MBA Head Coaching Search

howdoitknow

John Tucker being a senior and potentially a 3-YEAR starter at center for AHS would be Rankin's biggest challenge in terms of making the move. Rankin is 5 for 5 at Alcoa and needless to say has nothing left to prove after getting the Tornadoes to the status of beating Maryville the last 2 years on their way to winning 43 games in a row.

John Tucker will be a 3 year starter at center their aint no potential to it. 5 for 5 at Alcoa, that's far better then he did at Riverdale and he won 4 their and lost 3-4 others. Quarles is very good at Maryville, but one has to admit Rankin is the best in Blount Co, East Tenn, and the whold state of Tennessee. Tell you what let Rankin and Quarles switch jobs and see who wins the last 2 years...the Red Rebels!

At first I didn't believe what I was hearing but now that I have talked to a few buddies that know Rankin fairly well, I do believe he would go back to Middle Tenn and his family would gladly make the move with him.

PLUS, you are talking double dipping from public to private and he prolly not mind giving up that other title, vice principle either...can't imagine how he can do both jobs.

Go ahead and wite it down and post iton your fridgerater door...Rankin takes the MBA job just in time for spring practice....UNLESS MCGUGIN FILES AND WINS HIS LAWSUIT AGAINST THE SCHOOL.

John Tucker will be a 3 year starter at center their aint no potential to it. 5 for 5 at Alcoa, that's far better then he did at Riverdale and he won 4 their and lost 3-4 others. Quarles is very good at Maryville, but one has to admit Rankin is the best in Blount Co, East Tenn, and the whold state of Tennessee. Tell you what let Rankin and Quarles switch jobs and see who wins the last 2 years...the Red Rebels!

At first I didn't believe what I was hearing but now that I have talked to a few buddies that know Rankin fairly well, I do believe he would go back to Middle Tenn and his family would gladly make the move with him.

PLUS, you are talking double dipping from public to private and he prolly not mind giving up that other title, vice principle either...can't imagine how he can do both jobs.

Go ahead and wite it down and post iton your fridgerater door...Rankin takes the MBA job just in time for spring practice....UNLESS MCGUGIN FILES AND WINS HIS LAWSUIT AGAINST THE SCHOOL.

This is hilarious Rankin better than Quarles ?? Alcoa has had so much more talent than Maryville the last 2 years it's not even funny . If Quarles coached Alcoa this past season Alcoa would have won by a lot more than they did . I promise you .... no one from Maryville would trade Quarles for Rankin ..... no one !

Alcoa

Oakland

Franklin

Smyrna

Milan

Maryville

Beech

BGA

John Paul II

Father Ryan

Now that some funny shizzle right there. Your comparing Caviar to Catfish when it comes to the schools. I think many of the schools listed have good football programs. But thats where the comparison ends. MBA is a not a football program it's a LIFESTYLE. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Rankin was such a driving force in the split between public/private, I'm not sure I ever see him coaching a private school.

This is hilarious Rankin better than Quarles ?? Alcoa has had so much more talent than Maryville the last 2 years it's not even funny . If Quarles coached Alcoa this past season Alcoa would have won by a lot more than they did . I promise you .... no one from Maryville would trade Quarles for Rankin ..... no one !

We all know that there have been years that Maryville was simply "more talented" than Alcoa as well. Do not act as if Alcoa had all of the "great athletes" while Maryville was a measureable underdog that found ways to compete (last year) and win (other years).

I'd take Rankin over Quarles based on what Rankin has done at Smith County, Riverdale, Alcoa.

Quarles is a great coach but I've not seen the overall success at multiple schools. Maryville is it!

............. MBA is a not a football program it's a LIFESTYLE.......... :popcorneater:

Classic. One of the all-time great posts ever made on this message board.

Mykidsdad----how does one get in touch with you? I would like to discuss purchasing the T-shirt/bumper sticker rights from you in return for a hefty royalty payment. I think there is a lot of money to be made here.

Of course, all royalty payments will be delivered to you anonymously, by cashiers check, in a unmarked envelope, so you do not have to report it and can just turn the money over to your wife for household expenses and the like. I believe that the IRS statute of limitations for failure to report is seven years. But, if you ever think you are about to get caught, it is my understanding that if you self-report the income, the IRS will go light on the penalties and interest, take your word for it, and not investigate the matter further, provided that you make your spouse walk the plank and go to jail for you. Just make sure your kids do not fight amongst themselves over whether or not she is a fit mother and hope she goes along with it and does not respond with threats of divorce. If that happens, it may become a nasty public spat.

Edited by BuckLateral

Mykidsdad----how does one get in touch with you? I would like to discuss purchasing the T-shirt/bumper sticker rights from you in return for a hefty royalty payment. I think there is a lot of money to be made here.

