MBA Head Coaching Search

howdoitknow

The entire way this has been handled, from day one when it came out that there were allegations to the point that it obvious that settlements and hush money was paid, has hugely tainted what was once considered the pinnacle of fine educational institutions.

The message that most have taken from this is that while MBA has admitted a problem, they hid the true nature of it, are willing to lawyer up and pay out to those they need quiet and that is was this attitude that got them in trouble with blithely paying money out in the first place. I know that there is a difference in paying adults and paying athletes and their family. But the message is basically the same. Pay your way out of a problem, find a scapegoat, keep things as quiet as possible, don't do what really needs to be done, but try to convince the public and TSSAA that they really have.

MBA is now known a cheater, too weak to make a truly strong stance, and willing to pay off whoever they find necessary to sweep it all under the rug.

Pretty sad. Hopefully they are still being influenced by message boards and will read this. I'm sure pride will make them read this, just as pride will continue to be the motivation to keep sweeping this under the rug.

Pride goeth before the fall.

Pretty bitter about this whole thing, aren't you? Do you have any ties to MBA, or are you a member of the interested public, with no real ties there?

I have ties and I have made donations. I regret it now out of embarrassment from this fiasco.

You obviously have the school's best interest in mind when you continuously get on here and complain. If you have so many issues with MBA, I suggest you head over to 4001 Harding Road and have an adult conversation with someone about it. Hopefully they'll refund your donation while you're over there.

• Upvote 1

I have ties and I have made donations. I regret it now out of embarrassment from this fiasco.

I share your frustrations to a great extent. I'm disappointed in the way much of this has been handled. I think the school has been silent when it should be offering full explanations, and has closed a lot of doors that should have been left open for anyone who desires to come in and browse around. I don't know if this is a one-off, or if hedging on the TSSAA's financial rules is rampant. I do think that there'll be more scrutiny, and if there are other issues, they will come out, like this one, at a most inopportune time. I think if there's more bad news, it should all come out in one mass, otherwise it becomes the death of a thousand cuts. In other words, I'm not real pleased about any aspect of the handling of this issue.

Having said that, I will continue to wear my ring, I will continue to donate to the school, and I will remember MBA in my will. I will in no way disavow the school. You don't bail out on your family just because there's a problem, and MBA is still very much a family. It continues to turn out fine, honorable young men who go on to do great things and make significant contributions. The issues with the football team are an embarrassment, but none of that changes what MBA has been a continues to be: a great (though imperfect) school that turns out graduates who would do honor to any school they attended.

Edited by KWoodroof
  • Upvote 1

You obviously have the school's best interest in mind when you continuously get on here and complain. If you have so many issues with MBA, I suggest you head over to 4001 Harding Road and have an adult conversation with someone about it. Hopefully they'll refund your donation while you're over there.

Nah, this venue is more pleasant for me. It allows me to keep what I feel is an instituitional problem out in a public forum. Your posts shows a lack of character if you feel hiding the truth and issue is in the best interest of the school. You and MBA keep right in sweeping it under the rug, and I will keep right on keeping it out in the open as long as I feel like it. I am thankful we both have that right.

I feel my way is taking the high road to improvement and MBA's is taking the low road to hiding the problem. I feel my way is a better way of clearing the air and allowing true recovery and improvement to happen. MBA's and possibly your way perpetuates the issue and is doing further damage.

I dont want or need any refund on any of my donations. They were given freely, with honor, dignity, and pride and with the anticipation that they would be used in the same manner. I question that now. I suggust you and MBA take a look at the scenery along your drive on the low road. You both are missing a great opportunity.

Nah, this venue is more pleasant for me. It allows me to keep what I feel is an instituitional problem out in a public forum. Your posts shows a lack of character if you feel hiding the truth and issue is in the best interest of the school. You and MBA keep right in sweeping it under the rug, and I will keep right on keeping it out in the open as long as I feel like it. I am thankful we both have that right.

I feel my way is taking the high road to improvement and MBA's is taking the low road to hiding the problem. I feel my way is a better way of clearing the air and allowing true recovery and improvement to happen. MBA's and possibly your way perpetuates the issue and is doing further damage.

I dont want or need any refund on any of my donations. They were given freely, with honor, dignity, and pride and with the anticipation that they would be used in the same manner. I question that now. I suggust you and MBA take a look at the scenery along your drive on the low road. You both are missing a great opportunity.

Constant complaining about the school behind an anonymous name is the high road?

Constant complaining about the school behind an anonymous name is the high road?

Ahhhh, now comes the insults about the anonymous nature of a message board. Asking for the truth, expressing disappoinment in a poorly handled situation, wanting a change and something more positive to come out this sordid affair than it being ignored and hidden does not need an identity.

And asking and pointing out the things I have is certainly a higher road than paying a kid, asking a coach to resign when he was only one of many that were involved, paying him off, and trying to sweep the whole thing under the rug.

MBA = cheaters who pay off an involved but one of many involved scapegoat that they don't even have the backbone to outright fire.

Keep on sweeping boys. you're doing a great job cleaning up this mess. Errr, well, maybe not.

Ya'll are funny. So do ya'll have kids or jobs? Ya'll sure get to spend a lot of time on here. I am allotted about once per month to visit "fun" sites. Listen, bottom line is not what happened in the past, but what MBA does now "in the present". How do they move forward. Mistakes were probably made - but whether you hide it or disclose it is really irrelevant. The important thing is what is being done to provide the kids there right now the best opportunity to succeed. So, what is arguing about the past getting anybody? It's like an ol' fellow told me one time, "Worrying, or bitching about the past, is like sitting in a rocking chair. It's something to do, but it won't get you anywhere". You have to think about the future because the kids that are there now aren't the past. They have to be the focus. Mistakes were made, so fix them - but don't dwell all day on the "why" and "how" they were made. Move forward. As Will Rogers said, "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there". So, move forward all of you. What can be done now to make it better on the hill?

My only interest in all of this is the student-athletes and the quality of competition on the field. I'm a fan of several private institutions. I just want the quality of MBA football to stand strong, along with Ensworth, BA, and so on. It's good for middle TN, and it's good for the student-athletes. I would love to hear about the day when Tennessee is considered a power state in football - but we are so far from that. That's my goal anyway. Maybe all ya'll have a different agenda.

Edited by Grey Ghost
  • Upvote 1

"For those to whom much is given, much is required.

When at some future date the high court of history sits in judgement,

we will be measured by the answers to four questions:

First, were we truly men of courage?

Second, were we truly men of judgement?

Third, were we truly men of integrity?

Finally, were we truly men of dedication?"

John F. Kennedy, Jr.

this quotation is painted on the weight room wall.

"For those to whom much is given, much is required.

When at some future date the high court of history sits in judgement,

we will be measured by the answers to four questions:

First, were we truly men of courage?

Second, were we truly men of judgement?

Third, were we truly men of integrity?

Finally, were we truly men of dedication?"

John F. Kennedy, Jr.

this quotation is painted on the weight room wall.

Strong, strong like bull! :popcorneater: