CSAS vs.Lake Co

mrbigster

Fast break? Full court press? Is that what you mean by run? Has Lake County been to the State Tournament before?

They are going to run every possession .When the other team scores,going to be right back.Doubt very seriously if you see Lake Co hold the ball on any possession over 20 seconds.Probably closer to 15 seconds.And yes,Lake Co has been to the State tournament a couple times ...Years ago beat Middleton and Bobby Parks in the sub-state and advanced to the tournament and lost to Whitwell in the first round.The last time was against Cosby several years ago when Lake Co had a 2 point lead with around a minute left and the ball and shot a long 3 and lost.The boys have been very strong the past several years but have always been the odd man out.A few years ago,beat Trenton and Doakes 3 times and Trenton won when it counted and were the Stste runnursup.Lost to South fulton after being up by 2 points with about 5 seconds left and Trey Pearson hit a shot at the buzzer and South Fulton won the stste that year.Same with Union City .Had or should have beaten Union City about 4 years ago with Lake Co having a 2 point lead and M.J.Brown hitting a shot at the buzzer with 4 seconds left in the region.Lake Co was in the same bracket with Union City.Humboldt went that year with Union City.Lake Co hasd beaten Humboldt 3 times that year I believe.Union City won the stste.So,Lake Co has come close,just couldn't seem to get over the hump.But with Union city and Humboldt ,usually a tough task anyway just to get there .

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSAS will win this one. they put our team out and the CSAS team I saw play has the potential to win it all. good luck to CSAS, hope yall can get that ring this year! :mrgreen:

CSAS could win.Most folks have them as one of the favorites.Most probably had Westwood winning also.Believe some had them contending for the State after being there last year and most returning.A lot of teams have the potential to win it all.I've seen Middleton and PC first hand and they are in the State as well.If you notice,Middleton has 1 loss all year.Who was that to?Lake Co.Perry Co is also there at the Stste.What did they do?Beat the team that most people said wouldn't be beat in Clarksville Ac.So..there are a lot of teams capable.Don't know by what it means because CSAS put your team out,I'm assuming Friendship Christian .But Friendship has lost to Clay Co twice I believe and not many like their chances .But who knows?Clay Co could have a great tournament.Their chances are as good as anyones I guess.Just like Lake Co.At least we are both getting ready to play.

CSAS will play Lake Co in the first round.I've been hearing a lot about CSAS.Looks to be one of the favorites.Teams that have watched them or played them.Are they a slower paced fundamental type team or do they get out and run?Do they have a lot of height?By looking at their scores,they have been winning handidly.kera says the falcons will win 35 pts everygane,

I will admit that this is a tough draw for CSAS as well. However, I think it's tougher for a team making their first state tournament appearance in a long time. The fact that CSAS was just at MTSU last year with this same team will make a huge difference heading into Murfreesboro. CSAS will know what to expect and how it feels to shoot in an arena like the Murphy Center. I'm not saying Lake can't win this game because they're completely capable of doing so. This might be one of the most entertaining 1A games on Wednesday. This game will be uptempo with athletes everywhere. Good luck!

Playing year after year at state never seemed to be an advantage for Humboldt...I hope the Falcons win it all..They have really come along the second half of the season...CSAS will be a stern test though...

I think LC has the best team on paper coming in... Unfortunately, they lack recent post season state tournament experience and meeting up with CSAS in the first round is tough...

I believe that this game will be a toss up with CSAS winning due to experience...

Good luck to all...

I'm still in shock that Clarksville Academy didnt make it back....

Lake Co. is playing very good ball right now. They're more of an athletic team with a big guy down low. CSAS will be a very tough, first round game for Lake Co. I saw CSAS play last year in the state tourney, and if they didnt lose any of their starters, then they'll be tough to beat.

Of course, District 14A is one of the best in the state...anyone that comes out of 14A has a good shot at winning the state....Also, when you come out of 14A, then you have to play the Regional teams from Memphis and Middleton, Adamsville, etc. in the sub state game...so, it takes a lot to make it to state.

Go Lake Co. Win it all.

Also, I have to give a shout out to my home county team...the Middleton Tigers....go Tigers....