Of course, all royalty payments will be delivered to you anonymously, by cashiers check, in a unmarked envelope, so you do not have to report it and can just turn the money over to your wife for household expenses and the like. I believe that the IRS statute of limitations for failure to report is seven years. But, if you ever think you are about to get caught, it is my understanding that if you self-report the income, the IRS will go light on the penalties and interest, take your word for it, and not investigate the matter further, provided that you make your spouse walk the plank and go to jail for you. Just make sure your kids donot fight amongst themselves over whether or not she is a fit mother and hope she goes along with it and does not respond with threats of divorce. If that happens, it may become a nasty public spat.

Just made my way over to the MBA website and found Daniel McGugin listed as Varsity Football Coach. What about his voice mail, does it ask you to leave a message for Coach Daniel McGuigin?

That's a bit suprising(to me)given the events and public dialogue regarding McGuigin and MBA over the past week.

Maybe the administration is preoccupied with the cost and consequences of folks "spilling the beans" under oath.

Don't be suprised if Daniel McGugin is the recipient of another Cashiers Check in the near future.

Edited by Florabama

We all know that there have been years that Maryville was simply "more talented" than Alcoa as well. Do not act as if Alcoa had all of the "great athletes" while Maryville was a measureable underdog that found ways to compete (last year) and win (other years).

I'd take Rankin over Quarles based on what Rankin has done at Smith County, Riverdale, Alcoa.

Quarles is a great coach but I've not seen the overall success at multiple schools. Maryville is it!

You know what Randall Cobb , Brandon Warren , Ray Sykes , Lankster , and Sommers , among many others had in common ...... They never beat Maryville / Quarles . I give Rankin credit for making Alcoa a much more disciplined , better team , but I have never seen Rankin pull out the Miracles that I've seen Quarles pull out . Alcoa has had some of their most talented teams ever the last few years ... let's see Rankin win this year and then I might put him closer to the same category , but still not better . You may find a few Alcoa fans who might take Quarles over Rankin , but you won't find one Maryville fan who would take Rankin over Quarles .... ZIP , ZERO , NADA .

Just made my way over to the MBA website and found Daniel McGugin listed as Varsity Football Coach. What about his voice mail, does it ask you to leave a message for Coach Daniel McGuigin?

That's a bit suprising(to me)given the events and public dialogue regarding McGuigin and MBA over the past week.

Maybe the administration is preoccupied with the cost and consequences of folks "spilling the beans" under oath.

Don't be suprised if Daniel McGugin is the recipient of another Cashiers Check in the near future.

All sights, sounds, & smells seem to indicate that Daniel McGugin has not been terminated as the head football coach at Montgomery Bell Academy. I feel confident that the MBA administration is working on a golden parachute for Coach McGugin. In that package will be a large sum of money/benefits for the next three years, a public apology by MBA, and both sides will agree to keep their pie holes closed forever.

The big question is will Mr. Bradford Gioia survive this latest PR blunder?

Edited by cbg

Of course, all royalty payments will be delivered to you anonymously, by cashiers check, in a unmarked envelope, so you do not have to report it and can just turn the money over to your wife for household expenses and the like. I believe that the IRS statute of limitations for failure to report is seven years. But, if you ever think you are about to get caught, it is my understanding that if you self-report the income, the IRS will go light on the penalties and interest, take your word for it, and not investigate the matter further, provided that you make your spouse walk the plank and go to jail for you. Just make sure your kids do not fight amongst themselves over whether or not she is a fit mother and hope she goes along with it and does not respond with threats of divorce. If that happens, it may become a nasty public spat.

Well thank ya now, ya hear! I have some other ideas. Check'em out!

Alcoa - "Not just making cans, but kickin cans"

Oakland - "If we can't beat you, our coach will curse you out"

Franklin - "Where did all the athletes go?"

Smyrna - "More than just Gang Activity"

Milan - "Google it"

Maryville - "Mayberry West"

Beech - "Hard to get to, but not worth the trip"

BGA - "More that just slow white kids"

John Paul II - "Golden Tate went to school here"

Father Ryan - "School uniforms are here to stay, get used to it"

BA - "New Money, New Money, New Money"

MBA/Ensworth - "When these two teams get together, you can throw the checkbook out the window"

My personal favorite TSSAA - "If it can be screwed up, we can getter done"

:popcorneater:

I do agree with Mykidsdad's post...we are a lifestyle. And I really don't find a lot of humor in this situation.

That said, I'm a great admirer/practitioner of the Sarcastic Arts. Well crafted and thorough, and utterly hilarious in a sick sort of way (which also appeals to me). Well done!