South Pittsburg Pirates 2011 Version

OLD PIRATE

From a inside perspective is this team really still just not getting it? I was told they can be one of best teams ever if some SR leaders will step-up and lead by example instead of finger pointing and being me players...If that's true this team will flop and implode....Did I pretty much hit the nail on the coffin or is it not as bad as I'm lead to believe....I hope they wake up because they are too talented not too! 2008 all over again? Or will things change? Only time will tell I guess

I talked to at least a dozen kids on the sideline during the game...the leaders are there just none have stepped up to that role yet. This is a different group of senior. Last years group of seniors had stronger personalities and were leaders as a group but it until after the Polk game we really didn't know how they would handle adversity. Last years team was the senior's team...they owned it and they made it a Championship team. I don't see a "team" yet in 2011..just a very talented bunch of football players. I think there are a couple Jrs and maybe some Sophs that could step up and be leaders on this team as well as a couple seniors. Only time will tell...I do have a lot of faith in these kids...I have coached almost every one at some point. They all know how to win and that means a lot!

Let me address a few things. (1) The score. This doesn't distinguish between Varsity and JV. Why should you? You don't in a real game. Bledsoe's first possession ended with a punt. Our's ended with Chubb's TD reception and the twins' kick. 7-0. Bledsoe punted. SP punted. Matt Allen intercepted and returned for a TD. Kick good. 14-0. Bledsoe punt. Johnson 40 yd run. Kick good. 21-0. Bledsoe completion TD. Kick good. 21-7. Bledsoe's 11 interception, but turned it over on downs on about the one foot line. SP ran four plays then fumbled (this is the drive Cody Branham got hurt on) - Bledsoe recovered. Bledsoe 11 reception TD. Kick no good. 21-13. SP punt. Bledsoe turned over on downs - couldn't convert on 4th and 1. SP used three plays for completion TD to Michael Allen. Kick good. 28-13. Lengthy Bledsoe drive but couldn't convert on 4th and 7. SP punt - mainly due to bad snaps from an inexperienced center. Not his fault, though. SP Payne Mosely intercepts. Three plays later TD reception by Matt Allen. Kick no good. 34-13. Bledsoe completion TD. Kick good. 34-20. SP Jajuan Lankford 50 yd run. Kick good. 41-20. Bledsoe 34 run TD. Extra point fumbled. 41-26. Each team had a scoreless possession, then the game was over. Final score 41-26. Earlier I said it was 48-26, but I was wrong. Call it 41-26, call it 6-4, call it what you like, Pirates whooped Warriors.

(2)Jonathon Sellers quit. He wasn't thrown off, and it wasn't for grades.

(3)I talked to Branham today and he feels certain he'll be ready for the season opener against Grundy.

Let me address a few things. (1) The score. This doesn't distinguish between Varsity and JV. Why should you? You don't in a real game. Bledsoe's first possession ended with a punt. Our's ended with Chubb's TD reception and the twins' kick. 7-0. Bledsoe punted. SP punted. Matt Allen intercepted and returned for a TD. Kick good. 14-0. Bledsoe punt. Johnson 40 yd run. Kick good. 21-0. Bledsoe completion TD. Kick good. 21-7. Bledsoe's 11 interception, but turned it over on downs on about the one foot line. SP ran four plays then fumbled (this is the drive Cody Branham got hurt on) - Bledsoe recovered. Bledsoe 11 reception TD. Kick no good. 21-13. SP punt. Bledsoe turned over on downs - couldn't convert on 4th and 1. SP used three plays for completion TD to Michael Allen. Kick good. 28-13. Lengthy Bledsoe drive but couldn't convert on 4th and 7. SP punt - mainly due to bad snaps from an inexperienced center. Not his fault, though. SP Payne Mosely intercepts. Three plays later TD reception by Matt Allen. Kick no good. 34-13. Bledsoe completion TD. Kick good. 34-20. SP Jajuan Lankford 50 yd run. Kick good. 41-20. Bledsoe 34 run TD. Extra point fumbled. 41-26. Each team had a scoreless possession, then the game was over. Final score 41-26. Earlier I said it was 48-26, but I was wrong. Call it 41-26, call it 6-4, call it what you like, Pirates whooped Warriors.

(2)Jonathon Sellers quit. He wasn't thrown off, and it wasn't for grades.

(3)I talked to Branham today and he feels certain he'll be ready for the season opener against Grundy.

Last time I checked a 2 TD "loss" to South Pitt. wasn't that bad.... :roflolk: