South Pittsburg Pirates 2011 Version

OLD PIRATE

With an o-line averaging 291lbs and the speed and athleticism of the skill players, it's SP's to lose. After watching JB a couple of times this year, they may be a little better than last year by season's end but I don't think it'll be enough. That's why they play the games though...many things can happen between now and December 2nd. Unless I'm missing something, SP will play JB in the championship game again this year.

Would like to see you guys and hope that we can get back to Cookeville. We have a lot of talent but cannot afford any injuries and we do have to play some big teams this year. Teams that can hurt you.Other than that we are very optimistic and looking forward to the season.. Good Luck!

Moto we got a new blocker this year named BJ Roberson. He is not in my book, but my newspaper said he was 6'5 315lbs. He is a real big boy and he can nock a hole for our runners to run through. He is big enough to play in the SEC. Grider better play this boy on defence at the noseguard. He should just nock that center in the back field every play and cause them to fumble or mess up the timing of the play. You think im joking but im not.

Roy if BJ nocks our center in the back field every play we'll just have to put our passer in the shotgun formation to give us a little more room. Our center is only 6'1 265lbs (as of last year).

Would like to see you guys and hope that we can get back to Cookeville. We have a lot of talent but cannot afford any injuries and we do have to play some big teams this year. Teams that can hurt you.Other than that we are very optimistic and looking forward to the season.. Good Luck!

I know what you mean...Frankie Traughber will be the bell cow for JB. If he were to go down we'd be hurting. We've got a nice quick little back that will see a lot of playing time this year but we need both of them. We go up against 4A White House on Saturday then turn around 6 days later and play 4A Macon Co. I hope we come away injury free.

Jake will be fine. Made some mistakes but nothing unexpected at this point. He made some good reads and throws too. Everyone needs to remember he didn't play most of last year so his game experience at QB is minimal. It will take some time for him to get comfortable with his reads at game speed. He will make some mistakes but he does a good job of running the O. The Freshman back-up QB is real green (Jake needs to stay healthy) but I see a lot of talent in him.

What about Johnson and Lankford? Which is looking to b featured more?

Traintracks, I was reading in my Murphy Fair book about this Johnson boy and he was a pass catcher last year, but Grider has moved him to a runner. My book says this boy has speed to burn. This Johnson boy returned 7 kickoffs for touchdowns last year. I am going to go watch these boys tomorrow in this practice game and see how good they are.

Little Man is my guess but look for Lankford to get a lot of carries. Always good for your backs to have something left for the 4th Qtr. BTW...The Power (goalline/short yard) set is gonna be pretty tough to stop with our big linemen and the 3 big backs in. We pounded Bradley Central in goalline