CLINTON HEAD COACHING SEARCH

92Dragon

Heard today at church that they are interviewing seven out of the thirty three. Does anyone know who is interviewing? They said interviews will be Wednesday thru Friday and a decision will be made by Sunday.

The committee is keeping things pretty hush-hush from now until the hire.

A ton of good applicants for this job, you would think that they will make a good hire. But I heard someone say they won't because it is a good ol boy network there. Anyway after reading this thread & looking at the list of applicants I want to mention a name that isn't being talked about on here but is on the list.

Dewayne Wells from Campbell County. The overall record isn't that impressive but you have to look at where he was at. CCHS will never be a power no matter who the coach is, but Wells took them to 3 play-off appearances...the only 3 the school has ever been to. One of those years provided 7 wins. They were usually a pretty competitive team. He did this with very little talent as compared to the teams CCHS competes with on a weekly basis. I think he could do well with more talent. He has also been the head coach at Tusculum College.

I am not on his bandwagon nor am I from Campbell County just seen a few of his team play from time to time. I don't know him personally but I think he could be a dark horse for a job like this.

Here are the seven i would interview if it were left up to me......

Jeff Cortez

Ryan Bolinger

Jason Fitzgerald

Scotty Herrell

Tim Hammontree

Aaron Wells

Robert Reeves

Edited by 92Dragon

Here are the seven i would interview if it were left up to me......

Jeff Cortez

Ryan Bolinger

Jason Fitzgerald

Scotty Herrell

Tim Hammontree

Aaron Wells

Robert Reeves

I have to say I agree about Wells. We all know that Campbell Co. might be the worst situation in America. When you put it in perspective what he did there was amazing. I don't mean to say that the kids can't win, I mean to say that the many people with agendas in that place make it impossible.

I think your seven aren't a bad bunch. My final two would be Cortez and Wells. Based on what I have read I think Cortez is the winner. Lots of titles that equal State titles here. Not to mention it appears that he is a strong Christian. Everyone really needs to read up on this guy.

Unfortunately, someone who is in the building with the kids right now has a shot based on the fact that he is in the building with the kids right now. I'm not saying anything bad about him. I'm just saying that this is a job for an experienced coach who gets the best out of each player.

Come on Clinton, lets forget the emotions and the politics. Let's put this deal into perspective and get the best coach.

I agree, I hope we get the best man for the job. That being said I would hire coach Herrell. A players coach and I think he understands the Xs and Os and specifics better than Shattuck did. A great qb in his day.

Scotty Herrell doesnt have any head coaching experience except at the Middle School ranks. There are alot of coaches on the list that have coached at some pretty good schools and have proven to be winners. Im not convinced that Herrell is ready to be a head coach just yet. I believe he's more concerned about being liked by the players than to really put his foot down and show them who's boss. I could be wrong, but thats just my personal opinion.

I believe Herrell is a great guy and the kids love him, but do they respect his authority? I dunno.

Scotty Herrell doesnt have any head coaching experience except at the Middle School ranks. There are alot of coaches on the list that have coached at some pretty good schools and have proven to be winners. Im not convinced that Herrell is ready to be a head coach just yet. I believe he's more concerned about being liked by the players than to really put his foot down and show them who's boss. I could be wrong, but thats just my personal opinion.

I believe Herrell is a great guy and the kids love him, but do they respect his authority? I dunno.

Good point, a great head coach doesn't care about if the kids like him. He cares about molding them into good and respectable and responsible young men....doesn't mean he can't be there as a confidant if the kids needed him and more or less a father figure i guess you could say.. But, he has to demand respect also, just as a good father to his kids.

What about this Coach Malone from White County High School? He did a lot in a very short period of time took the team that was abandoned by Josh Kerr and really did a turn-a-round with the program... Two back to back play offs appearances..... He could be a hidden jewel......What do ya'll think?