Clay County hosts Lookout Valley

Boarhog

Well road games are just road games, you win some and you lose some. However, when you get in the sub-state home court advantage is a 10 point swing to the home team, or so I think anyway. You add in travel, pressure, and the atmosphere and it's just hard on any team making the trip.

Easy now swanson, don't put a curse on your girls making the trip to Marion Co.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a coach that played LV twice and he said very patient, didn't look scrappy but very desiplined and rebounded better than anyone he played.With the inside game for Clay being weak they will have to hit from outside consistant with 3 or 4 players to win this game. Won't see many second and third chances. I'm a homer and hope the Bulldogs pull it out but its more difficult this year than some in the past.

I remember Clay County beating a very good team from Temple a few years back in the substate in one of the most exciting games i've had the privilege to watch. Don't know alot about this LV team but i don't see them coming into Celina and winning. Clay is a tough place to play and their overall hustle and effort will win this game for them. Clay by 11

Sending my wishes to the Bulldogs on this game. You guys have way more talent and deserve to win. Plus with Clay being such a hard place to play you guys will win by atleast 15. The only thing LV has going for them is their coach. He's one of the best coaches in Single A in my opinion.

Good Luck Clay Co! I'll be watching you guys in the boro!

Edited by TheShow1

Here we go baby, game day! Good luck to Coach Edwards and the Bulldogs as they take on what is bound to be a good Lookout Valley team. I hope that our boys "keep their eye on the prize" the way that they have since the last game with Jackson County in the district tournament. They knew that if they won that game they would be able to stay away from FCS until the region championship. They went into it hungry for a win and beat a good Jackson County team, which put them on the side of the region bracket that they needed to be on. Then they faced two elimination games with Gville and Pickett County in which they stepped up and played more cohesively than at any other point in the season. The Friendship game was the most challenging contest they had seen this year. Once again they knew that it was vital to win for future advancement, desperatley needing to stay away from CSAS. They put on a performance against FCS that was as good as any I have seen in quite a while as far as heart and hustle are concerned.

Good luck to these young men. I feel like they will advance, but if they don't they have already achieved more than most people would have believed they could.

Here we go baby, game day! Good luck to Coach Edwards and the Bulldogs as they take on what is bound to be a good Lookout Valley team. I hope that our boys "keep their eye on the prize" the way that they have since the last game with Jackson County in the district tournament. They knew that if they won that game they would be able to stay away from FCS until the region championship. They went into it hungry for a win and beat a good Jackson County team, which put them on the side of the region bracket that they needed to be on. Then they faced two elimination games with Gville and Pickett County in which they stepped up and played more cohesively than at any other point in the season. The Friendship game was the most challenging contest they had seen this year. Once again they knew that it was vital to win for future advancement, desperatley needing to stay away from CSAS. They put on a performance against FCS that was as good as any I have seen in quite a while as far as heart and hustle are concerned.

Good luck to these young men. I feel like they will advance, but if they don't they have already achieved more than most people would have believed they could.

Good luck to all Clay Co team members and Coach Edwards. Make region 4 proud

Should be a good game to watch! Clay County has the huge advantage of playing at home and should pay off for them. CSAS is head and shoulders above everyone in region 3 and possibly region 4. I think the match up between CCHS and LV are about dead even, from what i've heard, but like I said CCHS has the advantage of playing this game at home and should come out with a win...good luck to Clay County tonight, hopefully I can make it to the game tonight...