South Fulton 2011

Seems that we may have had a decent spring session i guess you would say. We scrimmaged South Gibson this past Tuesday whom turned out about 3 times as many kids as we did with our 20. I believe we either tied 2-2 or won 3-2 i missed part of it so unsure and was not published in the part as of yet.

We lossed quite a few kids this offseason due to just not wanting to play which would have gave of us some really good talent all over the field. The fullback Tatum came out with the first carry of the series for the devils and looked as strong as ever. Garmon looked good for it being in the spring and esp. out of the gun or more of the pistol i guess you would say. Both teams moved the ball fairly well against each defenses though, both forcing a couple turnovers.

Hope the summer is bright for us, would love for the coaches to go about and recruit a few more kids to play within the school.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that we may have had a decent spring session i guess you would say. We scrimmaged South Gibson this past Tuesday whom turned out about 3 times as many kids as we did with our 20. I believe we either tied 2-2 or won 3-2 i missed part of it so unsure and was not published in the part as of yet.

We lossed quite a few kids this offseason due to just not wanting to play which would have gave of us some really good talent all over the field. The fullback Tatum came out with the first carry of the series for the devils and looked as strong as ever. Garmon looked good for it being in the spring and esp. out of the gun or more of the pistol i guess you would say. Both teams moved the ball fairly well against each defenses though, both forcing a couple turnovers.

Hope the summer is bright for us, would love for the coaches to go about and recruit a few more kids to play within the school.

They'll get some more don't worry.A lot of them don't want to do the work now but when the season starts,will be ready to play.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if I want the kids that don't want to work. Seem like those would be the cancers on the team???

A lot of em will do that though. I have seen that happen in the past at Bruceton who you will be hosting week 0. I can't believe it is going to be on August 19th. It gets earlier every year. They gonna have scrimmages first week in August now. What's next July football?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not real sure, one kid doesnt make or break a team but he was a great athlete.Hope he has a good Senior year at UC. From my understanding SF scrimmaged gibson co and won 27-7. Dont know anything about GC so dont know how far up the measuring stick that puts us, or how low for that matter. We scrimmage Dresden on the 11th and i plan on attending.

U can bet on it though with two former SF players transferring to uc in the past two year. SF is gonna have it out for UC. :mrgreen:

Not real sure, one kid doesnt make or break a team but he was a great athlete.Hope he has a good Senior year at UC. From my understanding SF scrimmaged gibson co and won 27-7. Dont know anything about GC so dont know how far up the measuring stick that puts us, or how low for that matter. We scrimmage Dresden on the 11th and i plan on attending.

U can bet on it though with two former SF players transferring to uc in the past two year. SF is gonna have it out for UC. :mrgreen:

It was 20-7...not that it really matters, lol. We're not too good this year. You guys had a pretty decent team. The QB and FB and pretty solid players. You guys should fair well this year! Good luck!

It was 20-7...not that it really matters, lol. We're not too good this year. You guys had a pretty decent team. The QB and FB and pretty solid players. You guys should fair well this year! Good luck!

I believe the scoreboard read 27-7 at the end, and it could have been worse. Anyways, good luck on the season!

From Monday's Edition of The Messenger....

SF hits stride

The Red Devils shook off a sluggish start and ended up outscoring Gibson County 26-6 Friday at Dyer.

After the Pioneers hit paydirt on their first possession, SF got its act in gear and scored on four straight series.

Fullback Cody Tatum had two of those TDs, while JaQuay Garmon threw a scoring pass to J.P. Fowler. Hunter Wade ran for South Fulton’s other TD.

“We had a penalty and a sack to open up offensively, then we gave up a big play on their first play from scrimmage on defense and let them score on fourth down,†SF skipper Kelly Spivey said of his team’s play.

“I thought we settled down then and took some things personally that they did and really got after them. Our defensive line was solid the whole scrimmage and Willy Kneuppel at linebacker had a good night.â€

South Fulton will scrimmage a second and final time at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Dresden in preparation for its Aug. 19 season opener vs. Bruceton.

Published in The Messenger 8.8.11