1A polls

VolunteerGeneral

The top two teams in 1A are Cloudland and Ezell. The following are the points and #1 votes each team recieved...

1. Cloudland (8) 7-0 182 2

2. Ezell-Harding (11) 6-0 174 1

It is very obvious that some people in the media are idiots. How can Ezell get 3 more first place votes and still be 8 points behind Cloudland? The answer is simple. Someone or somebodies are throwing Ezell way down on the list. I wish they would make public the vote of each writer. This way they couldn`t hide behind the anonymity of their vote.I`m not saying that Cloudland doesn`t deserve to be #1, but it`s obvious that some writer or two is intentionally tanking Ezell. No one in their right mind could not vote for these two teams as #1 or #2. :D:D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you why this happened....most of the voters in the AP are from the East Tennessee area, near Cloudland..that's why...Ezell would handle Cloudland AGAIN easily....

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:

The top two teams in 1A are Cloudland and Ezell. The following are the points and #1 votes each team recieved...

It is very obvious that some people in the media are idiots. How can Ezell get 3 more first place votes and still be 8 points behind Cloudland? The answer is simple. Someone or somebodies are throwing Ezell way down on the list. I wish they would make public the vote of each writer. This way they couldn`t hide behind the anonymity of their vote.I`m not saying that Cloudland doesn`t deserve to be #1, but it`s obvious that some writer or two is intentionally tanking Ezell. No one in their right mind could not vote for these two teams as #1 or #2. ;):D

Posted by piratecountry:

I'll tell you why this happened....most of the voters in the AP are from the East Tennessee area, near Cloudland..that's why...Ezell would handle Cloudland AGAIN easily....

We (Ezell) could care less what the AP voters do. Our young men and coaching staff know what kind of team we have. So keep dogging us in the polls, heck, just take us out of the polls so all of the people in Roan Mtn. can bask in their moral victories of being ranked #1. This is nothing new to the folks at Ezell. We have the longest winning streak in the state but do you ever see headliners in the paper about what our kids do on Friday nights. NO!! Instead you see half page articles about CPA beating up on Lighthouse. People in the media see us as the bad guys because our system allows us to score a lot of points. Well we will gladly accept that role. Our goal every Friday night is to score every time we touch the ball, not to worry about what is going to be said next in the paper. We don't care if the other team gets their feelings hurt. We have an obligation to OUR KIDS to let them play to the best of their potential. If that means our second unit is throwing the ball in the fourth quarter up 35 points then that's what were going to do and we are not going to apologize to anyone!!! ;)

You guys are right. Ezell and Cloudland are the number 1 and 2 teams in the state, respectivley. All I can say is that Ezell dominated Cloudland last year in the state, so number 1 is rightfully theirs. I have seen Cloudland this year and they are a totally different team than last year. I have not seen a more determined and disciplined team in a long time. The Byrd kid is one of the better players I have seen in any class of high school football. I am not a fan of either team, but these two are the best.

Guest BigK114

I agree, How can you say there is a team better than them if no one can beat them. I mean don't get me wrong, they are not invincible, and Cloudland is a GREAT team, but right now Ezell is the top dog. And will be top dog until someone takes that away from them. Thats just the prize you gain when you win a state championship.

Are the polls based on last year's performance, or on this years performance to date? As this is the 2002 poll, I submit that it makes not one iota of difference what last years team did, in respect to this poll. It must be ignored, and only the facts of this season looked considered. Does that mean Ezell doesn't deserve to be number one? No, it means stop looking at irrelevant data to come to conclusions. All that matters in this year!

Posted by piratecountry:

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:

It is very obvious that some people in the media are idiots. How can Ezell get 3 more first place votes and still be 8 points behind Cloudland? The answer is simple. Someone or somebodies are throwing Ezell way down on the list. I wish they would make public the vote of each writer. This way they couldn`t hide behind the anonymity of their vote.I`m not saying that Cloudland doesn`t deserve to be #1, but it`s obvious that some writer or two is intentionally tanking Ezell. No one in their right mind could not vote for these two teams as #1 or #2. :(:(

I agree, that is why all the AP players of the week and the ones mentioned were from east Tennessee. Are all the writers from east Tennessee???

Posted by ie3:

Are the polls based on last year's performance, or on this years performance to date? As this is the 2002 poll, I submit that it makes not one iota of difference what last years team did, in respect to this poll. It must be ignored, and only the facts of this season looked considered. Does that mean Ezell doesn't deserve to be number one? No, it means stop looking at irrelevant data to come to conclusions. All that matters in this year!

ie3...The purpose of this thread was to point out how obvious it is that some voter(s) are intentionally either leaving out or putting them way down on their list. If a teamhas 3 more first place votes and yet is still 8 points behind, then some people are disregarding Ezell.

It would be nice to have these votes made public so they could be held accountable for their votes. I don`t care who is #1 or #2, but there are voters out there who are intentionally placing Ezell low on their list. It`s either that or they have no idea what they are doing. It would be nice to be able to find out an explaination for this. As it is they are able to hide in anonymity without any resposibility or accountability. :(

These rankings mean something? If Ezell was only playing other financial aid giving schools instead of competing with the public schools of the state things might be different.The only AID kids at our schools get is FIRST AID and the FREE LUNCH program is the only free money. Until the TSSAA realizes this we are all playing for second place. :confused: