonight..Good luck Bradford.

YOU WILL RUN OVER THIS TEAM IF YOU MEET ON AN EVEN COURT. THEEY ARE SLOW. THEY CAN NOT HANDLE THE PRESS AND THEY NEVER PRESS BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF SPEED. YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT TALKING ABOUT REFS AND FANS, BUT WHEN STREET GETS TACKLED THEN CALLED FOR A FOUL, OR COMBS SCORES THEN GETS PUNCHED IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD BY A MAD PLAYER WITH NO CALL IT IS HARD TO STAY SILENT. OVER THE BACKS NO CALLS, CHARGES NO CALLS, CLEAR WALKING VIOLATION NO CALLS. THE BETTER TEAM LOST. THEY HAD 11 TEAM FOULS FOR THE GAME. BRADFORD HAD STREET, COMBS, BRATTON AND REEVES ON THE BENCH IN FOUL TROUBLE. THE FANS BOOED WHEN BRADFORD CAME OUT. THE FANS TURNED THEIR BACKS WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED THE TEAM. THEY HAD SOMEONE IN AN APE SUIT HOLDING A SIGN THAT SAID YOU ARE ADOPTED. THEN THEY TOOK ONE FULL SIDE AND 3/4 OF THE OTHER SIDE FOR THEIR FANS. THEY OPENED THE DOORS AT 530 WHEN WE WENT IN THEY HAD LET ALOT OF THEIR FANS IN A SIDE DOOR. THEY WERE SITTING ON BOTH SIDES. NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT.

Edited by daroundball

YOU WILL RUN OVER THIS TEAM IF YOU MEET ON AN EVEN COURT. THEEY ARE SLOW. THEY CAN NOT HANDLE THE PRESS AND THEY NEVER PRESS BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF SPEED. YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT TALKING ABOUT REFS AND FANS, BUT WHEN STREET GETS TACKLED THEN CALLED FOR A FOUL, OR COMBS SCORES THEN GETS PUNCHED IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD BY A MAD PLAYER WITH NO CALL IT IS HARD TO STAY SILENT. OVER THE BACKS NO CALLS, CHARGES NO CALLS, CLEAR WALKING VIOLATION NO CALLS. THE BETTER TEAM LOST. THEY HAD 11 TEAM FOULS FOR THE GAME. BRADFORD HAD STREET, COMBS, BRATTON AND REEVES ON THE BENCH IN FOUL TROUBLE. THE FANS BOOED WHEN BRADFORD CAME OUT. THE FANS TURNED THEIR BACKS WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED THE TEAM. THEY HAD SOMEONE IN AN APE SUIT HOLDING A SIGN THAT SAID YOU ARE ADOPTED. THEN THEY TOOK ONE FULL SIDE AND 3/4 OF THE OTHER SIDE FOR THEIR FANS. THEY OPENED THE DOORS AT 530 WHEN WE WENT IN THEY HAD LET ALOT OF THEIR FANS IN A SIDE DOOR. THEY WERE SITTING ON BOTH SIDES. NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT.

You gotta admit...That's kinda funny...

You gotta admit...That's kinda funny...

WHAT PART THE PUNCH IN THE HEAD OR STREET GETTING FLIPPED ON HER HEAD. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, BUT IF IT WAS YOUR TEAM, IT WOULD NOT BE FUNNY. BRATTON WAS MUGGED. I HAVE JUST NEVER SEEN AS SUCH. WHEN YOU COME TO BRADFORD HALF THE GYM IS YOURS. TOTAL LACK OF, WELL ENOUGH SAID. CONGRATS TO SCOTTS HILL PLAYERS. ITS NOT THEIR FAULT. THEY DO NOT CONTROL THE REFS OR FANS.

I was at the game tonight. Yes, I am a Scotts Hill fan. I was in the 530 PM line tonight. By the time I got through the line and into the gym the home side was full. We would not have sat on the other side if we had enough seating. As for those being let in the side door...they were some students...I witnessed maybe 20 going in the side to help shorten the line. These students were going to sit in the student section anyway. However, I don't believe any Bradford fans had to stand up tonight. I saw several SH fans standing up though. As for our kids turning the back on Bradford's girls when the lineup was called out...we have learned from the best of our opponents. We have been treated the same way in the past...It's nothing against Bradford. What is wrong with the teenagers having some good clean fun. As I have always said, they could have been somewhere else partying but chose the ballgame. Bradford your girls played a great game. They should be very proud! :D

Edited by penguin1170