Clay County hosts Lookout Valley

Boarhog

The Clay County Bulldogs have advanced to their first state tournament since 2006. The boys looked pretty sharp against Lookout Valley tonight. Might I add that the Lookout Valley coach and players were very classy and never showed attitude on or off of the court. Congratulations to Coach Rob Edwards for leading this team of young men, who with the exception of Boles entered this season very inexperienced, to the Elite 8 of the state.

Trent Boles had just about as good a game shooting tonight that a player could possibly have. He scored 32 points and missed no more than two shots (it may have been just one). He hit 6 three-pointers, two foul shots, had 6 short range jumpers/lay-ups. Corey Hamilton also contributed 18 points on the night. Edwards, Copeland, Strong, and the Birdwells also played very good basketball.

Most folks would have bet their houses that this group of boys wouldn't make it to Murfreesboro. I hope none of them actually did because guess what, they have made it!!!! Congratulations to everyone involved with this basketball team. Good luck in the 'Boro.

Edited by Boarhog

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great game. I was disapointed that Lookout didn't bring a bigger fan base. I think this would have helped the Lookout team. (Not that i didn't want our Bulldogs to win i just hate to see a team get so far and nobody come to watch them. These boys were good players and good sports Congrats to them for getting that far!)

The Bulldogs came into this game with lots of heart. They are playing great ball right now. Corey Hamilton really stepped it up and made some great plays for CC. I'm posting the newspaper story link below.

Go Bulldogs Go! All The Way To State!

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/mar/08/jackets-season-over-clay-county-defeats-lookout-va/?sportspreps