Rhea County Coaching Search

It is ironic that Levengood scared all the Rhea County coaches with warnings about how bad their lives would be with an outsider as Director of Schools. He did that to get them to support him for Director. It turned out to be a lie. The coaches would probably have fared a lot better under a more professional Director of Schools than one who will sell anybody out for a school board members vote. Now, all of a sudden, he wants to talk about qualifications.And, or course, his puppet, Messemer, falls right into line. If Levengood and Messemer really believe qualifications matter they should do the Rhea County School System a favor and resign.

It's a shame that those in power could force a man like WALT CAMERON out. Such a role model and mentor to the boys. Hopefully this old guy they've hired will keep WALT around in a sort of consultant position.

Just when you thought the thread had died...

I figure we'll have the usual "pick my coach" rabble in 3.... 2.... 1....

At this point, what coach would want it???

All of the guys who interviewed know by this point that they would be our 3rd or 4th choice, if you buy into the rumor that Adams was our 2nd choice.

You are fixing to go into a dead period where you can't have any contact with the team.

No staff.

Terrible compensation and an even worse administration.

Sad thing is, I'm not surprised by any of this. I never had any confidence in the search committee they assembled making the right choice to begin with.

The program's mojo will be sidelined until Rhea Co. is allowed to ride again. Not a week removed from his apparent banishment from these forums and we've lost our 2nd head coach in the last month. I think it's safe to say Rhea Co. was the glue that held it all together.

In all seriousness though, everything happens for a reason. Part of me thinks we dodged a bullet here and we can all hope that the administration has better luck with their next selection. Remember, it's not like anyone is trying to ruin the program. I think we all want to see success from the football team, as well as all Rhea County athletics programs. Here's hoping that starts with the next new coach of the Golden Eagles.

We're all Green and Gold when it comes down to it. Hopefully the 2nd go round of this doesn't turn into the same "bashfest" the last thread did.

Edited by GoldenEagle11

Great hire and job well done to the powers that be. Now lets get behind this guy. Adams has an awesome winning record, years of experience and maturity. Can't wait to see where this leads Rhea County Football. Should make for an interesting season.

Great hire! MATURITY! Interesting 3 days! I wondered how you could say great hire when you have never met the man.

I laugh out loud at you people complaining about us not hiring the SCES middle school coach. There is only one man qualified to take our program from the smoldering ruins it's now in and restore it to its former glory. He is a man of virtue, a man of character, a man of experience and hard work, and a true Rhea Countian.

With nerves a steel and the mind of a scientist, Walt Cameron has everything it takes to get the job done. Let's hope Messimer, Rhueling, and Levenbad can make the right decision this time around.

Great hire! MATURITY! Interesting 3 days! I wondered how you could say great hire when you have never met the man.

MATURITY is a good word used here. It is lacking from several people.

From the previous list we have Glen Ryan, Jeremy Bosken, Doug Green and Jerry Cook. Who will it be?

At this point with the talk around the community anything but a Jerry Cook hire will set off an outrage.

With that said whom ever gets the job had better have some tuff skin.