CLINTON HEAD COACHING SEARCH

92Dragon

Former West and Bearden Head Coach Billy Wilson played with Larry at Carson Newman. He told me the story of how Larry got the nickname Lyin' Larry before he passed away. At Carson Newman, most of the football team were known to get pretty rowdy and hit the bars on a nightly basis. Well, Larry was not about living that way and never went out with the guys. His teammates like to joke around with him about it and give him a hard time. It became a running joke that every night after practice or games they would ask Kerr if he was coming with them to partake in some adult beverages and Larry would say, that tonight he just might come out with them, but of course he never did. Well, after he said that so many times, they started calling him Lying Larry. True story straight from Bill Wilson's mouth...

Thats pretty cool...lol

Former West and Bearden Head Coach Billy Wilson played with Larry at Carson Newman. He told me the story of how Larry got the nickname Lyin' Larry before he passed away. At Carson Newman, most of the football team were known to get pretty rowdy and hit the bars on a nightly basis. Well, Larry was not about living that way and never went out with the guys. His teammates like to joke around with him about it and give him a hard time. It became a running joke that every night after practice or games they would ask Kerr if he was coming with them to partake in some adult beverages and Larry would say, that tonight he just might come out with them, but of course he never did. Well, after he said that so many times, they started calling him Lying Larry. True story straight from Bill Wilson's mouth...

LOL...Thanks for the history lesson, Chill! Never knew that was the TRUE story behind the nickname. I guess we just all drew our own conclusions as to where the name came from....!

• 2 weeks later...

Jason Rhody and Spanky should be assistants at Clinton.

thanks for the support Ron!! however-in the best interst of my family i've hung up my whistle-my wife is getting her doctorate. Lord willing i'll be able to coach again someday-right now i'm coaching my sons 9 and 2 and loving every minute of it. this also gives me more opportunities to see the Red Rebels-Move dem Chains!!!