BBCOR bats?

PirateBaseball

We busted 2 bats last night so instead of buying bats that we can only use a few more weeks we are going to go ahead and get at least one BBCOR. Does anyone have any suggestions? Whats hot? Whats not? These are team bats so durability is also an issue. Thanks

Edited by PirateBaseball

We busted 2 bats last night so instead of buying bats that we can only use a few more weeks we are going to go ahead and get at least one BBCOR. Does anyone have any suggestions? Whats hot? Whats not? These are team bats so durability is also an issue. Thanks

Heard that the Louisville Slugger Exo BBCOR is better than any of the DeMarinis that are out. Dont really know what that means because I dont think any of the BBCOR bats are gonna make you happy compared to current bats

Just be certain you buy the ones that are legal; go to www.tssaa.org and click on their link to see what is legal for the rest of your season/year.

• Upvote 1

Ok I'm going to give you my opinion on which are the best and worst BBCR bats to buy. I am a college baseball player and had these bats sent to us by the bus load. Anyway, Demarini was one of the first to produce theese bats, and honestly have constructed one of the most sturdy of them. The Voodoo is definately a good choice. It needs to be broken in meaning it needs to be hit in the cage quite a bit before it gets used in a game. The Vexxum is also a good choice and very durable. It's going to appear that the barrel is quite small but when you are dealing with a sweetspot that is only a hair larger than a woodbat then it doesnt matter. Refrain from straight one piece bats in my opinion, because we had two and both were broken within the second day. Also, the surge is not a bad choice, but I would not suggest the Omen made by Easton, it has a heavy price tag and is not worth it whatsoever. Hopefully this clears things up a little.

Just be certain you buy the ones that are legal; go to www.tssaa.org and click on their link to see what is legal for the rest of your season/year.

You do not need to check the TSSAA website, all BBCOR bats are legal this year and next.

I know from watching games at Cumberland, the players have been making changes during the season. At the beginning I saw mostly voodoos, 1 or so Surges, 1 Omen, a lot of Rivals (one piece) and it seemed to have the best sound of the bunch. Now at the end of the season I saw no voodoos, no Surges, 1 Omen, a few Rivals and a few Rawlings 5150's, it had great sound as well. The majority was for sure the Rival and the 5150. Their home run numbers as down drastically this year, with a majority of the same players. Last year at seasons end they hat hit 144 hrs, opponents 44, this year they hit 60 hrs, and gave up only 25. So about a 50% drop. I know my son is on a "middle school" team that can still use besr and his omen is hot, I never realized the drop in performance that these guys in college are seeing, until now.

Actually that list is for what comp bats are legal this year, there is another list at the following website that has BESR and BBCOR bats that are legal and you can change the search to only the bat maker and models, lengths etc. that you want to look at. There's something like 1600 bats on there but you can cut it down by being specific on your search. The link is:

http://www.mme.wsu.edu/~ssl/certified/besr/certified.html

Is there even that much of a difference between the BBCOR bats?

Yes, my son hit with some of the BBCOR bats that MTSU uses at a showcase last summer and he said they just felt dead and the college players hated them. I've been told by the sporting goods owner we buy from that the sweet spots on most of the BBCOR's is about a 4 inch area of the barrel.