Farragut vs Bearden

mack6

Any details on the match?

We might get a difference of opinions here, but the way I saw it, Farragut beat Bearden at its own game - kick and run (or long ball). I saw maybe three Admiral games this year and each one they progressivly got better. Farragut's first goal, I believe, came off a goal post rebound (I missed this one and will need confirmation). Bearden fans contest it was clearly off side by yards, don't know, didn't see it - when I got to the game it was already 1-0. Admirals 2nd goal was a thing of beauty, run down the left side of field, cross to box, header. 2-0 half. Two minutes in Bearden scores after putting immediate pressure, scramble in box 2-1. Bearden kept the pressure going, thought it was going to be bang bang bang, but it never happened. Hard hits, a few yellow cards, but all in all, pretty much a clean game. Kids kept their cool, despite the rivalry. I believe Farragut hosts Catholic for next game.

havent been on this site in awhile, but i have to comment on this game! this was the first time i saw both teams this year. here is how i saw it in a nutshell.

farragut came out quick and was confident. bearden looked alittle shocked and realized it wasnt gonna be easy. bearden really didnt have many chances in the first half besides throwins. first goal was a through ball and bearden thought it was offsides. second goal was pure effort. the ball was bouncing out for a goal kick, and farragut headed it back into play in front of the goal, and then headed it in. 2-0 at half. bearden scored in the first 5 min. the ball was crossed, then flicked to the back post. wide open with noone marking him. next 25 min was all bearden. chance after chance. farragut hung in there though. hand ball with less than 5 min left gave bearden a free kick right outside the 18 but it hit the outside of the post. great rivals, great game. just what everyone was hoping for!

havent been on this site in awhile, but i have to comment on this game! this was the first time i saw both teams this year. here is how i saw it in a nutshell.

farragut came out quick and was confident. bearden looked alittle shocked and realized it wasnt gonna be easy. bearden really didnt have many chances in the first half besides throwins. first goal was a through ball and bearden thought it was offsides. second goal was pure effort. the ball was bouncing out for a goal kick, and farragut headed it back into play in front of the goal, and then headed it in. 2-0 at half. bearden scored in the first 5 min. the ball was crossed, then flicked to the back post. wide open with noone marking him. next 25 min was all bearden. chance after chance. farragut hung in there though. hand ball with less than 5 min left gave bearden a free kick right outside the 18 but it hit the outside of the post. great rivals, great game. just what everyone was hoping for!

Except the Bearden faithful!