cloudland vs middleton

bevo

People forget that Cloudland held Unicoi to 48 pts. in overtime at Unicoi. When the Landers come to play, they are mean. They will press relentlessly the whole game whether they are ahead or down by 15. If they can make a team with Mr. Basketball struggle, they will make anyone struggle. Middleton drew a worthy opponent.

What is Middltons strogness? Are they big , fast and athletic? I don't know anything about them and little about Cloudland but yall say say they're scrappy and relentless.

Middleton has descent size and are athletic and very quick. I can tell you this they are also a very good shooting free throw team. They beat Humboldt from the charity stripe. Number 23 and 55 are players. If it comes down to freebies you best not foul 23 he is solid and don't shake easy.

What is Middltons strogness? Are they big , fast and athletic? I don't know anything about them and little about Cloudland but yall say say they're scrappy and relentless.

Middleton has good quickness and size.Not overly big .I belive their tallest player was about 6'4..seems like there were several of them.In warmups they looked like a collge team getting uo over the rim on layups compared to us.The guy down low can jump..belive he had about 5 blocks,about 14 points and a ton of rebounds.But the key is stopping the one guy ,dont remember his number ,but if he's hot can light it up.Middleton came down the floor and hit about their first 3 shots ..all from long range..I remember him shooting from beyond NBA range and thought,surely he wasn't going to shoot that far out ,but he did and nothing but net.The second half,Rafhael Tyler guarded him like a fly on the wall and made him penetrate more.But Middleton has an excellent team.Very capable of winning the whole thing.If you notice,they beat a good J.C.M. team a coupele times..beat Lexington by about 50 and beat Riverside twice,once by 21 points.But I think the key is stopping the shooter from long range.Perry Co has some speed so they can do that.Middleton is going to be tough for anyone .

Didn't know you were writing Zebra.Looks like we wrote about the same thing though.I couldn't remember their numbers though

Edited by mrbigster

i haven't posted in a long time but i have seen the last five state tournements and from what i have seen from the teams from hampton and cloudland in the others from there in the past they don't have the talent that is in the state tournement. With that being said it doesn't mean they don't now, I remember in 07 playing a cloudland team that "could play with anyone" and beating them by 22 so until they can prove themselves they won't be on my mind as a team to advance past the first round.

Middleton has descent size and are athletic and very quick. I can tell you this they are also a very good shooting free throw team. They beat Humboldt from the charity stripe. Number 23 and 55 are players. If it comes down to freebies you best not foul 23 he is solid and don't shake easy.

Thanks for the input and cant wait til tip-off!

This game will get ugly, pretty quick... Tigers up 6 after 1, 14 at the half, 18 at the end of the 3rd, and will hang on to win by ~15...

15 pts does not seem like an out of hand game, but Cloudland will never really be in this game from the tip...

quote me...

I doubt Cloudland is the most talented team down there,but heart and pride can go along ways.These Cloudland kids will fight like a caged animal. Another thing is,they also have some talent to go with it. Might need to give um a little respect.

I doubt Cloudland is the most talented team down there,but heart and pride can go along ways.These Cloudland kids will fight like a caged animal. Another thing is,they also have some talent to go with it. Might need to give um a little respect.

I mean no disrespect to Cloudland, it is an accomplishment for any team to get to the glass house; but basketball is all about match ups and game tempo when you get to this level. I would imagine that 90% of the teams that make it to the state are playing with everything they have... Especially teams that have been there before... and Middleton and Cloudland are two of these teams...

About every team in it this year has some recent state tournament history... except for maybe Lake Co. who is more than likely the most athletic team in the tournament...

Middleton is always very athletic, quick, and know how to play ball. They have a little size this year, as well. They will run with you, if Cloudland likes that style...that's what Middleton would like.

I think Middleton takes this one...I'm pulling for yall...yall are from my home county..Hardeman.