Oakland football in rebuilding mode?

nrgrizzlies

Don't get me wrong, (except for the p.a. announcer) Oakland is one of my favorite local h.s. programs. But they just lost the QB Adams, the RB Mayberry, Buddy Mitchell, etc...all schools have to have one of those dreaded rebuilding years once in a while. Who will man those positions? Will some of the rising 10th graders be contributing immediately?

Had a new announcer last year.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds about right. Ensworth pretty much got whatever they wanted. Then again, when you turn the ball over 4 times................

I know ensworth has 2 or 3 outstanding backs, but i thought oakland would beat them up on the line both sides of the ball. Did ensworths quarterbacks do much or was it primarily running attack?

I could not believe what I saw on that field. The whole team was flat and just played with ZERO heart. My head hurts ....

I honestly think its time to seriously consider Emmanuel as the starting quarterback, I know were trying to avoid putting too much on his plate, but his grasp of the offense combined with his physical abilities are so much farther ahead than any quarterback we have on the roster. You hate to think one player makes that much of a difference, but it certainly showed not having him on the field on either side of the ball

I honestly think its time to seriously consider Emmanuel as the starting quarterback, I know were trying to avoid putting too much on his plate, but his grasp of the offense combined with his physical abilities are so much farther ahead than any quarterback we have on the roster. You hate to think one player makes that much of a difference, but it certainly showed not having him on the field on either side of the ball

I agree 100%, you can not go wrong with Man. I have seen him play since he was about 10 yrs old. I would love to see him as starting QB!

I agree 100%, you can not go wrong with Man. I have seen him play since he was about 10 yrs old. I would love to see him as starting QB!

Not a matter of if, but just when.

I personally hope he makes several changes on the depth chart. I think you will get your wish at QB. What could it hurt. Christian took over as a sophomore and done well. Our line play has to improve or it will be a LOOONg season..go patriots and yes my head still hurts!

I think the prevailing theory is that they are already asking alot of him by being essentially the quarterback of the defense, that maybe asking to do the same on offense as well would just be too much. The line play doesnt worry me as much, they have made consistent strides since they started to practice in pads. The boys will be going at it hard tommorrow, I think we will find out what our team is made of by the end of next week. I know its just now week 0, but can this young young young team bounce back after a performance like that? We are about to find out