CLINTON HEAD COACHING SEARCH

92Dragon

I called this one when Andy resigned. Josh may be a great head coach and may do great things for Clinton High School football but the good ole boy network is still strong in Anderson County!! If you graduated from Anderson County you automatically get head coaching jobs, director jobs, or principal jobs in that school system. Not to mention Lying Larry is still going strong! Is there anybody from Clinton High School in a position of authority there? Sorry about the rant! Good luck Josh! I really do think you will do a good job but just hate politics in the school systems. Go Dragons and Coach Kerr!

I called this one when Andy resigned. Josh may be a great head coach and may do great things for Clinton High School football but the good ole boy network is still strong in Anderson County!! If you graduated from Anderson County you automatically get head coaching jobs, director jobs, or principal jobs in that school system. Not to mention Lying Larry is still going strong! Is there anybody from Clinton High School in a position of authority there? Sorry about the rant! Good luck Josh! I really do think you will do a good job but just hate politics in the school systems. Go Dragons and Coach Kerr!

Well well well. What a not fun thing to talk about today. Unfun and uneventful waste of six other interviews. Way to get our little hopes up Clinton. The good news about all this is Bin Laden is dead and that is way more important than Anderson County politics.

Well well well. What a not fun thing to talk about today. Unfun and uneventful waste of six other interviews. Way to get our little hopes up Clinton. The good news about all this is Bin Laden is dead and that is way more important than Anderson County politics.

SOOOO, what do all of the clinton fans think? Were you hoping for better? A old maverick as your head coach? yikes lol

Why don't you go ask the kids that are gonna sweat and bleed for the man what they think of the hire. The father of two young men on that team told me that most of them wanted little Kerr. They like him and just maybe so will some of those 'still' walking the walls will as well.

Why don't you go ask the kids that are gonna sweat and bleed for the man what they think of the hire. The father of two young men on that team told me that most of them wanted little Kerr. They like him and just maybe so will some of those 'still' walking the walls will as well.

Your right Colonel. I asked a player the other day who he hoped would be the new coach and he said "Kerr". From what i have heard, most of the team really likes Kerr and thinks he will be a good coach.

Now Kerr was 3-17 in two seasons at White County....but i dont know what he had to work with talent wise. I hope everyone gives him a chance and lets see what he can do before we judge him.

Same ole Anderson County B.S. I can not believe Clinton brass is this stupid.

Now Kerr was 3-17 in two seasons at White County....but i dont know what he had to work with talent wise. I hope everyone gives him a chance and lets see what he can do before we judge him.

When Coach Kerr was at White Co he was in a very tough region with Red Bank Cleveland Rhea Co and so on; also if I remember right they played a tough non region schedule too. Plus the talent level at White Co wasn't the best year in and year out. So maybe with better talent pool Coach Kerr will have better success than he did at White Co.

Edited by Rhea Co.

If I ask my son who the best coach would be he would say Herrell then Kerr. If I ask him when his curfew should be he would say "no curfew". Theres a reason why there is an age limit to drive, to drink, etc.. BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT KIDS NEED DIRECTION!!! If you think He's the best man for the program (not just for the 2011 season) that's fine, but please don't say that the opinion (which we should respect but not abide by) of teenagers should be a deciding factor.

I like the guy too, but like can't be a reason to put someone in such a position. I do agree that we can't judge by White County because the two are not the same. Think on this..Would he have the job if he had the same skills, same resume, but a different last name? If the answer is yes then we can move on. None of us can answer that because we don't even know who decided on this. We are not even sure who they interviewed. IF they just interviewed him, price squared, and Herrell then I would choose him too.

Will he teach our kids to be better men? Better students? Better Christians? If so, the rest is unimportant. Please don't tell us the job was given to the guy the kids call "buddy". That's pretty scary to a parent

Edited by chickenhawk

Your right Colonel. I asked a player the other day who he hoped would be the new coach and he said "Kerr". From what i have heard, most of the team really likes Kerr and thinks he will be a good coach.

Don't have a horse in this race but must admit I find humor in the long list of candidates that was released and you picked a guy that was 3-17 in his previous head coaching experience. Now saying you don't know what he had to work with at White County is true, but a year after he left they went 5-5 in regular season and made the playoffs. I'm guessing they are not too sad that he is gone.

• Upvote 1

Don't have a horse in this race but must admit I find humor in the long list of candidates that was released and you picked a guy that was 3-17 in his previous head coaching experience. Now saying you don't know what he had to work with at White County is true, but a year after he left they went 5-5 in regular season and made the playoffs. I'm guessing they are not too sad that he is gone.

I really do wish Clinton the best but like you said, he was 3-17 at White County. He is taking over a 4-6 Clinton team that just lost the best athlete to hit Clinton in over 20 years or longer and was most of their offense last year. There is no way that this was a resume hire! Maybe he wowed them in the interview!! Good luck. Maybe Coach Kerr can start recruiting some athletes to clinton like dad did at AC! Can't hurt!!

I really do wish Clinton the best but like you said, he was 3-17 at White County. He is taking over a 4-6 Clinton team that just lost the best athlete to hit Clinton in over 20 years or longer and was most of their offense last year. There is no way that this was a resume hire! Maybe he wowed them in the interview!! Good luck. Maybe Coach Kerr can start recruiting some athletes to clinton like dad did at AC! Can't hurt!!

cmon 92dragon, where are you? gotta defend this hire son! lol jk