First Gold Ball

pioneer42

I remember 2 years ago with about a minute and a half in the game against Livingston Gibson County was up about 12 and all I could do was cry. We had been to Murfreesboro for years and finally got over the hump. And last year against Mcminn we made a dramatic comeback and beat Mcminn, yet I was so happy but it was such an emotional game I got to know Coach Morgan, Mr. Massengill and lots of of Mcminn fans I could not help but feel bad for Mcminn. You could tell they were as passionate as we are if not more. I sat in there section today and almost felt like we won another after the game. I seen the tears, hugs and the passion for a team and a program that has been so successful over the years finally get their GOLD DAY they deserved. CONGRATS to Johnny Morgan and the whole Mcminn fanbase on a great tournament and getting the GOLD. Well Deserved.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember 2 years ago with about a minute and a half in the game against Livingston Gibson County was up about 12 and all I could do was cry. We had been to Murfreesboro for years and finally got over the hump. And last year against Mcminn we made a dramatic comeback and beat Mcminn, yet I was so happy but it was such an emotional game I got to know Coach Morgan, Mr. Massengill and lots of of Mcminn fans I could not help but feel bad for Mcminn. You could tell they were as passionate as we are if not more. I sat in there section today and almost felt like we won another after the game. I seen the tears, hugs and the passion for a team and a program that has been so successful over the years finally get their GOLD DAY they deserved. CONGRATS to Johnny Morgan and the whole Mcminn fanbase on a great tournament and getting the GOLD. Well Deserved.

Those young ladies just weren't going to be denied this year. Glad you enjoyed your third consecutive state championship! ;)

I'm not a McMinn fan but I thought that after they destroyed LA in sub-state, no one would challenge them unless they got in big foul trouble, well they did yesterday and still came out on top, the best team seems to find ways to win. Alot of people in surrounding counties were real happy Morgan and Central finally got the gold trophy, at the middle school tourney in cleveland someone told our group and nothing but smiles, and that's while the local girls were splitting games with the McMinn fire, so Congrats Central community. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy and good luck next year to all teams.

I made a comment back when we were getting ready to play the substate that the winner of that game would win the state title. Today Central made that a true statement. Congrads on winning your first gold ball. All of your hard work over the past years has finley paid off. Enjoy it and best of luck next year! (Except if you play LA :mrgreen: )

I made a comment back when we were getting ready to play the substate that the winner of that game would win the state title. Today Central made that a true statement. Congrads on winning your first gold ball. All of your hard work over the past years has finley paid off. Enjoy it and best of luck next year! (Except if you play LA :mrgreen: )

I made the same statement because I knew LA would lose that game.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'll admit that this 40 year old male strength coach cried as the clock was winding down to end the game.

Thank you for this post. You are not the first person to have these sentiments about the Charger faithful. I remember a couple of years ago, a group of Upperman fans came to see McMinn Central play in the state (we had just beaten them in the sub-state game). They said that the hospitality that they received when they travelled to McMinn Central for the game was beyond their expectations. They sat in our section at the state tourney and cheered on the Chargerettes. I've also noticed that the Upperman and McMinn Central fans have an excellent rapport on the message boards, too. I believe that it is due to mutual respect, humility and respect for the game.

I believe with everything that has happened this season (first gold ball, hall of fame, etc..), Central needs to name the roundhouse floor or arena after Morgan in some way. He has earned it and is very deserving. Anyone that knows who to talk to on this, post it and lets get it going.

I believe with everything that has happened this season (first gold ball, hall of fame, etc..), Central needs to name the roundhouse floor or arena after Morgan in some way. He has earned it and is very deserving. Anyone that knows who to talk to on this, post it and lets get it going.

I am from Gibson County and I have only known Coach Morgan a couple of years. But you could not ask for a more down to earth and great coach and person. I would give any thing if he was at Gibson County. We have lost two great coaches in two years. That guy can flat out coach. You guys need to form a little group with lots of signatures and go to the main pricipal or superintendent. That would be a good honor for him.