region 1

pujo

Just wondering how all the teams are looking,watched Hampton scrimmare and I'll have to say I was somewhat surprised. Looked extremely good running the ball behind a young line, the new QB ran the offence smoothly ran the ball well and had some good passes,looks like he's gonna make a goodun. Defensive line wan a terror, with alot of hard work and dedication,they should field a pretty good squad come fall.

Also been hearing good reports out of the Cloudland camp,gonna be pretty young and don't have alot of players,but the one's they do have are hard working dedicated kids, should also have a successful season.

Oldeagle may have to fill us in on Cosby,from what Iunderstand ,they didn't lose very many kids ,but the one kid they did lose will be tough to replace.

I think Unaka losses some key players, but they do return several lineman. The new Coach has this bunch on the right track and Ifully expect them to be a challenger.

Don't know a thing about NG or Hancock.Good luck to all the teams and glad the season is neigh upon us.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We (cosby) scrimmaged Jellico and Cocke County this spring. Looked pretty good in both. Jellico only had about 13 kids out this spring so it was more or less a controlled practice with them. Cocke county seen a very competitive scrimmage in front of a packed house for a spring scrimmage.... it was crazy.

We had about 29 for spring should get about 10-15 freshmen for the fall. Numbers are slowly improving for us. We only lost 1 player from last season so experience should be on our side.

• 1 month later...

We (cosby) scrimmaged Jellico and Cocke County this spring. Looked pretty good in both. Jellico only had about 13 kids out this spring so it was more or less a controlled practice with them. Cocke county seen a very competitive scrimmage in front of a packed house for a spring scrimmage.... it was crazy.

We had about 29 for spring should get about 10-15 freshmen for the fall. Numbers are slowly improving for us. We only lost 1 player from last season so experience should be on our side.

A good buddy of mine actually has a nephew on the Cocke County team, so I saw the film of the scrimmage with Cosby-- it didn't look very competitive at all. I applaud Cosby for taking on a much larger school, but the Roosters seemed to roll hard in that one.

Old24- what's the post Herzog Eagles going to look like come late summer?

Landers are workin' , this group seems to have kept that competitive fire that they had from elem. through jr.high. this being the dead weeks my boy has had a few over to lift with him at our house and know of several others that are doing the same. we will be YOUNG but have potential. If we can keep the injury bug at bay( especially in the line) we should be.......well, I guess thats TBD. They don't mind puttin in the work though, I'll say that. :thumb:

Landers are workin' , this group seems to have kept that competitive fire that they had from elem. through jr.high. this being the dead weeks my boy has had a few over to lift with him at our house and know of several others that are doing the same. we will be YOUNG but have potential. If we can keep the injury bug at bay( especially in the line) we should be.......well, I guess thats TBD. They don't mind puttin in the work though, I'll say that. :thumb:

How many players will you have?

Edited by wingman10

Pujo are you here?? How has your off season been? The Bucs will be up your way this year taking on Unaka. Hopefully Hampton can come down to The Swamp this year. :thumb:

Accounted for and present Reaction, I knew you were playing at Unaka this season, its a long drive, but I'd say you'll enjoy the results. Things are looking pretty good at Hampton and I fully expect you guys to have a quality team,We may cross paths around Thanksgiving, I just hope its In Bulldog territory.But anyways,good luck to you guys and and maybe I'll get to put a face with the name this time.

Accounted for and present Reaction, I knew you were playing at Unaka this season, its a long drive, but I'd say you'll enjoy the results. Things are looking pretty good at Hampton and I fully expect you guys to have a quality team,We may cross paths around Thanksgiving, I just hope its In Bulldog territory.But anyways,good luck to you guys and and maybe I'll get to put a face with the name this time.

You will be better off if you don't put Reaction's face with his name. It could cause nightmares. :roflol: