CLINTON HEAD COACHING SEARCH

92Dragon

Don't have a horse in this race but must admit I find humor in the long list of candidates that was released and you picked a guy that was 3-17 in his previous head coaching experience. Now saying you don't know what he had to work with at White County is true, but a year after he left they went 5-5 in regular season and made the playoffs. I'm guessing they are not too sad that he is gone.

Personally, i thought that Jeff Cortez and Danny Adams would have been in the final 3. I believe Clinton knew exactly who they wanted, i mean they did name Kerr the interim coach, so i think they already had their minds made up.

Im willing to give Kerr a chance to see what he can do, but if things dont get any better pretty soon.....i will be a little perturbed!

Personally, i thought that Jeff Cortez and Danny Adams would have been in the final 3. I believe Clinton knew exactly who they wanted, i mean they did name Kerr the interim coach, so i think they already had their minds made up.

Im willing to give Kerr a chance to see what he can do, but if things dont get any better pretty soon.....i will be a little perturbed!

Personally I would have let this slide off my back and not said anything...Coach Kerr was the interim, he has some head coaching experience, he knows the kids they know him, he can assemble a staf quickly etc....

Then Mr. Snider, who BTW was not a part of the interviews, lists his top 3 in the paper!?!?!?! It was a slap in the face!!!! Clinton is officially on The List, we better not cross paths there will be 'no quater given'

Personally I would have let this slide off my back and not said anything...Coach Kerr was the interim, he has some head coaching experience, he knows the kids they know him, he can assemble a staf quickly etc....

Then Mr. Snider, who BTW was not a part of the interviews, lists his top 3 in the paper!?!?!?! It was a slap in the face!!!! Clinton is officially on The List, we better not cross paths there will be 'no quater given'

I just read that. Those were the top 3? Who did you interview? If Kerr, Herrell, and Shinlever(misp.) are the top three then one must assume you're other four were the local youth league coaches. The principal wasn't on the panel !?! Who was on that panel? Who were the others interviewed? I heard Cortez, Hammontree, Price, and Wells. Not sure if it is true or not, but If this is true then it is pretty tacky by the principal to name a top three that doesn't mention these. He is definitely not from around here when he publicly insults veteran coaches especially the ones from around here. He is the south side of a north bound mule!!

Did anyone else hear that little Kerr was bringing in LL. Will he be an assistant coach or recruiting cordinator?

Ive heard some people talking about it, and it wouldnt surprise me....i mean who wouldnt want to coach with their dad if they got the chance?

Who's list 121sweep? :popcorneater:

Who's list 121sweep? :popcorneater:

At this point on everyones win list.. Kidding. Trying to lighten the mood. Don't judge us by our "cover" If you ever watched Andy Griffith then you'll get what I'm about to say. Don't judge Mayberry if the only people you met were Goober, Gomer, Barney, and Otis. The principal is more of an Otis. Unfortunately there are no signs of alcohol, so he does not have an excuse.

He isn't from here so put him on your list. We all just want a good football program. If you are one of those four mentioned that were insulted publicly by the comments in the paper, I promise we are angry for you and wish as much as you do that you or one of the others had gotten the job. I went into the weekend wanting to know details about the process, now I don't want to know. Sorry there bud.

At this point on everyones win list.. Kidding. Trying to lighten the mood. Don't judge us by our "cover" If you ever watched Andy Griffith then you'll get what I'm about to say. Don't judge Mayberry if the only people you met were Goober, Gomer, Barney, and Otis. The principal is more of an Otis. Unfortunately there are no signs of alcohol, so he does not have an excuse.

He isn't from here so put him on your list. We all just want a good football program. If you are one of those four mentioned that were insulted publicly by the comments in the paper, I promise we are angry for you and wish as much as you do that you or one of the others had gotten the job. I went into the weekend wanting to know details about the process, now I don't want to know. Sorry there bud.

In my short time around here I have composed a list of schools that have given me a complete snub job. From the outside looking in, it appears certain hires have been done with nothing more than politics in mind. I have no patients for this, therefore you are on my list.

Chickenhawk I do appreciate your words however....if you dont want fleas dont lay with dogs....Snider is the leader of your school.

One thing for sure they will have Clinton boys big and strong... With the speed Clinton has comming up they will be hard to handel. You just got to give them time. They just need to bring in a good Offensive Cord..... Have you heard who it might be????