CLINTON HEAD COACHING SEARCH

92Dragon

I really do wish Clinton the best but like you said, he was 3-17 at White County. He is taking over a 4-6 Clinton team that just lost the best athlete to hit Clinton in over 20 years or longer and was most of their offense last year. There is no way that this was a resume hire! Maybe he wowed them in the interview!! Good luck. Maybe Coach Kerr can start recruiting some athletes to clinton like dad did at AC! Can't hurt!!

Even better than Scotty Whitt??

would not be a surprise...solid coach

If you had the chance to coach football with your dad, wouldnt you jump at the chance? I know i would. I believe once summer practice starts, we will be seeing alot more of daddy Kerr. :thumb:

Edited by 92Dragon

Ive heard some people talking about it, and it wouldnt surprise me....i mean who wouldnt want to coach with their dad if they got the chance?

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS..... LL (affectionately referred to by Devilsden) KNOWS HOW TO WIN!!!!!!! He did it at Hall's and has done it at AC. What son wouldn't want to gleen all the knowledge he could from his dear ole dad??? Assistant coach or Recruiter?? Win win. I just wouldn't make it known publically, if I were the powers that be at Clinton. The refs HATE him! I wish Josh the BEST of luck and would love to see him restore Clinton's football program to one that is COMPETITIVE, with discipline and pride.

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS..... LL (affectionately referred to by Devilsden) KNOWS HOW TO WIN!!!!!!! He did it at Hall's and has done it at AC. What son wouldn't want to gleen all the knowledge he could from his dear ole dad??? Assistant coach or Recruiter?? Win win. I just wouldn't make it known publically, if I were the powers that be at Clinton. The refs HATE him! I wish Josh the BEST of luck and would love to see him restore Clinton's football program to one that is COMPETITIVE, with discipline and pride.

I believe Josh will end up naming Larry Asst. Head Coach and Larry will probably coach the Offensive and Defensive Lines. Josh has already said that he is more of a defensive minded coach and would have to bring someone in to run the offense.

Ive seen Larry Kerr at a couple of practices , and i have to be honest...i like what ive seen so far. I believe Josh and Larry is what this team needs. I believe the Kerr's will bring much needed discipline to this team.

oppressed,

I dont think the refs HATE LL, they just dont like his BS ways. Call it what you want, he recruits kids to come to the school he is coaching. I have heard he did it at HALLS and I know he did it at AC. Call a spade a spade! He will look you stright dead in the face and lie to you. How do I know this? My Dad went to school with him at Carson-Newman way back when and thats where he got the name LL, aka LYIN' LARRY.

oppressed,

I dont think the refs HATE LL, they just dont like his BS ways. Call it what you want, he recruits kids to come to the school he is coaching. I have heard he did it at HALLS and I know he did it at AC. Call a spade a spade! He will look you stright dead in the face and lie to you. How do I know this? My Dad went to school with him at Carson-Newman way back when and thats where he got the name LL, aka LYIN' LARRY.

I always thought LL stood for Larry Legend. lol

Now thats funny...may stand for Larry Legend in his own mind.

Hey devilsden, what is Halls looking like this year? What are going to be their strengths and weaknesses in your opinion?

It's just 11 weeks from today the Devils and the Dragons will kickoff the 2011 season at Halls! Cant wait!

Former West and Bearden Head Coach Billy Wilson played with Larry at Carson Newman. He told me the story of how Larry got the nickname Lyin' Larry before he passed away. At Carson Newman, most of the football team were known to get pretty rowdy and hit the bars on a nightly basis. Well, Larry was not about living that way and never went out with the guys. His teammates like to joke around with him about it and give him a hard time. It became a running joke that every night after practice or games they would ask Kerr if he was coming with them to partake in some adult beverages and Larry would say, that tonight he just might come out with them, but of course he never did. Well, after he said that so many times, they started calling him Lying Larry. True story straight from Bill Wilson's mouth...