Farragut vs Soddy Daisy

FARRAGUTADGRAD

Not so fast my friend. Farragut plays a ton of young guys. Virtually everyone will be back besides Pfeifer and Delmonico. Xander Taylor is only a junior this year and is a great pitcher/hitter.

I agree "ADGRAD", Farragut will always be good. You have to admit that the two you are losing (Pfeifer and Delmonico) are huge losses. What a lot of people don't realize is that Maryville does not lose a lot either and they have some really good players coming up from the JV. It will be a good battle between these two teams the next couple of years.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...Maryville just lucky to beat Farragut 3 out of 5 games (2 of the wins again a healthy Pfeiffer) and extremely lucky to get by Science Hill's Norris 8-2. Are you serious???? If so, keep underestimating the REBELS. Congrats to the Maryville boys...they have more than earned the right to be there.

No, I was not being serious, but pretty funny that someone took it that way. And to be honest, I did have to ask a football parent for directions in Murfreesboro! MHS had a good team this year that played with alot of confidence in the district and regional tourneys. But...they played a little starry eyed at the spring fling. They could not make anything happen, get/make a break, or gain any momentum. Both Columbia and Arlington are good teams who appeared very comfortable in the situation. MHS did face 2 good pitchers, but 1 run in 2 games stinks. Therefore, two and done with a trip back to murvil just in time to start the summer workouts for football! There was nothin to be ashamed of, it was a good season for MHS.

Got to watch a couple of games of Farragut. Their games were much more enjoyable without all the usual heckling. Their kids really compete. Yeah, Delmonico is a beast that you DO NOT PITCH TO, but their young players are very competitive. I hope they can win it all for our district. They have a really good shot, especially if the other coaches keep telling themselves that Delmonico isn't that good and believe they can get him out in tough situations. I guess no matter how much experience a coach has, he must see it to believe it.

No, I was not being serious, but pretty funny that someone took it that way. And to be honest, I did have to ask a football parent for directions in Murfreesboro! MHS had a good team this year that played with alot of confidence in the district and regional tourneys. But...they played a little starry eyed at the spring fling. They could not make anything happen, get/make a break, or gain any momentum. Both Columbia and Arlington are good teams who appeared very comfortable in the situation. MHS did face 2 good pitchers, but 1 run in 2 games stinks. Therefore, two and done with a trip back to murvil just in time to start the summer workouts for football! There was nothin to be ashamed of, it was a good season for MHS.

Got to watch a couple of games of Farragut. Their games were much more enjoyable without all the usual heckling. Their kids really compete. Yeah, Delmonico is a beast that you DO NOT PITCH TO, but their young players are very competitive. I hope they can win it all for our district. They have a really good shot, especially if the other coaches keep telling themselves that Delmonico isn't that good and believe they can get him out in tough situations. I guess no matter how much experience a coach has, he must see it to believe it.

Great post...on the money!

I hear "Big Red" is throwing for FHS today. He is a very good soph - but still a soph. If they can win that first one today, I think they can piece enough together in the championship game. It will be interesting to see how many more RBI's Delmonico has a chance to get against Collierville. They gotta hit it!

To be honest with you I watched farragut play and was not as impressed as years past. They struggle hitting fastballs other than simcox and Nicky d. However the key to their success has been the way they have played as a team. They are a true team.. not as good as years past but they know how to play in when in counts. Columbia is going to be a good matchup seeing how they hit columbias pitching.

To be honest with you I watched farragut play and was not as impressed as years past. They struggle hitting fastballs other than simcox and Nicky d. However the key to their success has been the way they have played as a team. They are a true team.. not as good as years past but they know how to play in when in counts. Columbia is going to be a good matchup seeing how they hit columbias pitching.

They beat them 2-0 earlier this year with Pfeifer pitching. Xander will be throwing today on 2 day's rest, so I have a feeling it's going to be another close game with Horne probably pitching. Probably will be decided by 1 or 2 runs, and I'll take Delmonico and Farragut in that situation.