Rhea County Eagles

kampkiffen

I will say I'm fine with Fitzgerald leaving in general. However, I'm not exactly okay with the timing of the decision. These players are 8 weeks from pads and roughly eleven weeks from game week. Having to put in a whole new system that quick and adjust to a new staff will be very hard to do.

Yeah the timing of everything is a little rough. But Coach Davis is still around and Mitchell too. So they can take care of off season lifting program. Plus we got tough kids who can adjust. The only things the guys can do is just work hard and get ready for the fall.

As far as the coaching search goes, its going to be tough to get a home run type hire at this stage of the game. As for who might be interested Coach Cook, Mike Kinney, Johnny Allen, Pemberton or it could be someone outside with no real ties to Rhea County like Danny Wilson, Doug Green,or Bradley Nix. As far as other that I don't think we have a shot at Coach O at Bledsoe and Coach Ballard at Greeneville. I know who ever ends up with the team, they are going to have a good team but they are going to have to work fast to get ready for the season.

Also this meeting that happened today was suppose to happen last Thursday but Messimer or Levengood couldnt make it. Also I know Fitz for the time being just going to be with his family until the next opportunity comes along.

Edited by Rhea Co.

I wouldnt be surprised by Fitzgerald's decision if i were you. I mean he is apparently unhappy where he is, or he wouldnt be putting in applications for other head coaching jobs. I wish Rhea Co. the best and hope you guys find a good coach really soon. Good luck to coach Fitzgerald as well.

I am still around. You fine people are correct I was an idiot and still am.Just going to try and keep my big mouth shut. Good luck to all.

Im just going to throw it out there. Taw should be the next man to lead the Eagles. He's good enough, he's smart enough, and dad gummit people like him.

As far as the coaching search goes, its going to be tough to get a home run type hire at this stage of the game. As for who might be interested Coach Cook, Mike Kinney, Johnny Allen.........

The first three you named all have landed jobs within the last year. Allen and Cook are coaching together at Central. They had their spring practice a couple weeks ago. And Kinney has just finished his first year as the RCHS baseball coach.

I know you know what I said above. I would absolutely love to see Cook or Kinney as head coach, but I don't see them leaving their current position(s). I guess we can dream though :roflol:

Fitzgerald is no longer the coach solely because he's been in bed with God knows how many schools over the past several years (Cleveland, Soddy, William Blount, Sequatchie, Chat Central, and others). It has nothing to do with the administration, ego, etc.

I really feel sorry for you. You are really a unhappy person. Whatever had happened to you let it go. Be a MAN!